Male Legendary Bow?

Male Legendary Bow?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

You should see the shortbow…

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m a dude and I’m sitting here in my sweet unicorn hat and just laughing so hard right now.

method of acquisition, pls ;D

It’s for my guild. It’s custom embroidery and I had 15 of them made. So… you have to be in my guild and favored enough that I ship you one. :-)

Pic attached for fun.

That is faaaaabulous.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m a dude and I’m sitting here in my sweet unicorn hat and just laughing so hard right now.

It’s for my guild. It’s custom embroidery and I had 15 of them made. So… you have to be in my guild and favored enough that I ship you one. :-)

Pic attached for fun.

HA! First I thought your post was a weak trolling, now I see it was pure win, congratulations

About the OP post, yeah I think the issue was the maturity and not the sexism of the content.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

To be honest, I play a fabulous character and cannot stomach the unicorn bow either. It’s not feminine . . . just tacky.

Gone to Reddit.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well, to be fair, I am a boy and I like flowers and unicorns, so it’s more a about your style and opinion

Same here. I wish less weapons were so default “add tons of thorns and sparks and fire glowies”. Give me more varied designs please, I want to have some options!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

To be honest, I play a fabulous character and cannot stomach the unicorn bow either. It’s not feminine . . . just tacky.

For the actual bow design, it’s rather pretty.

But the moment it makes a noise, I want to stab people in the face. :\ That’s not healthy.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

I always love to take this opportunity to point out that for a long time, pink was considered a manly color, and unicorns were a symbol of virility, among other things. This is the sort of “knowledge” you can get from Wikipedia and random Facebook shares these days, but it’s easy to confirm with only light research, and it’s always fun to trot out in these discussions.

That said, The Dreamer is pretty obviously intended as an over-the-top joke weapon and, while I think it looks bad-kitten (I’m a dude, by the way) I definitely agree that we need legendaries to stop being joke weapons. People complain a lot about the dreamer, but I think Quip’s one of the worst offenders. As an engineer who doesn’t really care for rifles, it leaves my only option for a legendary as a squeaky confetti gun until HoT drops.

Edit: I love the utter appropriateness of the language filter turning my descriptive phrase of The Dreamer to “bad-KITTEN”. That seriously cracked me up. :P

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

I’m sitting here grinning from ear to ear because someone actually brought “political correctness” into this^^ I have yet to understand how it is “politically correct” to find it silly that things are considered inherently manly or girly in the first place

And for the gentlefolk disappointed that this wasn’t a thread about a literal masculine bow… well, if you have Skyrim for PC, there’s a mod for that Yes, I googled it. Yes, there are “exploding male sexual organ arrows”. I don’t even…
Modders, man. Modders.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Lets see:

Kudzu is a female character.

When paired with a male PC you have a male/female pair.

It’s kind of like a navy ship full of men. The ship is often referred to as “her” or “she.”

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Shooting rainbows and unicorns is about as masculine as it gets.

If you cannot handle it, then hand over your man card.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Pic attached for fun.

Ah. Well that’s fun

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

This is a good spot for one of my favorite quotes:

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” – C. S. Lewis

Substitute masculinity where appropriate.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Define “Male Bow”.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Maturity is a wonderful thing. The passive version will just sit back and regulate your actions and thoughts, all the while evolving as you experience life; the active version can be turned on and off.

Pic attached for fun.

The one in the front looks girly!

Oh, and as for the bow. Its not for me either. I’m quite a silly person but I like a bit of seriousness in my fantasy. Now, if someone gave me one…

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

And how. Mmm hmm.

Gone to Reddit.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

“When I was ten, I read masculine tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very masculine.”
-per Sariel V’s instructions~

Also “Substitute masculinity where appropriate” has some naughty undertones. Tsk tsk.

…I’ll behave at some point, I promise.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Was going to make legendary bows, but flower bows, rainbows and unicorns really belong in the My Little Pony show. (Unless you are a http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Broney. ) But each to their own if they like that kind of stuff.

Hopefully , some new bows will show up.

Male Legendary Bow?

RoseofGilead.8907

I wasn’t aware that My Little Pony was the origin of the unicorn, rainbow, flowers, and dryads. I feel like my life has been a lie.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I’d recommend changing the title of the thread to legendary bows for boys, as there’s nothing nonmale about the current bows.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Kudzu would be cool if it had some unique bowstring to match the weapon like a golden vine or something. It just looks unfinished in its current form otherwise I woulda made one a long time ago.

My gripe is the same for the Zenith bow skins, the bowstrings just don’t look right.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

It seems a perfectly manly bow to me. What exactly do you want?

• The stave made from a mighty (and possibly phallic) oak tree, carved into the shape of two muscular arms that flex when the string is drawn
  • Finished, not with polish, but motor oil
  • The string spun from woven moustache and chest hair
  • Uses steaks (the ones made of cow, not wood) as ammo
  • Grunts and roars instead of making more traditional, bow-like noises
  • Has the faint aroma of old spice

Seriously, what do you want? That’s a manly bow right there, but it seems like a pretty bad idea to me.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

the amount of trolls here are crazy lol

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

It seems a perfectly manly bow to me. What exactly do you want?

• The stave made from a mighty (and possibly phallic) oak tree, carved into the shape of two muscular arms that flex when the string is drawn
  • Finished, not with polish, but motor oil
  • The string spun from woven moustache and chest hair
  • Uses steaks (the ones made of cow, not wood) as ammo
  • Grunts and roars instead of making more traditional, bow-like noises
  • Has the faint aroma of old spice

Seriously, what do you want? That’s a manly bow right there, but it seems like a pretty bad idea to me.

Pff! Bad idea?

+1. Anet, implement this please.

Would the footfalls be tyre-spin marks or something?

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: moonglum.1429

moonglum.1429

First and foremost, I would like to personally thank the game developers for this outstanding pop culture reference. What pop culture reference could the legendary short bow be referring to, why The Muppet Movie and the Oscar nominated song The Rainbow Connection. Just like the song says, “Someday we’ll find it the rainbow connection the lovers, the dreamers, and me”.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

Actually I think this thread is full of nice things. It’s kicked up a lot of vocal opposition to the idea of traditionally gendered imagery, which shows that our vocal playerbase is also quite progressive.

That said, I’m looking forward to new legendaries with different-themed skins. The Moot is just not quite my thing.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Rainbows and unicorns are girlish, that’s a fact. You can’t deny it. Most boys and males are not feminine. Just because some boys think the bow’s pretty, doesn’t suddenly make it manly.

You should honor the majority, instead of trying to be progressive and stuff. 95% of the community are normal males.

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

Male Legendary Bow?

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Rainbows and unicorns are girlish, that’s a fact. You can’t deny it.

That’s a lie.

Attachments:

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Rainbows and unicorns are girlish, that’s a fact. You can’t deny it.

I can, and do. Rainbows and unicorns are rainbows and unicorns. They have nothing to do with gender.

Unless you can demonstrate some connection beyond “that’s a fact”?

Oh. And define a “normal male” while you’re at it. In full detail, please. I’d like to know everything about him.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Rainbows and unicorns are girlish, that’s a fact. You can’t deny it. Most boys and males are not feminine. Just because some boys think the bow’s pretty, doesn’t suddenly make it manly.

You should honor the majority, instead of trying to be progressive and stuff. 95% of the community are normal males.

I dunno. I think they should honor whoever they like. And make weapons that interest them and make them happy.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Male Legendary Bow?

Red Queen.7915

Gotta love those crazy figures without any reliable sources but “Iiiiii am a maaaan, a manly man, and so should you be, except for the occasional woman I can ask for nudes!!!!”

Also, what Olvendred said^^

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m confused, so confused I had to come back to the thread. :O

Rainbows are the effects of light passing thru water droplets held in the atmosphere. Physics you know. When did that become girlish? Or are you saying that appreciation of natural beauty is something only girls do?

Male Legendary Bow?

Lunarhound.7324

I’m confused, so confused I had to come back to the thread. :O

Rainbows are the effects of light passing thru water droplets held in the atmosphere. Physics you know. When did that become girlish? Or are you saying that appreciation of natural beauty is something only girls do?

Yes. That sentence has the word “beauty” in it. “Beauty” is girly. You didn’t know that?

As for the rest… hoo, boy. We should “honor the majority”, huh? I’ll have to remember that line, next time I want a convenient way to get punched in the face by strangers. I won’t even bother commenting on your apparent ignorance of what the word “fact” means.

I’d also love to know where you got the idea that “95% of the community are normal males”. NORMAL males. As in, the nearly ALL of the population of an internationally best-selling online game are, not just males, but a very specific type of male, with very specific likes and dislikes, that one person has designated to be “normal”. Someone has a rather skewed vision of reality.

98% of people who whip out statistics in internet discussions are simply pulling an arbitrary number out of nowhere, in order to lend imaginary weight to an opinion.

(edited by Lunarhound.7324)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I don’t know what you are talking about, this guy looks pretty manly with the dreamer.

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

There is a place in Yosemite national park called Waterwheel falls. Its a waterfall where a jut of stone in the center is formed just right to cause water to be flipped back (like an overly curved ramp) to form a vertical continuous ring of water. A wheel of water if you will. The mist created by this spin fills the center of the wheel and at certain times of day during certain times of year will catch the sunlight just right to create a rainbow contained within the waterwheel.

My father, uncles, and I packed our way into waterwheel falls every year. Eating dessicated animal tissue, defecating in fhe woods, building camp fires the old fashioned way (matches), carrying (seemingly) half a ton of stuff on our backs, not bathing, all sorts of “manly” stuff…

To see a rainbow.

If there had been a unicorn there too we would probably have made the trip more offen.

Male Legendary Bow?

Lunarhound.7324

There is a place in Yosemite national park called Waterwheel falls. Its a waterfall where a jut of stone in the center is formed just right to cause water to be flipped back (like an overly curved ramp) to form a vertical continuous ring of water. A wheel of water if you will. The mist created by this spin fills the center of the wheel and at certain times of day during certain times of year will catch the sunlight just right to create a rainbow contained within the waterwheel.

My father, uncles, and I packed our way into waterwheel falls every year. Eating dessicated animal tissue, defecating in fhe woods, building camp fires the old fashioned way (matches), carrying (seemingly) half a ton of stuff on our backs, not bathing, all sorts of “manly” stuff…

To see a rainbow.

If there had been a unicorn there too we would probably have made the trip more offen.

Yes, but you counteracted the girliness of the rainbow with the manliness of starting fires, carrying heavy things, being stinky, devouring the flesh of the dead, and pooping it all over the woods.

Assuming you started at 100% manliness (I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt, here), and the rainbow gave you -70% (I’m erring on the side of potency and estimating the ‘ring’ you describe to possess a value roughly equivalent to a double rainbow all the way across the sky), each of the activities you mentioned would be easily worth at least +10%. That leaves you with 80% manliness after the rainbow’s feminine influence, and even if you wiped after the pooping (hygiene is girly, and would be -5% to manliness), that still leaves you about 75% manly, which is enough to declare yourself masculine in any court of law. And that’s not even taking into account your mention of other possible manly activities that you didn’t list.

So, that’s why the rainbow didn’t have too much of an impact. Science!

Edit: I adjusted my calculations for the sake of accuracy. Gotta get this stuff right.

(edited by Lunarhound.7324)

Male Legendary Bow?

Astral Projections.7320

To see a rainbow.

Yes, but you counteracted the girliness of the rainbow with the manliness of starting fires, carrying heavy things, being stinky, devouring the flesh of the dead, and pooping it all over the woods.

Assuming you started at 100% manliness (I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt, here), and the rainbow gave you -70% (I’m erring on the side of potency and estimating the ‘ring’ you describe to possess a value roughly equivalent to a double rainbow all the way across the sky), each of the activities you mentioned would be easily worth at least +10%. That leaves you with 80% manliness after the rainbow’s feminine influence, and even if you wiped after the pooping (hygiene is girly, and would be -5% to manliness), that still leaves you about 75% manly, which is enough to declare yourself masculine in any court of law. And that’s not even taking into account your mention of other possible manly activities that you didn’t list.

Edit: I adjusted my calculations for the sake of accuracy. Gotta get this stuff right.

Wow. Your math is way off.

Any guy who admits to doing more than glancing at a rainbow and grunting takes an immediate manly hit. Any guy who admits to deliberately going somewhere to look at any rainbow gets an immediate -100 manly hit. He gets manly upgrades for the activities he mentioned in pursuit of the rainbow watching, but not enough to bring him up to the 95% manly statistics. What they need to have done is take beer, drink it and then have contests over who could get the most empty beer cans chunked through the rainbow ring and then left to rust in the water.

Real men who are real men admire such things.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Rainbows used to be seen as bridges to the heavens, a link between the Gods and our world. That’s literally awesome, rainbows were awe inspiring phenomenon of natural beauty. So much that people connected them with Gods. They used to be thought to lead people to magnificent treasures.

Now thanks to the pride movement, rainbows are connected with homosexuality and being effeminate, and not everyone wants to be considered either of those two things.

Go figure.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Male Legendary Bow?

Lunarhound.7324

Oh yeah? Well, 92% of mirthematicians agree with at least 86% of the methods I use for calculating gender appropriateness.

Male Legendary Bow?

Ashen.2907

mirthematicians

You are officially awesome for that.

Male Legendary Bow?

Astral Projections.7320

Oh yeah? Well, 92% of mirthematicians agree with at least 86% of the methods I use for calculating gender appropriateness.

A hit, a veritable hit! Reeling back, I stagger away to bind my wounded numbers in the safety of my man cave.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: jovian.2805

jovian.2805

this topic is hilarious. the dreamer is probably my favorite weapon in the game. if you can’t tolerate some rainbows and flowers here and there, grow up, seriously. it must be sad to be so closeminded as to be personally offended by an item’s existence because it hurts some man-feelings, or something.

teachers live in schools, garbage men live in garbage, and firemen live in fire.

Male Legendary Bow?

Ashen.2907

this topic is hilarious. the dreamer is probably my favorite weapon in the game. if you can’t tolerate some rainbows and flowers here and there, grow up, seriously. it must be sad to be so closeminded as to be personally offended by an item’s existence because it hurts some man-feelings, or something.

To be fair it is quite possible to be grown up, to like rainbows and unicorns, and seriously dislike the bow legendaries for their use of those elements.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

well manly and bow …..
how bout this?

http://rambomania.proboards.com/thread/227

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

Male Legendary Bow?

Red Queen.7915

To be fair it is quite possible to be grown up, to like rainbows and unicorns, and seriously dislike the bow legendaries for their use of those elements.

I suppose it’s the implication that liking rainbows and unicorns makes you inherently unmanly for some reason that cracks people up^^
I don’t particularly like the Dreamer, either, but that’s a matter of personal taste, not a question of girly vs. manly. I have Kudzu, after all. But a bow shaped like a horse shooting unicorns just… let’s say it doesn’t work for me, whereas by the OP’s definition, it should because I have lady parts. Yay logic

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Or be grown up and not care for rainbows, unicorns, death scenes, creepy crawlies, blood, flowers, etc….etc….

Just b/c one is a grown man it doesn’t mean they need to like tutus, fairies, tiaras, etc… to be mature. Just b/c one is a grown woman doesn’t mean they need to like blood and guts, explosions, spiders, guns, etc… to be mature.

We are all different, accepting that is more a sign of maturity to me than a guy liking pink or a gal with a skull tatoo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Male Legendary Bow?

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m hoping April Fool’s this year gives every character a unicorn horn sticking out of our foreheads and a rainbow pony tail attached to our rear ends.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

There’s a bunch of people in this thread with the same strongly dogmatic opinion, but none with a single argument to back it up. Strange, isn’t it?

I’m not a fan of most Legendary skins. If you want the stats and don’t like the looks, use a Transmutation Charge. It’s as simple as that.

Male Legendary Bow?

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i am unable to process the fact this thread really exists.
i literally don’t even…

ps: check my manliness, i have chest hair on my eyeballs!

Attachments:

Male Legendary Bow?

RoseofGilead.8907

i literally don’t even…

You, sir, are a god.

Male Legendary Bow?

Naus the Gobbo.5172

i literally don’t even…

I must share with you my personal norn. He is not nearly as manly as yours, but he is getting there.

Attachments: