Map Completion

Map Completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaiato.7346

Zaiato.7346

Do you still need WvW for map completion or do you just need the PvE map?

Map Completion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is just PvE maps.

Map Completion

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

PvE’ers complained that they had to go to WvW for map completion, so loud and so often, that Anet caved. Where’s the love for us WvW players who don’t want to PvE to unlock our elite specs with our Proof of Heroics?

And don’t give me that “play your toon to unlock it” junk. Did you do all the hearts in all the zones to level up your Revenant, or did you use Tomes of Knowledge? Same thing.

Map Completion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

PvE’ers complained that they had to go to WvW for map completion, so loud and so often, that Anet caved. Where’s the love for us WvW players who don’t want to PvE to unlock our elite specs with our Proof of Heroics?

And don’t give me that “play your toon to unlock it” junk. Did you do all the hearts in all the zones to level up your Revenant, or did you use Tomes of Knowledge? Same thing.

The tomes exist more because of PvP than PvE.

Edit: How is having people in WvW who do not really want to be there taking up a spot that could have been someone who actually wants to be there a good thing?

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Map Completion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think the main reason why they removed it was because they swapped out the WvW borderland maps and didn’t want to have to figure out a X or Y map in the calculations on whether they’ve fully completed the map. Especially if they aren’t going to regularly rotate any time in the near future.

Map Completion

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well we still have to go commune with the hero points on all our dif characters just like you have to play your dif chars to get prof of heroics same thing.

Only thing is you can get 4900 exp then switch claim a camp and boom prof chest. We cant run to the hero point on our fully maped char then switch and boom hero point on the char we want so not same thing.

Map Completion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This thread was asking if it’s still required to explore WvW maps for world map completion; that was answered (it’s not).

Please start a new thread about WvW rewards and/or progression if you want to discuss that. (Mind you: I agree with the sentiment; I just think that ANet will be more likely to pay attention if there’s a new post.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Map Completion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I thought they removed it because WvW players kept complaining if they suspected anyone on the map was there to get completion instead of joining the zerg.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”