Map Completion Complaints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Since people keep complaining about map comp in gw2 maybe Anet needs to make a mock map for some event maybe like a throw back event during the anniversary to show how it worked back in gw1 and how much better you have it in gw2.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

Posted by: Nekomages.5672

Nekomages.5672

Actually gw1 was pretty sweet…

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

No joke! Can’t say how many times I reran a mission just to scrape the edges of the map, just for the 0.01% .
Took me a long time to get the cartographer title, almost gave up on it.
I prefer the GW2 style of map completion, yes, yes I do.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

First map completion I did in GW2, I instinctively hugged every wall. I find myself still doing it out of habit on visiting a new area for the first time :’(

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

Yep, that’s how I got two titles. I caved in a used Textmod for the third after it was already about 92% done.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I used the following the last six times and I’ve probably done world completion around 14 times.

http://www.postcount.net/index.php?pageid=tdwindex

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No joke! Can’t say how many times I reran a mission just to scrape the edges of the map, just for the 0.01% .

I have no idea how people did it without Cartography Made Easy — even with that tool, small bits of the map were hellishly tempermental

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have no idea how people did it without Cartography Made Easy — even with that tool, small bits of the map were hellishly tempermental

I did it without any type of add on or mod for all of the expansions. I would simply go into a map, wipe everything out first to save time. Then scrape the outside edges and then look for any inner “islands” or mountains/rivers whatever and scraped all around those to make sure every inch was covered. I think I was lucky tho as I have OCD or something similar so I was extra thorough naturally and pretty much covered everything the first time through. I think only maybe 1 or 2 maps I had to ever redo to finally get the full 100%.

As noted by the OP, coming to GW2 what a huge relief and so much easier it is! Which is why I get a chuckle when I see people complain how hard/tedious world complete is here lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I always did the cartographer along with vanquisher by starting on the outside circling the map and then working my way onwards. Kind of a habit that I picked up when playing the older RPG games from the 90’s. It’s how I first started doing GW2 maps as well before I switched over to using the maps with routes.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

Wow, I’m seriously impressed. I think it definitely took me more than 3 scrapes ;p

I look back and wonder where the heck I got all that time from and what else I could have been doing. I did cartographer and vanquisher together, without using any helper tools. The last fraction of a percent took days and days of revisiting maps…

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I did it with the tool once. Just to see how much leeway there was. And I can tell, it was actually massive! In Tyria, I barely set foot in Grenth’s Footprint when I got the 100% done. I did have Dunes of Despair completely and The Frost Gate also the extra area in the back. But I never expected you could almost skip an entire map after that!

(funny fact, I was doing it on my necromancer, he really didn’t want to follow Grenth’s Footprints!)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I did factions and nightfall with out the texmod. But tyria. Man it was hell. So I caved. But yeah mapping in GW2 is ez pz.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Even with txtmod mapping in GW1 took a considerable amount of more time than GW2 but as many said this isn’t the same game and it’s like apples/oranges, this is true but Anet still could have made mapping the same scrape scrape scrape. Looking hours for the .1% However they didn’t, in GW2 all you have to do is get somewhere near the fogged area to get it to count. And yet people still want it easier.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Even with txtmod mapping in GW1 took a considerable amount of more time than GW2 but as many said this isn’t the same game and it’s like apples/oranges, this is true but Anet still could have made mapping the same scrape scrape scrape. Looking hours for the .1% However they didn’t, in GW2 all you have to do is get somewhere near the fogged area to get it to count. And yet people still want it easier.

Actually, if you have a map at 100%, there can still be areas you haven’t unfogged. Sadly, you will not know, as the real achievement is account wide and if one character has been there, the rest doesn’t get a message. (think mini dungeons and JP’s)