Male medium armor - the coat...or the coat?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jaif.3518

jaif.3518

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but is there any way we can get a bit of variety for the male armor. More military looking stuff – like the Ascalon dungeon armor? Maybe something like Byzantine armor, or Arabian, or Persian? It doesn’t need to be head-to-toe armor, just some metal in strategic spots, and leather/cloth in other areas.

And more tunics? Less coats? :-)

-Jeff

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I agree! Also have no idea what the legendary medium is going to look like. I think the Mediterranean and middle eastern themes would be so cool.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

People been begging for non-coats for years. Good thing they added the /sad emote instead though so I can express my feelz about it in-game.

I agree! Also have no idea what the legendary medium is going to look like. I think the Mediterranean and middle eastern themes would be so cool.

It’s a coat just like all the others because the precursor is.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Picture of the precursor Medium Envoy armor. Since precursors resemble the final item I think we can use it to judge the likelihood of a long coat on the Legendary.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

please more skin tight options for male medium armor!

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Legendary medium armor will be a trenchcoat 100%. This is why i stoppped to play raids. I don’t even want to look at it.

I don’t think we will see normal armor skins until they hire korean designers from NCsoft.

P.S. Welcome to GW2 jaif. The game where 99% of medium armor skins look ugly.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

The choices were so bad that I actually swapped my main character’s sex for new fashion options, and that still only added a painfully small number of notcoats.

Posted by: Gaesesagai.9421

Gaesesagai.9421

For male chars I would like more revealing/sexy armors/outfits. GW2 started out well, but it seems to me lately they are going in same direction as most other game developers which is sad.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Picture of the precursor Medium Envoy armor. Since precursors resemble the final item I think we can use it to judge the likelihood of a long coat on the Legendary.

3/10.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

coso.9173

For male chars I would like more revealing/sexy armors/outfits. GW2 started out well, but it seems to me lately they are going in same direction as most other game developers which is sad.

absolutely, female armor, bikini armor and male armor armored refrigerator

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Triumphant remain the only decent medium chest piece in the entire game. Which is kind of sad.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I would really like to know why Anet would make something like Legendary armor exactly what we have been saying we don’t want any more of. Wow.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

Oh that’s a disappointment, I really had high hopes that the this set would be something unique. Small part of me still believes it won’t be a trench coat. We only have 3 options of non-trench coat related armors and one of those isn’t even available (hero triumphant). Running a combination of triumphant and glorious right now.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I would really like to know why Anet would make something like Legendary armor exactly what we have been saying we don’t want any more of. Wow.

Looking at that pic again, having some kind of tube around the waist is not a good look…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

coso.9173

arenanet: :^)
playerbase: we dont want more coats for medium armor!
arenanet: :^)
arenanet makes a new coat medium armor

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

We need tactical medium armor for male human characters to be honest. We also need realistic weapon skins.

-Katana folded one million times that can cut through steel
-Mossberg 500 “rifle” skin
-Tikka T3
-S&W M&P Shield shield skin
-full CADPAT outfit
-DCU medium armor skins
-realistic hunter camo