Male Legendary Bow?

Male Legendary Bow?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draaconis.2574

Draaconis.2574

I finally broke down and started researching my legendary. I thought I was going to throw up. Is there a way to make a legendary bow for a boy? The longbow poops out flowers while you run and plays birdsong. The shortbow shoots rainbows and has a unicorn on it. Is there more than one style of each legendary?

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

New Legendaries will be introduced with the Expansion so you will have to wait and see.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I got the Leaf of Kudzu from the Forge last year, so I made a female Sylvari to use it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: felipelana.1963

felipelana.1963

Well, to be fair, I am a boy and I like flowers and unicorns, so it’s more a about your style and opinion

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

I…..just can’t sit idly by and let this slide. I get that you want a different style legendary. That’s totally cool. But implying that rainbows and unicorns aren’t for guys is just silly. I’m all for Long Bows of the deep deep dark of the underdark. But at the same time, I dig the rainbows and unicorns too. There’s nothing inherently female about rainbows and unicorns. On a personal note, my older sister was always upset that she never got action figures as a child because our mom thought they weren’t appropriate for young girls. Girls can fully appreciate a nice Longbow of World Slaying with fire and brimstone shooting everywhere. Just saying, the world is a big place.

Alright, now that that’s out. We are probably getting more legendary bows with HOT. My guess is that they will probably be pretty different from the aesthetics of what we have now. Hopefully, they will be more of what you are looking for.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

sigh

This is the reason we can’t have nice things.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Is there a way to make a legendary bow for a boy?

Such phrase makes me wonder how old are you … my guess is under 15 :P

Anyway, weapon skin “for a boy” is VERY subjective, I guess you want a skin more “metal” or something, currently such legendary bow doesn’t exist, you’ll need to wait for the HoT and see how the new bows will look like or make an ascended bow and then apply why other skin you want.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well, to be fair, I am a boy and I like flowers and unicorns, so it’s more a about your style and opinion

Why you no likey rainbows, bro?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Male Legendary Bow?

felipelana.1963

I am not trolling, I truly don’t see a problem in a male character using these legendaries. Why do people always think that when someone doesn’t agree with them he is trolling?

Male Legendary Bow?

felipelana.1963

I like rainbows too, if the shortbow was more beautiful I would make it, but although I like the effects I’m not very fond of the design of the weapon itself

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I agree with Felipe, why a guy can’t like rainbows?
I personally don’t like the unicorn part of the Dreamer but the weapon itself and the rainbow is great.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I finally broke down and started researching my legendary. I thought I was going to throw up. Is there a way to make a legendary bow for a boy? The longbow poops out flowers while you run and plays birdsong. The shortbow shoots rainbows and has a unicorn on it. Is there more than one style of each legendary?

Please explain any connection between flowers/birdsong/unicorns and gender.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I’m a dude and I’m sitting here in my sweet unicorn hat and just laughing so hard right now.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

The only real answer here is: There will be new legendaries with the upcoming expansion. Most likely there will be a new longbow BUT we have no idea until it arrives what it will look like/what effects it will have. On the note that is arising as an argument in this thread: OP, please refrain from trying to assume that “Rainbows, unicorns, and flowers” are not appropriate for males. Because it is all a matter of opinion and preference and the only kind of person you look like in this thread is an ignorant character. Now moving on, read the first half of my post and carry on with your lives. Next?

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I totally agree Draaconis. I think you could’ve worded your argument better. A lot better in fact but I too would love to have a masculine legendary longbow option.

Cathulu above makes a good point though that there are other good options out there. You can go to a major bank and see all your options via the wardrobe tab. I think the spider and Tequatl skins are pretty slick as well as a few others.

That being said here’s to hoping for more legendary options in the next xpac.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Besides Legendaries, there are also Mystic Forge recipe bows

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge/Equipment

Incase you haven’t looked at them.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Even along classic gender lines, I don’t consider Kudzu that “girly”. Dreamer is, but Kudzu is just a flower themed bow (with one of the most notable footfalls in the game). Given the presence of the sylvari, and general plant-themed stuff everywhere, its pretty gender neutral.

That said, I’m with everyone else on the “who cares about classic gender lines” train. But if you want someone “manlier”, try the Fused Longbow. It’s all fire and metal and expensive (actually really cool fire effects). Or wait until HoT.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

They’ve told us there would be new legendaries

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

They’ve told us there would be new legendaries

Yes. New longbow legendaries is what I wanted to say. Thanks for the correction.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I am female, play 2 female rangers and I hate the look of the legendary, goodness Anet could have done a lot better than that.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I like rainbows too, if the shortbow was more beautiful I would make it, but although I like the effects I’m not very fond of the design of the weapon itself

Sad rainbow is sad.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

How many rainbow skins are there in game compared to firey/dark/spikey stuff?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

I’m a female gamer and I hate these. Also I have never met another chick gamer with one of these legendaries. The only owners of kudzu and dreamer that I personally know of are men, hah.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Cathulu.9605

Cathulu.9605

I’m a female gamer and I hate these. Also I have never met another chick gamer with one of these legendaries. The only owners of kudzu and dreamer that I personally know of are men, hah.

Hi. I am grill, I have dreamer, I love it.

:)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Also I have never met another chick gamer with one of these legendaries.

Then I guess I’m the first^^

No matter whether or not Kudzu is “girly” (which is… yeah, let’s not go there…), I reckon the new legendary longbow will have a vastly different design. No point in introducing new legendaries and then making them look like the ones we have now. So chill out, there’s probably gonna be a “guy” version sooner or later.
(I don’t believe we are having this discussion… it’s never the other way around…)

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Also I have never met another chick gamer with one of these legendaries.

Then I guess I’m the first^^

No matter whether or not Kudzu is “girly” (which is… yeah, let’s not go there…), I reckon the new legendary longbow will have a vastly different design. No point in introducing new legendaries and then making them look like the ones we have now. So chill out, there’s probably gonna be a “guy” version sooner or later.
(I don’t believe we are having this discussion… it’s never the other way around…)

@Cathulu HI OTHER GRILL

I guess now I have officially ‘met’ you so my last post is almost moot. And now Red Queen chiming in, lol.

But regardless, yeah, these kinds of convos always do suck. I’m not even going to get into it with points and details really, and just default to the usual “lets just have more customization for everything!” opinion, cause I agree with it.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I hate legendary bows as well.Thats why i dont bother making1.They all look like made for girls…yuckkkkk

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

This post reeks of misogyny.

Male Legendary Bow?

timmyf.1490

This post reeks of misogyny.

I don’t think it’s misogyny, just immaturity. (Along with a genuine dislike for the skins and effects, which is fine.)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: archdemonXIII.7063

archdemonXIII.7063

There is nothing more manly than running around shooting flowers and unicorns whilst not giving a kitten what anyone else thinks.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

The dreamer is a dumb silly skin but saying it is “for girls” is insulting and sexist.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The dreamer is a dumb silly skin but saying it is “for girls” is insulting and sexist.

It’s also considered homophobic, since he is associating those weapons for girls and it wouldn’t doubt my mind that he would assume that if he wore it people would think he was gay, which explains some hostility in his message here.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Up until this post, I seriously considered cudzu to be unisex. It’s a natural bow, perfectly designed for a ranger.

That my little pony short bow is perhaps suspect, but it shoots horses at people! If anet handed my ranger one, I would use it with pride just for it’s projectile effect. They could literally reskin it to say “Jermoe is a little girl”, so long as it shot horses it would be cool with me.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

There is nothing more manly than running around shooting flowers and unicorns whilst not giving a kitten what anyone else thinks.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4a/4a73d9e7b1774ae93caa865c9e2b91b6b1d45250e8728122e9787c5f1c496ec0.jpg

Male Legendary Bow?

dace.8019

A little off topic, but in history they think bowmen were actually often in melee range and had a vastly different archery technique than we illustrate in media today. There’s an awesome 5 minute video on YouTube showing the fluidness And expertise of that sort of style. I’ll try to find the link Though I’m on mobile.

Edit: this is it if you care to see. Lars Andersen: a new level of archery: http://youtu.be/BEG-ly9tQGk

Not really. There’s a lot of hyperbolic nonsense in that video and anyone with any kind of interest in archery will find flaw with almost everything purported in that video.

Lars sure is quick, but he isn’t accurate, has poor form, his gymnastics would get himself killed in actual combat and he’s a liability to everyone around him.

I’d go into more detail but in the interests of not derailing this super important thread any further I’ll just toss a link in that I agree mostly with.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Hmmm I wish there where more skins like those two, as right now we have so many dark, firey, and steel like weapons. I wish they had more light weapons like these two, and the other joke legendarys. I love them, i hope the new legendarys add some new ones like this.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Isn’t someone saying a person shouldnt be allowed to want a “manly” weapon, just as ignorant as someone saying an individual shouldn’t be allowed to want a “girly” weapon? Flowers and unicorns, are traditionally feminin, they are delicate, and soft ( except maybe the horn) MMORPGs are about stereotypes Ugly is bad, Pretty is good, Monsters vs Knights. Don’t tell me I need to be asexual. Women can be tough, hardcore and brutish fine. and men can be softspoken and gentle. But if I want a bow that shoots screaming flaming bloody skulls, instead of flowers. don’t tell me I’m a homophobe.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Aren’t you boys just adorable with your gender issues.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Male Legendary Bow?

dace.8019

Sorry I offended you.

You didn’t.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I remember when G. I. Joe came out, back in … well, a long time ago. The originals were 12" tall and were remarkably like Ken and Barbie, except they had uniforms and weapons. Despite Hasbro’s avoidance of the term “doll,” that exact comparison was made. According to the conventional wisdom of the times, boys would not play with dolls. We all know how that turned out.

As to the OP’s request, I find it to be a legitimate request but couched in the light of his personal predilections. He might have been better served to just ask for something using descriptive adjectives like, dark or brooding, rather than alluding to the existing artwork as for females only. Couching the issue in the way that he did does not really tell ANet what he thinks a “manly” bow should look like.

Then again, his thread might not have been so widely read, or gotten all the free bumps.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m disappointed.

I thought OP was going to ask for a Legendary bow with Legendary male parts on it.

(Sadly leaves thread).

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Clearly, OP needs a manly man’s bow with Chuck Norris’s face, a scope, and many, many phallic symbols on it.

Srsly, though, OP. It’s cool to not like that shortbow (I don’t care for it) or that longbow, but there’s no need to be that silly.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Way to turn inconsequential comment that derived in statement that focused more on stylization into a full blown gender issue……..This is why we can’t have nice things.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Way to turn inconsequential comment that derived in statement that focused more on stylization into a full blown gender issue……..This is why we can’t have nice things.

This is why people need to be more self aware. Context is important. The OP got legitimate answers to his question about whether or not other legendary bow styles are available and people responded to the tone of his question.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’m disappointed.

I thought OP was going to ask for a Legendary bow with Legendary male parts on it.

(Sadly leaves thread).

There’s a solution! Just strap a set of truck nuts on the legendary bows.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Clearly, OP needs a manly man’s bow with Chuck Norris’s face, a scope, and many, many phallic symbols on it.

Srsly, though, OP. It’s cool to not like that shortbow (I don’t care for it), but there’s no need to be that silly.

Don’t forget, if it’s manly, it has to shoot pen** arrows. Or maybe arrows shaped like swimmers. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Oofta.8036

Oofta.8036

It’s funny watching everyone trip over themselves to flaunt their political correctness. I’m a man and I have nothing against the rainbows, or the unicorns, or what have you. I do however agree with the OP. Not placing blame or making excuses be it a societal thing or a time period from which one is raised.

I have refrained from getting a Longbow Legendary because it just doesn’t seem to strike fear in my enemy or anyone else unless “killing them with kindness” becomes a grandmaster trait.

But by all means carry on with the over abundance of being “politically correct” not wishing to offend anyone and be sure to make people feel like kitten if they come close to not feeling the same way.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m a dude and I’m sitting here in my sweet unicorn hat and just laughing so hard right now.

method of acquisition, pls ;D

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Godkitten right

Male Legendary Bow?

timmyf.1490

method of acquisition, pls ;D

It’s for my guild. It’s custom embroidery and I had 15 of them made. So… you have to be in my guild and favored enough that I ship you one. :-)

Pic attached for fun.

Attachments: