Male muscle norn + twilight = broken

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

I compared the female to large muscle male norn race and while the twilight aura is already a lot weaker than other legendary weapons, the muscle male norns have only a head sized aura.

Attachments:

Johnathan Ralston.5871

$450 on gems over the past 22 days and $345 only from today. I bought $15 more after this screenshot.

I will post a video on youtube about buying it the right way, with gems not various sites.

I had the gift of mastery, the clovers, gift of metal, 29 lodestones & 54 ecto before I did this, so i bought the rest with 26950 gems.

bought exactly 36,000 gems / $450 this month

(edited by Johnathan Ralston.5871)

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I don’t get it. Why are you showing off how much dough you blew on gems? I thought this was about twilight and its aura.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Less gems better graphics please.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

Same goes for large Charr. The aura isn’t as significant compared to smaller races.

Also, no offense but I find it odd how you spend that much money on gems when your PC seems outdated.

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Cause that is just how I am.

Quarktastic.1027

Have you tried, you know, not being how you are?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Niko Stark.8932

Have you tried, you know, not being how you are?

Leave the man and his Toaster alone lol.

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Congratz on your legendary. You must be really proud of all the hard work you put into buying those gems.

Niko Stark.8932

Congratz on your legendary. You must be really proud of all the hard work you put into buying those gems.

The best way to grind for gold is to get a part-time job at McDonalds and convert your weekly paycheck into gems. =D

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Hey guys, I just spent $1000 on gems. Check out my new axe skin.

Attachments:

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Quarktastic.1027

Sick axe bro. But what are you playing on, a potato?

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

That’s all he could afford after blowing that much money on in-game currency. Priorities man, priorities.

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

So wait, this is basically a “Look at me the great wallet warrior” thread? Am I missing something here?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Judging from the graphics, it’s probably the latest P-Tato 930XGT XTreme (Xtreme with an X – that’s how XTreme it is)

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Oh my, OP! You seem to be in possession of more gems than is absolutely necessary. At the first available opportunity, I advise sending at least half to me!

I promise I’m a good cause!

Also, Ctrl+Shift+H is your screenshot friend. ,)

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Thumbs up for u man. Spending money on something u love and makes u happy nothing wrong with that. I would do the same if I have the money.

vvuevv

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Jesus christ those settings.

I honestly don’t get how people can stand playing the game that low.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

If you work for say, 16-24 hours to get that 350$ And have notice else to spend it on, more power to you (I do this sort of, except I buy lots of things instead of a single legendary)

But the biggest thing about your screens is I’m attempting not to spoil your personal story for you.

RIP Tonn!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

What’s exactly that you guys find so less epic in buying gems to get gold, instead of grinding whatever new grind next patch brings/dungeons/meta event/whatever to get the gold to buy everything?
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t approve this, there is a reason if I find totally meaningless-useless-totally not legendary to craft a legendary weapon in this game.
It either shows you have money to waste or time to waste, not that you have any kind of skill, most of all, now that buying dungeons paths is so mainsteam (Not to mention they are so common that basic(white) weapons looks more rare :P)

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

That was such a blast from the past game, I think the WiiU has a bundle version I have been thinking of getting.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

You can afford to blow that much cash on a pixel sword but not to upgrade your computer so the game wouldn’t look like absolute sh*t?

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

This got blown way out of proportion, but i am also having the same problem with twilight on a male norn. No aura. There is an older post then this relaying the same problem, but Anet has yet to fix it, if they even consider this a problem.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I compared the female to large muscle male norn race and while the twilight aura is already a lot weaker than other legendary weapons, the muscle male norns have only a head sized aura.

That is your problem, you are OP with the Quaggan backpack.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

plot twist: all gems made with flipping dyes (ok, I admit I’m bad at plot twists)

but seriously, have you tried upping the graphics to test this? particle effects like those from legendary weapons do get dumbed down a lot for weaker cards (my bolt looks pretty bad when I play with my zerg settings – which are still a lot better than your screenshot, despite only having a midrange card).

Posted by: VIK.6205

VIK.6205

I am on best performance and still cant see the aura on a male Norn, but can see it on a male human. Put it on best appearance, still can’t see the aura on a male Norn, but can still see it on a human/asura/sylvari etc.

(edited by VIK.6205)

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

I think the op made this topic to show us he have 26k gems?

Ahh and op you are not allowed to post screenshots with names.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

ITT everyones mad

a good chunk of legendaries are from gold buyers, dont delude yourself into thinking they arent, or that a legendary bought with gold is any less then one from spending 1000 of hours of grinding.

Anet made legendaries BoE just so ppl would spend money on their cash shop. Why do you think asneded in account bound, because they make more money on gems and crafting boosters that way.

Johnathan Ralston.5871

exactly and if someone makes $15 per hour then that is 79g already

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Buy a new computer with that money, geez.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Oh, man. I hope that you’re not posting all those gems hoping that ANET will see this thread and think something along the lines of “Oh wow, this gives us a lot of money; let’s please him”, because that won’t happen.

That said, that’s a nice bunch of gems.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Spending real life cash on pixels in any game is pretty stupid. Not gonna sugar coat it or say “if it makes you happy…”. It’s just flat out stupid. As others have said, you really need to invest in something other than that Commodore 64 your playing on so after a year or 2 when GW2 gets stale and the new “better” MMO comes out, you can actually play it. At the moment looking at those screenshots, it’s about the same as being 70% blind but buying a hi-def tv. What’s the point when you can’t even see good enough to enjoy it.

And honestly, you’re not impressing anyone since any kid can work at McDs and live in his moms basement and do the same thing. And you know Anet is laughing all the way to the bank…as well as praying that more people like the OP will play this game.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Buy a new computer with that money, geez.

hahahaha

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

cant see kitten on that picture.

i agree with farzo, you better shouldve spent that money an a new computer instead.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Spending real life cash on pixels in any game is pretty stupid. Not gonna sugar coat it or say “if it makes you happy…”. It’s just flat out stupid. As others have said, you really need to invest in something other than that Commodore 64 your playing on so after a year or 2 when GW2 gets stale and the new “better” MMO comes out, you can actually play it. At the moment looking at those screenshots, it’s about the same as being 70% blind but buying a hi-def tv. What’s the point when you can’t even see good enough to enjoy it.

And honestly, you’re not impressing anyone since any kid can work at McDs and live in his moms basement and do the same thing. And you know Anet is laughing all the way to the bank…as well as praying that more people like the OP will play this game.

Spending money on pixels or spending hours of your life on pixels… is there really a difference?

But in my opinion virtual items (“pixels”) are no less “real” than anything physical you can buy. None if it will do you any good once you’re dead anyways, so whatever brings you joy in the meantime is the only worthwhile measuring stick for something’s value. Plus the dude’s keeping the game profitable and free for everyone else, so I don’t see a problem, unless he is blowing money that he should be using on basic expenses like rent/food/transportation.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

I did the math in another thread, Lets say you never get a precursor drop (pretty likely you wont.

1.) Apply for minimum wage job
2.) Work until you get a pay check (2 weeks / 80 hours)
3.) Collect your ~650 dollars and quit
4.) Buy 650 dollars worth of gems (80,000)
5.) Exchange 80,000 gems for 5200 gold
6.) Buy a legendary or two after two weeks of farming

EZ ~50 gold per hour, 10x the rate of regular play 5x the rate of poopsock grinding. And probably much more fun.

So whats really pathetic? Grinding or spending real money?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Spending money on pixels or spending hours of your life on pixels… is there really a difference?

But in my opinion virtual items (“pixels”) are no less “real” than anything physical you can buy. None if it will do you any good once you’re dead anyways, so whatever brings you joy in the meantime is the only worthwhile measuring stick for something’s value. Plus the dude’s keeping the game profitable and free for everyone else, so I don’t see a problem, unless he is blowing money that he should be using on basic expenses like rent/food/transportation.

He is much smarter than those who bore themselves doing tedious tasks in-game they dislike for gold.

Unless a player is a very experienced flipper or investor, it is much better time management to do boring overtime (even on a minimum wage job) and buy gems than to do boring, menial in game tasks that the person doesn’t enjoy either. Of course, the exception is if you find an in-game money making method fun (i.e. I personally take great pleasure in running dungeons).

But yeah, OP really should have upgraded his PC with that money instead – but perhaps he is on a laptop while visiting family or something akin, and he has an absolute monster at home running 4x GeForce GTX TITAN Z.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’m confused. And the amount you spent on gems could of bought you a better PC so you wouldn’t have graphics that low anymore. o.o The female twilight looks like a large black smudge on those settings.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if anything i ll blame OP’s bad particle effects on his weak PC rather than the game itself

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Anet/NCSoft must absolutely love you.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

While i dont understand the point of the OP’s pics, i also dont understand why you might ridicule someone who is (probably!) working for good money…using his time to earn real cash and using it for a game they obviously seem to enjoy. You jelly or what? There is nothing legendary about legendaries. Either you have no social life and farm 24/7 or you work in real life and buy the things you want. Get over your self rightous selves.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

What armor is on that female char? I searched the wiki and can’t find it!!11!!

Posted by: Domination.4856

Domination.4856

Can spend $400 on a virtual skin, but can’t spend $150 to get a decent card. Logic.

Posted by: MAD CAT.9321

MAD CAT.9321

lol @ this thread

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

I think it’s a fake screenshot. :P

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

So, why you didn’t take that money and bought yourself a computer that is not a toaster?

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

OMG!!! WHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Golden Axe for the win!!!

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for the low low price of 300 Beetletun Seals, a much nicer Golden Axe could have been yours.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Well still believe it is stupid regardless. For me, getting a legendary wasn’t really work anyways since I just “played” the game. As for spending the cash on pixels, they aren’t tangible. You cant pick them up and carry them or show them to friends unless you use something else to show them ie a computer. I consider stuff like cars, home theater equipment, houses, gold, silver, guns etc as a tangible assest, not pixels on a computer game which will be obsolete in about 3 years. As for me, I spend my cash on my house, car, PS4, Xbox, PC and home entertainment system. Just wouldn’t consider blowing real cash on something you can earn in a game with some work and time.

Of course that brings up the whole issue of legendaries even being able to be sold which I am against to begin with since I come from old school MMOs where you earned your endgear through work in game, not a credit card but that’s a whole different issue.

As for me being jealous, no not at all. I could do the same if I wanted but I would rather not get laughed at by my friends and peers. I mean it’s one thing to show my buddies my new PS4, Xbox one or super PC but if I printed out a screenshot and showed them a Twilight that I spent $400 real cash on, they would laugh their kitten off and I would never live that one down. Not to mention the strange look my family would give me if they found out too.

But as others have said, you really should upgrade your computer unless you only plan on playing GW2 for the rest of your life.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)