Making legendaries account bound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Hi there, a few months ago there was a trick to transmute legendaries with white weapons to make them account bound.

Does this still work?

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

For this skins? yes, it still works. And with the transmutation splitting, you can have the skin on one weapon and the legendary status on another.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

What you mean skins? I run with a meteorlogicus on my guardian(yes soulbound) and want it on my necro.

Does it still work?

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

yes just transmute to a white and then use transmutation splitter. At least thats how its supposed to work

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

I used this recently (about 2 weeks ago) — either white or blue works; when you transmute it, it becomes account bound (I think you have to accept the non-legendary stats for this). Then when you use the transmutation splitter, you get back the legendary + the white/blue item.

If you use the transmutation splitter while the item is still soul-bound, then the resulting legendary will be soul-bound — first you have to transmute to get it to be account bound; then you can split it. (Yes, I used two transmutation splitters — I was curious, and had transmuted previously.)

I don’t know of a way to get the legendary skin on one item and the stats on another — that’s not what I saw; but it’s also not what I was trying for.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I don’t know of a way to get the legendary skin on one item and the stats on another — that’s not what I saw; but it’s also not what I was trying for.

You can’t do that. The transmuted Legendary splits into the item that provides the skin (Legendary) and the item that provides the stats (white/blue item).

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

its printing them money, lengendaries will not be going back as acc bound

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

You can’t do that. The transmuted Legendary splits into the item that provides the skin (Legendary) and the item that provides the stats (white/blue item).

Agreed. That part was responding to what Vorch.2985 wrote.