Making soulbound into account bound

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Sorry, I know this question has been asked and answered many times. I only used the transmutation system a handful of times in the past since I didn’t care about skins. My question is, say there is a soulbound item from the personal story, is it possible to keep the stats on this item and make the stats account bound? Was this possible in the past before 4/15?

The reason I’m asking is because I want to make this item account bound and use the stats for black lion key farming.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strong_Back_Brace

Thank you.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

No. Nor was it ever possible.

Black lion key farming can only use a limited number of things. No-level Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots, Wintersday Polla with no-level upgrade, hero’s band, no-level food(maintenance oil stuff is useless) and no-level weapons.

Besides that, the stats are what is soulbound. not the entire item. You can take the skin, and the upgrade and put it onto a no-level item and make it account-bound, but stats of a back item can never be given to a BL key farmer. The lowest level stat item for back, that I know of, is the toymakers back piece that requires I believe level 10.

It’s anet’s way of limiting how fast a key can be made. With the items above mentioned its already possible to get to +90 power on a level 1 character. You shouldn’t need anymore than that(also, polla doesn’t matter really since it only really add’s 5 power max).

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Thank you for the help, and telling me about the Hero’s Band, I didn’t know about that item. I’ll never have the hero’s band since I didn’t pre-order, I guess that’s alright.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

ArtemusHunter.9521

Here’s a detailed update to what I said earlier, as an FYI.

At level 1, players have access to Chest, Shoulders, Gloves, Boots and any weapon depending on their class. Those that pre-ordered have access to one soul-bound ring(hero’s band) that grants +2 to stats and has an upgrade slot. Hero’s band wont take in any upgraded no-level upgrades(fine quality only I believe). Players that have taken advantage of a certain LS updates have access to One Accessory.

Various classes have access to head or shoulders, but both for most are slot-gated until levels 10 and 20 respectively. Because of this, there is no No-Level whites that BL key farmers can take advantage of for extra stats.

People who took advantage of the free Polla that was given away in the gemstore have an accessory that grants plus 1 to 4 stats and has an upgrade slot.

Classes that have head slot items as a choice at level 1/character creation:
Elementalist
Guardian
Warrior
Thief
Mesmer
Necromancer
Engineer

Classes that have shoulder slot items as a choice at level 1/character creation:
Warrior
Guardian

One class has access to back slot items as well.
Engineer.

AND finally, the Backpack Straps(come from things like Tiger Charr Backpack Set) are account-bound and have an upgrade slot. They allow for any skin to be applied and I’m unsure as to what upgrades can go inside them. Most likely it will be no-level upgrades.

ArtemusHunter.9521

Correction:

The Backpack Straps used to have an upgrade slot I think, however, I just logged in to check and they no longer do.

They have no stats at all. They are account bound though, so you can put your favourite skin on it and wear your favourite back piece while farming the keys.

Oh, and its best to go with power stats for everything. You will destroy everything. But you probably knew that anyways. lol