Making way points account bound.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knapper.3508

Knapper.3508

Hey,

Was doing a guild bounty mission today and forgot that I didn’t have any of the way points unlocked on my warrior for the area we were in.

I got to thinking and thought about the idea of making way points account bound rather than character bound. JUST waypoints, if you want 100% exploration you would still have to do all hearts, POI and the challenges.

It just makes navigating the world so much easier for other characters.
What do you guys think about this ?

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

I think you’re lazy. You should do your missions on a different character if you already unlocked that WP, or communicate with your guild which missions they intend on doing in advance of mission time so you can get the necessary WPs.

Knapper.3508

haha maybe so, I just think it makes it easier for leveling up alts too, rather than wasting alot of time running around maps that you have already explored alot of times with other characters.

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

One of the biggest points of the game is exploration, is it not? That’s why there are more events randomly about in unknown locations instead of Renown hearts. If you make “leveling alts” easier then you’re taking out one of the largest components of the game.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

No thank you. I want the experience from discovering the waypoints.

Don’t slow down my leveling, please. It will make it harder for me to level up my alts.

Knapper.3508

Fortunately for you I am not Anet so I would’nt worry about it :P

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It would have to be optional as some people don’t want it, they like unlocking waypoints. In addition, it almost certainly would mean that the accounts that get this will not get any more Gifts of Exploration, meaning they won’t be able to craft additional Legendaries.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Most of my alts, the near 30 of them, have under 50% map completion. I have two that are at 100% and after them, it’s not really exploration any longer. I probably know most of Tyria likes it’s my own neighborhood. So having the way points as account unlocks would make it feel more pleasant and natural to me. I’ve done the same thing as the OP with a guild missions and it’s annoying. Luckily going full speed burn thru a zone doesn’t take too long.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

lmao… um, you can’t do that. Because each individual character can obtain 100% map completion. That in and of it’self yields each character you have at a shot of gaining 2 Gifts of Exploration, aka 2 Legendary weapons that can be made.

You made WPs account bond, you limit yourself to only being able to make just 2 Legendary weapons.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…