Making gold in GW2

Making gold in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Intro

Predominantly a PvP’er and lacking in gold? Unsure where to start? One of my personal favourite ways of making gold in Guild Wars 2, Frostgorge Sound Champion farm is consistent and easy. But perhaps you have never heard of it or been apprehensive about trying it.

In this video I outline the pro’s and con’s and the route in which the champion farm is performed. This thread will be updated in the future as I cover further gold making guides, including Queensdale Champion farm and Orr temples.

Frostgorge Champ Farm

Youtube Link

Rewards

From experience I see about 15-20g worth in materials and gold per hour if if you sell everything. Your loot includes but not limited to,

• Tier 5 crafting materials ( bloods, totems etc )
  • Tier 6 crafting materials ( rarer chance )
  • Usable item granting skill points
  • Tier 5 and 6 gathering materials ( Orichalcum Ore, Ancient Wood, Mithril ore etc )
  • Many blues and green quality items to sell in Trading Post or salvage for Essence of Luck ( MF )
  • Chance at rares and exotics ( Salvage rares for Globs of Ectoplasm and sell Exotics on TP )
  • Other rare materials like Cores and Lodestones, Charged Cores/Lodestones are selling extremely high at the moment.

Champions

Frostgorge houses 7 champions to farm, the order are as follows.

Fish -> Kodan -> Norn -> Wurm -> Drake -> Quaggan ( every 6 rounds or so ) -> Troll. For the specific route feel free to watch the youtube video found above.

DO NOTE

I will update this thread as more videos are made to cover other gold making methods in game. Appreciate your time. Have a good day everyone.

~Killchain.

(edited by Zanthrax.6538)

Making gold in GW2

Zanthrax.6538

Queensdale Champion Farm

Youtube Link

Rewards

The Queensdale champ farm yields less gold but far more karma and experience. Its also a low level zone that can be done by low level alts as a method to level them too. I find this as a great tool as an all round farm. The downside is that you receive varying qualities of champion bags from white to exotic this is why you gain less gold per hour because Frostgorge provides all exotic champion bags. From experience I gain roughly 5-10 gold per hour in the Queensdale farm. The rewards include but not limited to the following.

• Tier 1 to Tier 6 crafting materials ( bloods, totems etc. )
  • Tier 1 to Tier 6 gathering materials ( ore and cloth etc )
  • Usable items to gain skill points ( great for alts )
  • Chance at rare materials including cores and lodestones ( rarer than Frostgorge )
  • Many greens and blues ( sellable for gold on Trading Post or salvagable for Magic find items called Essence of Luck )
  • You will NOT get anywhere near as many rares or exotics which means no Ectoplasms etc.
  • You ONLY gain exotics and rares from Queensdale farm via Exotic Champion bags which are far less frequent.

Champions

The Queensdale champion farm harbors 5 champions in the following order.
Troll -> Bandit -> Oakheart -> Spider -> Boar
For the specific route feel free to watch the above youtube video. =)

Do Note:

This thread will continue to be updated with further methods for gold making as more of my videos come out, feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel for more videos as they come out.

(edited by Zanthrax.6538)

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

NIce guide bro, when i was guesting on SoR it seems like they have their own special rotation that doesnt really make sense to me. So just make sure to check if our server has a different champ rotation than the standard one most servers use.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Any idea if any servers still do the Orr farm?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

NIce guide bro, when i was guesting on SoR it seems like they have their own special rotation that doesnt really make sense to me. So just make sure to check if our server has a different champ rotation than the standard one most servers use.

Yeah, I was going to point this out as well.

SoR does Wurm last. Fish, Kodan, Norn, Drake, (Quaggan), Troll, Wurm

Also note that Quaggan can be divisive. I don’t know about the other servers, but the rule of thumb is that on SoR it is skipped unless it is “near the path”. Having said that, it can be almost right on top of Drake, people can be saying “quaggan next!” repeatedly in chat, and two thirds of the zerg will still port out when Drake dies and kill Troll and Wurm before the other third manages to down Quaggan.

Anyway, best to ask if you haven’t done the loop on a given server before.

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Any idea if any servers still do the Orr farm?

I would also like to know if any of them do it. It’s superior to the frost one. What you do is you do the ember event, then do the champ rotation while that’s on cooldown. The ember farm still works, it just doesn’t last as long and has a longer cooldown. There were a few servers that were still doing it after the light nerf on it, but it seems everyone just moved to frost for whatever reason.

Frost rotation on TC… just starts at fish and goes counter-clockwise.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

CoF Path 1
SE Path 1,3
CoE Path 1
HotW Path 1
TA Path Up
AC Path 1
CM Path 1

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The Queensdale champion farm harbors 5 champions in the following order.
Troll -> Bandit -> Oakheart -> Spider -> Boar

Just for your information: the “correct” order for Queensdale champion farm is a subject of ideological war that can get really ugly sometimes. It is mostly about the placement of Oak in the queue, and the “side” champions: bandit and wasp.
And you are far more likely to get unconnected people there, that start killing champions “out of order”.
TL/DR: the real order of champs in QD is “whatever is just being called in wc”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Grumpy Dolan.5381

Grumpy Dolan.5381

I’m kinda bored with Frostgorge, doing average of 20 gilded boxes daily. How does it compare to Cursed Shores? Never done it, and there is not much up to date info on it, only figured its wise to have some tankiness and res skills for that, which my valk warr do. Not really into QD since it gets disrupted way too offen, also seem slower in general.

edit: I will also try to add some more dungeons than cof to my daily routine, ideally would like to figure some efficient combo of trains, dungeons and node farming that is varied enough to not get old fast ad not so time consuming it becomes a job. Will post it if I figure that one out.

(edited by Grumpy Dolan.5381)

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

When I logged in today there was a champ farm in Orr on Seafarer’s Rest (EU). No idea if it’s the norm though, I find champion farming dreadfully boring so I don’t do it.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Making gold in gw2 is the most boring experience in mmo ever.

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

years later, gw2 will be remembered as champ train simulator 2013

Making gold in GW2

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

They make mmos to make read gold themselves not to make the game fun.Their philosophy is ok what is the best way to implement new stuff so i can rip off people of their money.

Making gold in GW2

Zanthrax.6538

Orr temples etc are definitely the least boring and most karma and gold. Its a far more time consuming though, as for Orr farming in general I find servers don’t often do it, most people have limited time to farm a day or at any given time. As such they spend it doing Orr temple event chains but NOT staying to farm more Orr afterwards. =)

As for the varying opinions of order etc, I have guested to some servers that make me cringe at how they do things, but perhaps I’m being just as stubborn as they are. My personal experience and opinion is Crystal Desert has always been a joy to guest to. ( Its no longer my home world ).