Making players mad all ANet good for?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

How many times have the majority of the playerbase been angry with ANet every time they implement a change that either breaks the game or makes no sense?

The ones I remember off the top of my head were (not counting bugs):
-Trait changes.
-NPE.
-Megaservers.
-Lions Arch/Scarlet/Living World stuff.
-Super Adventure Box.
-Dragon Hunters

HoT Pricing seems to be the newest one on the table.

I’m disappointed but at this point what can I do? Everytime the players argued with ANet about something, ANet just went ahead and did it. We get ignored. We grumble about it and then we moved on (at least from my observations). They do something and we seem to suffer for it one way or another. Now I’m not saying ALL the players feel this way. There are ones who are legit happy or just don’t care. It’s just really baffling at times how mad a lot of us seem to get and ANet just shrugs at it.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I think the Gem Store bulk buying only and the HoT pre-purchase brought the most outrage. The others were minor compared to those two.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah I know. I used to get mad at my parents when they decided things, go to my room and slam the door shut. Never seemed to work for me. Maybe they had access to information I didn’t know which is why they told me I couldn’t stay out past 9pm or have a pony at 10 years old.

Who knows, maybe ANet has information we don’t have on topics such as new player retention and the NPE or Megaservers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I must admit the community relations and marketing departments are exceptionally bad at Arena Net.

So bad in fact that the topics constantly pop up complaining about them. I think they only hire idiots into the marketing department and the community relations department is essentially castrated by Arena Nets policies, effectively making them useless to the community.

May not be the intention to make the community mad, but they constantly make decisions that actively do that.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I must admit the community relations and marketing departments are exceptionally bad at Arena Net.

So bad in fact that the topics constantly pop up complaining about them. I think they only hire idiots into the marketing department and the community relations department is essentially castrated by Arena Nets policies, effectively making them useless to the community.

May not be the intention to make the community mad, but they constantly make decisions that actively do that.

I think I have a good idea (besides what’s been said on record) as to why the other founders left.

Ever since Jeff Strain and krew left, the promises, commitments, quality, and everything else we’ve come to take for granted from Anet has went down the toilet.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

How many times have the majority of the playerbase been angry with ANet every time they implement a change that either breaks the game or makes

Majority? A majority of the players are playing the game, have 0 issues spending 50 bucks on an expansion, and enjoy the game

The people on the forms pretty much just complain about everything because they feel each and everything anet decides to supposed to be just for them

Posted by: Fauxfox.7318

Fauxfox.7318

How many times have the majority of the playerbase been angry with ANet every time they implement a change that either breaks the game or makes

Majority? A majority of the players are playing the game, have 0 issues spending 50 bucks on an expansion, and enjoy the game

The people on the forms pretty much just complain about everything because they feel each and everything anet decides to supposed to be just for them

Well.. we are going to have to actually spend $50, so it is a concern, but I guess you are loaded and don’t see the issues, go in-game and enjoy it, and let the rest of us have out tantrum.

class changes nerfs and balances I don’t and have never given a kitten about its all part and parcel.

Anet like all/most companies will never go back on themselves.. even if they made a bad decision.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m not mad because of the price – I expected it and am a bit confused why most people seem to be that exasperated because of it. I thought there would be a character slot, but alas.

I actually love the guild halls, I don’t care about much else as all I want is an unbuggy and fair game and the expansion won’t fix that, of that I’m sure (and I’m still here ;)). If all the bugs, lags and nonsense traits etc were fixed I would pay 100€ for that alone because this still is a really good game.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The people on the forums pretty much just complain about everything because they feel each and everything anet decides to supposed to be just for them

None of us did a head count, so no one gets to claim majority for either side.

And yes the people on the forums do complain about nearly anything… but is that what is going on here? This is quite a heated discussion, that has also spread to Reddit. A lot of players are angry. You can’t just handwave that as every day forum-complaining.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

The people on the forums pretty much just complain about everything because they feel each and everything anet decides to supposed to be just for them

None of us did a head count, so no one gets to claim majority for either side.

And yes the people on the forums do complain about nearly anything… but is that what is going on here? This is quite a heated discussion, that has also spread to Reddit. A lot of players are angry. You can’t just handwave that as every day forum-complaining.

Just a phase. Did you ever play ff 14? They did these atma fate quests based on a really low rng system. The forms exploded with complaints. But in the end…..people who wanted it did it, those who didn’t want to didn’t, game moved on as will this one

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I think you all need to redirect your anger at NCSoft, corporate, bean counters, and marketing departments. I highly doubt if Anet had anything to do with the pricing and/or release marketing on HoT.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-