Making cloth armor from plate/leather armor.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I was on reddit earlier today and some one in a thread regarding making money in SW suggested turning plate/leather armor into cloth armor using the Mystic Forge, how does this work?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

You put four of cloth or metal armor in the forge and hit forge. Then you hope that you get a light armor out of it. Otherwise, just keep tossing in the undesirables .

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Seems more profitable to vendor it.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

usually is. Not sure why someone would say to forge it.

You do get a 20% chance that 4 greens will upgrade to a rare so maybe they’re gambling on the chance of getting a light armor back to salvage the silk or getting a rare to salvage for ectos.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s mildly profitable to mystic forge all your greens (except light armor) in hopes of getting rares or light armor. You’ll usually, in the long run, make more that way than by vendoring it. However it requires holding on to them and making regular trips to the MF, then spending the time putting them in.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

It’s mildly profitable to mystic forge all your greens (except light armor) in hopes of getting rares or light armor. You’ll usually, in the long run, make more that way than by vendoring it. However it requires holding on to them and making regular trips to the MF, then spending the time putting them in.

I salvage them all for luck essences. Because I haven’t reached that mythical 300% yet.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I salvage them all for luck essences. Because I haven’t reached that mythical 300% yet.

I used to, but I’m not convinced that luck works well enough to actively work towards it. I’ve seen too many posts where people have 300 plus luck and they don’t get better drops than I do at 170 luck. Especially considering how luck works, which is primarily through killing mobs. A very large proportion of loot for most people comes from containers which are not affected by luck.

Imo, the gold you get by selling your loot now will far exceed any future loot you get after you finally hit 300.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.