Map Completetion

Map Completetion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Hi there,

Apologies if this is answered else, but I am stuck in WvW at 99.9999%

How often do the Eternal BG starting positions rotate? Ive been checking for a bout 3 weeks and we haven’t moved. All I need is about 3 towers in the left corner….

Have they changed anything so we not longer move? or is it a monthly thing?

Cheers.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Map Completetion

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I think it’s random what color your server will be next round…or it has to do with score/rank…no clue…
All I know is that I was waiting for 4 weeks to complete map (only due to WvW) waiting to be red…missing only ONE point of Interest in the red borderland in Cliffside keep. Color switched this way: Blue, green, blue, green. If yesterday a zerg wouldn’t have been so awesome to finally decide to give a shot to Cliffside, I would STILL be missing that.
That’s why I will ALWAYS complain about WvW maps for map completion.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Map Completetion

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I downloaded an app on my phone so I could watch when we owned what I needed. Took me four days to finish WvW mapping. That saved me tons of time not having to take space in EB when someone who likes WvW could be there. Selfish I know but I’d ratherb e selfish then hate what I was doing.

Map Completetion

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I downloaded an app on my phone so I could watch when we owned what I needed. Took me four days to finish WvW mapping. That saved me tons of time not having to take space in EB when someone who likes WvW could be there. Selfish I know but I’d ratherb e selfish then hate what I was doing.

I logged in the borderland as soon as a friend notified me that the point was taken. By the time I ran from my home WP (The only one in the map, how fair) to half-way to Cliffs, it was red again.
I had no hope to break in in my own. At some point, I simply ran there, and stayed behind it, for hours, until someone would go to capture it.
This mechanic was meant to get people to try WvW. After this experience I feel sick of Wvw and will NEVER, EVER set a foot in there again. I hate it for the anger it caused me and I won’t be giving it a chance.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Map Completetion

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

I think it’s random what color your server will be next round…or it has to do with score/rank…no clue…
All I know is that I was waiting for 4 weeks to complete map (only due to WvW) waiting to be red…missing only ONE point of Interest in the red borderland in Cliffside keep. Color switched this way: Blue, green, blue, green. If yesterday a zerg wouldn’t have been so awesome to finally decide to give a shot to Cliffside, I would STILL be missing that.

Aarrr, that’s no fun.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Map Completetion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If your server is winning, be proactive. Pop in several times a day. If nothing you don’t have is open or is not safe enough for you to run to, leave. This goes for all maps. Your BL, enemy BL’s, and EB. If you see your side has SMC and you don’t have it. Get into WvW immediately and hope it’s still yours when you get there.

If your server is losing (ie: not winning), then focus on your BL and EB. You’ll be more likely to have most of your BL and 1/3 of EB. If your server has SMC, get there ASAP and hope it’s when your server has coverage enough to keep it until you get there and get it.

I so totally get the waiting for Green Towers to flip. My LAST POI and Vista were in Jerrifer’s Slough or whatever it’s called. Took AGES of popping in every time I thought about it but I finally got it. Had to run behind an enemy ranger to do it, but he didn’t notice me. He was too busy killing a veteran archer and I wasn’t going to let anyone or anything stand between me and the POI and Vista inside of that tower.

Map Completetion

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Sucks that we have to PvP to get 100% for crying out loud you could at least switch the colors every week..

Map Completetion

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

I don’t mind that much WvW being needed for map completion (though if I had to vote it would be 100% no), but what bothers me is the rotation through colors is based on rank. That means there are a couple of ENTIRE SERVERS that simply cannot get map completion now. We’re simply never green. Ever. Period. Because we’re bottom of the heap.

Yes, we can hoarde a ton of gold and pay for a server transfer (and then back), but come on. Why should we have to do that just because people bailed on our server when transfers were free? MC is one of my absolute favorite parts of this game. I love mapping with alts. But when it comes to completion I feel like I’ve been given the finger. I feel like Anet couldn’t care less about my entire server because we don’t WvW enough. I find the whole arrangement ridiculously unfair, shortsighted, even cruel.

Map Completetion

Posted by: honeyjars.6590

honeyjars.6590

I downloaded an app on my phone so I could watch when we owned what I needed.

What app?

Map Completetion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s not random. The matchup algorithm takes server rankings, tweaks them a bit using a small amount of RNG to get tweaked rankings. Those new rankings determine the matchups and colors (highest tweaked ranking in each matchup gets green, next blue, next red).

The large ranking gaps between some servers combined with the small amount of RNG used makes it so that the probability of some servers moving up/down in the tweaked rankings (and thus changing their color) is very small.

That’s why some servers get the same colors week after week.

So why doesn’t Anet first tweak the matchups and then randomize colors separately? Too much effort (or maybe they just don’t care) I guess.

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Map Completetion

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I downloaded an app on my phone so I could watch when we owned what I needed.

What app?

Guild Wars 2 WvW Monitor on the Play Store for Android. At least, that’s what I have.

I’m personally fine with world completion being how it is, although it is/can be pretty kitten annoying when the colors don’t cycle. I finally got mine last night, since we were green at least- had needed 2 Vistas and a PoI in WvW for like 5-6 weeks. Really, if the colors cycled properly (and/or you could somehow get the needed stuff without having to go inside of the structures) it’d be much better.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Map Completetion

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Color hasn’t been tied to ranking for awhile from what I understand and it would make sense that before I transferred a couple days ago I was on anvil rock and we were green, and then we won that week, and we moved to red. So I’m pretty sure they aren’t based on rankings.

Map Completetion

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The colour off your server is random. the worlds in a match are chosen based on rank, recent playtime against eachother and rng. When that is determined, they use RNG to assign the colours. so yes it is luck.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Map Completetion

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The colour off your server is random. the worlds in a match are chosen based on rank, recent playtime against eachother and rng. When that is determined, they use RNG to assign the colours. so yes it is luck.

Completely false.

Map Completetion

Thinsett.3789

Gods, if only this were true. You might think it must be true, because it’s the only sane thing they could possibly decide to go with, but you would be wrong. Alas and alack.

Map Completetion

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Yep, it sucks. I can’t link a source, but I do believe they are changing it so WvW isn’t required for completion (not that knowing this helps your situation now).

You’re pretty much boned until you’re that colour/you have a tower while you’re already in WvW.

Failing that, if you have a commander buddy convince them to PvD a particular tower. I did that and it saved what would have been 4 weeks of waiting.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Map Completetion

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

I use to login during lunch time, and head into the map that was most controlled by our side. Actually completed mappage of WvW last week on my Ele in two days. I don’t think the enemies heart was in it that week.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Map Completetion

Thinsett.3789

I use to login during lunch time, and head into the map that was most controlled by our side. Actually completed mappage of WvW last week on my Ele in two days. I don’t think the enemies heart was in it that week.

That’s great, and pretty much what you do if your side eventually gets to be all colors. It’s how many of us are sitting at 99% w.c. But when you are literally never green, you’re not going to get, e.g., the vista in the green keep in the E.B., which is annoyingly difficult to do even if you have the luxury of being in that keep. (Full disclosure, my side was green at times a full year ago; the vista had me giving up, but then, I figured, we’ll be green again one day and I have only 26% complete now anyway, so I’ll come back when I’m better at jumping…. if only I knew then what I know now.)

Map Completetion

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Sucks that we have to PvP to get 100% for crying out loud you could at least switch the colors every week..

Technically WvW, and not really.
It forces players into WvW, long enough for them to get a feel for it and decide if they like it or not. Although perhaps a bit too long for those that don’t like it. I didn’t really mind, since WvW isn’t too bad for me at least.

Map Completetion

Thinsett.3789

Yeah, you don’t really have to get into WvW at all, really, to map it. You’re likely to get ganked once or twice roaming, and I’ve had (and won! with a ranger!) a few 1 on 1 encounters I wasn’t looking for, but were it me I would have required only stuff around the center of EB for map completion, and all three color zones should just mirror each other, so if you open up a point on one, it’s open for all. That forces you to explore your own color’s map a bit, and the heart of EB. But it’s doable even if your server blows. Hey, look at that: middle ground.

Map Completetion

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

The worst part about 100% map completion is that all you get is an item to make a legendary which I will probably never get a precursor in order to make, YAY!

Map Completetion

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I downloaded StoneMist on the iPhone app store. Set my server in and can see everything in all boarderlands and EB