Making gold without HoT became frustrating...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I used to run dungeons and fractals dailies, now one got nerfed very hard, the other is a gold sink and gated behind the expansion on top of it (can’t get past lvl76 without grinding a lot more because of masteries…), and the only way now is SW which is annoying because of how many times I did it. Let’s not forget PvP too with the unbalanced Elite specs…
There’s also TP flipping but it ended badly, I made a stock of Tattered Batwings before the end of Halloween, hoping that the price would go up a lot but it decreased by 100% of it’s initial value two days after…

I know this is to make the expansion more appealing, but so far I don’t think it’s worth 40€ (25€ seems more like a fair price), I’m waiting for Raids and the rewards for doing these aswell as the changes in Fractals rewards, but otherwise I’m not tempted to buy it, there’s too much content that have not been finalized within it like the story, some missing components etc…

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

As far as I know, raids are also addon-gated.

Posted by: coroch.8956

coroch.8956

Raids are totaly part of the addon yeah

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There really isn’t much more gold in HoT besides selling things on the TP. However that stuff will decrease in value dramatically in time. There’s no gold generating content really besides raids and it’s only 12g a week. That’s nothing compared to what dungeons were. So the market is going to deflate. And then maybe that 12g you get in raids will be alright.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Raids are totaly part of the addon yeah

I actually meant that I’m waiting to see if Raids are worth the purchase of HoT, but still, the Fractals changes are a joke and I just hope they are introducing new fractals soon and not old content like Mai Trin and Molten Duo in the Fractured update 2 years ago…

Posted by: Sadu.9541

Sadu.9541

Tbh the time of GW2 vannilla is over and I hope all future updates will only include content for HoT owners (except wintersday etc.). Otherwise i feel like my money was used for people being penny-pinchy.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There really isn’t much more gold in HoT besides selling things on the TP. However that stuff will decrease in value dramatically in time. There’s no gold generating content really besides raids and it’s only 12g a week. That’s nothing compared to what dungeons were. So the market is going to deflate. And then maybe that 12g you get in raids will be alright.

12g a week? That is less than Tequatl.

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

I don’t think it’s worth 40€ (25€ seems more like a fair price)

Very much true.

Paying the same amount for the expansion as if you were buying the game again is outrageous really. I have never witnessed this before.

It’s called an expansion for a reason, because you already own the game and you just get something on top of it. Furthermore, it contains only 3 maps, a couple of armours/weapons and one story. If you want to unlock the story for Scarlett Briar you have to pay 200 gems per chapter of around 7 chapters or so, so again the game is just a cash machine.

Elite specializations introduced a lot of imbalance. Lately I’m under the impression I’m playing Star Wars. Existing OPed classes became even more powerful (giving the Guardian a bow while a staff to the Ranger…), whilst some existing classes didn’t receive anything to counter the extra might others received. I’m not saying they cannot be beaten, but c’mon.

Not worth it.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Trouble with the way the economy works is that you can’t just give people detailed advice on what to gather or invest in because then it loses its value as hundreds of people swarm the same thing.

It’s one of the few distinctive parts of GW2 that is anti-cooperation. You’re actually better off being selfish, or keeping tips to a few close friends.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Trouble with the way the economy works is that you can’t just give people detailed advice on what to gather or invest in because then it loses its value as hundreds of people swarm the same thing.

It’s one of the few distinctive parts of GW2 that is anti-cooperation. You’re actually better off being selfish, or keeping tips to a few close friends.

^ So true.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Sadu.9541

Sadu.9541

Can’t complain about new ways of making gold in HoT even without the addon content. Anyway there need to be losers in an economy to allow others to win.

Labjax.2465

Anyway there need to be losers in an economy to allow others to win.

Ahh, not really.

That’s more just American mentality about forward-movement.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ahh, not really.

Well its more on the lines that things are not one way or another just degrees of things. So its a over simplification of what going on there are “winner and loser” but its not a one or the other comply. English just not that good at saying such things with out a long complex statement (though i am not sure what language is good at saying such a thing simply).

Any way HoT was only unfair in the early days becuse the first to get items much like at the start of GW2. So if you where playing right when GW2 came out you got money a lot easier then say ppl who start now becuse 1g when GW2 first out was simply more valuable.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I don’t think it’s worth 40€ (25€ seems more like a fair price)

Very much true.

Paying the same amount for the expansion as if you were buying the game again is outrageous really. I have never witnessed this before.

It’s called an expansion for a reason, because you already own the game and you just get something on top of it. Furthermore, it contains only 3 maps, a couple of armours/weapons and one story. If you want to unlock the story for Scarlett Briar you have to pay 200 gems per chapter of around 7 chapters or so, so again the game is just a cash machine.

Elite specializations introduced a lot of imbalance. Lately I’m under the impression I’m playing Star Wars. Existing OPed classes became even more powerful (giving the Guardian a bow while a staff to the Ranger…), whilst some existing classes didn’t receive anything to counter the extra might others received. I’m not saying they cannot be beaten, but c’mon.

Not worth it.

Hate to make a reply just to correct you but I feel I have to so that people who are not in the know don’t get incorrect information. It’s actually 4 new maps in HOT which may not sound like a lot. But due to the verticality of them and the getting around issues of them they seem a lot bigger, there is also a lot of content in them. Not only events but also adventures. Also when you open your full map these 4 maps actually open up a sizeable chuck of the world map.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Labjax.2465

Ahh, not really.

Well its more on the lines that things are not one way or another just degrees of things. So its a over simplification of what going on there are “winner and loser” but its not a one or the other comply. English just not that good at saying such things with out a long complex statement (though i am not sure what language is good at saying such a thing simply).

Any way HoT was only unfair in the early days becuse the first to get items much like at the start of GW2. So if you where playing right when GW2 came out you got money a lot easier then say ppl who start now becuse 1g when GW2 first out was simply more valuable.

I’m pretty sure I understand what you’re getting at, but I still (mostly) disagree. Yes, there will always be something of an economic imbalance in terms of who gets what and who doesn’t, but it can be a lot more balanced than it is.

Part of the reason it gets so imbalanced in this game is because the main source of income is from trade, rather than from direct currency generation, meaning that working markets with as few people as possible, at the right time, is the most profitable means of wealth acquisition.

The result is that the barrier to profit is not large for a newer player (all you technically need is the know-how to work/find a niche market and you can profit) but it also means that “playing the game” (meaning: doing whatever you feel like) is one of the most poor ways to get gold for items that can only be obtained in that way.

You pretty much have to go out of your way and focus on gold acquisition itself to make meaningful progress. And even then, it’s not always clear to the average player what it would beneficial to go out of their way to do.

Most people end up relying on a market like SW, where the profit is decent despite it being swarmed. But those kind of markets are rare and tend to deteriorate over time, due to the glut of items.

Mind you, I’m not saying purer currency generation wouldn’t be imbalanced at all. It would have a different kind of imbalance to it and would need special stuff in place to keep it working well. I’m not sure what the answer is. I just know it’s not all “has to be this way.”

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i found gold flows in like water since HoT launch. crafting mats demand surges….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

I used to run dungeons and fractals dailies, now one got nerfed very hard, the other is a gold sink and gated behind the expansion on top of it (can’t get past lvl76 without grinding a lot more because of masteries…), and the only way now is SW which is annoying because of how many times I did it. Let’s not forget PvP too with the unbalanced Elite specs…
There’s also TP flipping but it ended badly, I made a stock of Tattered Batwings before the end of Halloween, hoping that the price would go up a lot but it decreased by 100% of it’s initial value two days after…

I know this is to make the expansion more appealing, but so far I don’t think it’s worth 40€ (25€ seems more like a fair price), I’m waiting for Raids and the rewards for doing these aswell as the changes in Fractals rewards, but otherwise I’m not tempted to buy it, there’s too much content that have not been finalized within it like the story, some missing components etc…

its only 50 dollars, here is how u can afford it, instead of going to macdonald every day, just go once a weak, thats 35 dollars saved! Instead of going to movie theatre every week, just dont go to the moves this week thats 10 dolalrs, now u have 45 dollars. Instead of eating candies every day, just dont eat candies today and tahts 5 dollars! now u have your 50 dollar so go buy the expansion!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I have HoT but I haven’t been spending much time there. I think I’ve gotten around 100g since then(might have spent around 70g on guild upgrades) which seems okay to me.

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

its only 50 dollars, here is how u can afford it, instead of going to macdonald every day, just go once a weak, thats 35 dollars saved! Instead of going to movie theatre every week, just dont go to the moves this week thats 10 dolalrs, now u have 45 dollars. Instead of eating candies every day, just dont eat candies today and tahts 5 dollars! now u have your 50 dollar so go buy the expansion!

He didn’t say he couldn’t afford it.
He said he didn’t know if it is worth the price.

Edit: Also, attempting to call him fat isn’t going to help you.

No.

(edited by AWACS.6537)

Posted by: Jayllyfish.3489

Jayllyfish.3489

Didn’t Anet post something a couple of days ago about fractal rewards increasing? I’ve seen 10 threads today about gold without a single mention of that.

EDIT: Here ya go! Things are looking up for fractal runners

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Upcoming-Fractal-Changes/first

(edited by Jayllyfish.3489)