Map Completion - WvW

Map Completion - WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I’m not the first person to ask for this…

Remove WvW maps from the Map Completion requirement

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get this done unless you’re willing to spend a month of WvW spamming and run with the zerg everywhere until you eventually have all the things you need.

If you try enter the map and explore ‘solo’ you will die, repeatedly from 1v15 fights of little roamer groups or get 1hit by a 100-man enemy zerg. Either way, impossible.

Also, everytime you finally enter the battle after queing for 60minutes, your team control nothing on the map and you get maybe ONE thing towards completion if you’re lucky. And that’s after dying repeatedly.

I think the time required for this is rediculous, and it should be removed from the completion requirement. There is NO need to have these stupid WvW maps in completion. Those of us who prefer PvE should NOT be forced into enduring hours of boring wiping in WvW just to explore a map that cannot be done solo.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Rumor has it that it is being removed from map completion in HoT.

Usually I just get a group of guildies and we go around the map for completion and doing things like the WvW jumping puzzles. One group is usually enough to fend most roamers off of you. Avoid zergs and it’s fine.

But if you’re going solo, yeah expect roamers to follow you and target you repeatedly. Thats what roamers do.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: animefreec.8307

animefreec.8307

I completely agree. This is ridiculous. If this is going to be a requirement at least even out the teams so it’s not 10 vs. 100! Unless you have a very good group and you’re going after everything , this is nearly impossible. Chances of getting this are 1 in 100 most of the time. Please remove it from world completion. It’s stupid to have pvp as part of a pve achievement.

Map Completion - WvW

heartless.6803

I completely agree. This is ridiculous. If this is going to be a requirement at least even out the teams so it’s not 10 vs. 100! Unless you have a very good group and you’re going after everything , this is nearly impossible. Chances of getting this are 1 in 100 most of the time. Please remove it from world completion. It’s stupid to have pvp as part of a pve achievement.

It’s not that hard really. Wait till team rotation and you can get them more reliably. Don’t go during big peak hours where people are competitively playing WvW. Rarely will you see such lopsided numbers like 10 vs. 100, you’ll see zergs yeah but your issue with map completion isn’t zergs it’s the roamers. Because roamers are targeting people like map completionists first. They’re easy targets. Get a small group and do it as a team. It’ll deter the roamers.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Yet another whine about actually having to put some genuine effort in to actually earn an achievement/title. People want everything to be easy mode these days and get upset when faced with something remotely challenging which may require grouping up in an MMO or having to use one’s brain and adapt to complete.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

There’s no reason to get rude about it. It is a PITA to get map completion in the Borderlands and EB. Spent 3 nites a week for 4 months to get 500 Badges of Honor, yet did not get map completion done. Even with my guild, it was get this camp, run here get this, yadda yadda. No one wanted to take the time for map completion. (This was before the handout of BoH from Anet in the AP Chests). I’m slow at vistas and such (I’m old, literally half blind, so sue me) and couldn’t do it back then. I keep hoping my server will be dropped a tier (we’re always 3rd place), but we haven’t been dropped It’s just plain tedious.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Map Completion - WvW

heartless.6803

I believe they go rid of the server ranking system now. You’re just stuck in the ones you’re at. I play on Tarnished Coast so we’ll always be against black gate and jade quarry.

Easiest way to get it is to setup a group that all want it. Get a group or two and just go around doing map completion. You’ll be large enough that the roamers will ignore you. As long as you avoid the zergs and have some presistance in waiting for conflicts to die down it’s pretty doable.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

TBH I don’t like or want WvWvW. I couldn’t care less if my server was bottom of the pile.

I grind out the WvWvW unlocking. At least WPs and armour repair don’t cost anything in there. Heck, if you’re outnumbered you don’t even take armour damage. And sometimes, just sometimes, it can be a lot of fun to outrun/outfox enemies and get that adrenaline going.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’d urge anyone to keep trying for completion, even if it seems insurmountable. There’s a couple of threads going around of late of this nature (they come in threes or more like buses), and in some of those, there’s likely some other advice, maybe better advice, of how to tackle your WvW completion coming in from a PvE perspective. I believe one such piece is to try and get things just after reset. Also, if you know anyone from your server who’s walking around with a big old star next to their name, maybe you could ask them how they managed it.

I would advocate taking time, too. This isn’t something you can get in a day, unless you’re very lucky. If you’re already 80 and have done all the other maps, I’d advise doing a small bit of WvW, then finding something else to do (preferably something that doesn’t make your gnash your teeth!).

If you’ve just hit 80, chances are you don’t have all the PvE maps either. So, I advise starting any gaming session with a small bout of WvW - try to get a few vistas, PoIs, and maybe a skill point. Don’t do more than that, unless your map is looking good, or you run into a productive zerg. Also, don’t worry, fuss, bemoan, or otherwise besmirch a zerg. It’s a means to getting things done, and if you’ve been failing on your own, perhaps safety in numbers will get you what you’re after (and you’re also then contributing, and not screwing over someone in the queue). Ensure you have supply for this sort of thing. If it’s an enemy zerg you’re worrying, fussing, bemoaning or otherwise besmirching, go ahead. That’s quite fine. Waypoint back to start and go in the other direction. Fast. Or try a different map. It’s okay to quit if you start to feel the day is lost. Then go and do something else (preferably something that doesn’t make your gnash your teeth!).

If you’re not level 80 yet, start WvW now! Okay, you’re not *quite* so powerful, so you may well want to think twice about engaging anything you see. That’s okay. This is a good time to join a local zerg, if there is one. If not, ensure you have a reliable speed source, and just get the nearest stuff, as quickly as you can. I advise a revisit just after reset on Fridays, if you can make it, if you want to try going a bit further into the maps.

For all of the above, if you find a commander who’s getting stuff done, follow them. If your server is using TS or other voice coms, use it. You don’t have to say anything, but you might be more effective. People will often tell you where enemy scouts are and you can avoid them. Map chat may also do this.

Remember, this is a softly, softly approach. You may even learn to enjoy what you’re doing, and if you don’t? You’re not doing it for a particularly long period, and you’ll be doing something you consider fun afterwards. This is how I learned to stop worrying and love WvW.*

So, I sincerely wish everyone the best of luck with getting their completion - I believe everyone can do it, even if they presently think otherwise!

*will not necessarily work for everyone, but I advise checking out the myriad threads on this topic for other solutions.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Map Completion - WvW

Rentapest.6503

Yet another whine about actually having to put some genuine effort in to actually earn an achievement/title. People want everything to be easy mode these days and get upset when faced with something remotely challenging which may require grouping up in an MMO or having to use one’s brain and adapt to complete.

This is my 3rd World Completion. Because for some stupid reason, you need to do this over and over again to craft another legendary weapon!

I understand the need to do it once, but forcing you to do it over and over for gifts is stupid in itself!

But hey, I wasn’t QQ’ing about the gifts and asking to hand them out freely as they should be once you’ve completed it once!

I’m simply asking for the WvW maps to be removed from map completion. And if it’s being removed in HoT, why not now?

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Also, everytime you finally enter the battle after queing for 60minutes, your team control nothing on the map and you get maybe ONE thing towards completion if you’re lucky. And that’s after dying repeatedly.

If you have 60 minutes queues then you must be on a T1 server.

Your arguments are invalid.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

TBH I don’t like or want WvWvW.

There are plenty of people who feel that the inverse is true. They don’t want to have to do all that PvE stuff to get their legendary weapon to use in WvW. They would argue that the game would be massively improved if they got rid of PvE altogether.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Eos.6951

Eos.6951

How hard it is to complete WvW maps shouldn’t even be relevant in this discussion. It’s the fact that they’re forcing people (like me) who don’t want to PvP to go into PvP zones to get an achievement relating to PvE. I’m not playing gw2 to kill other players, let me play the game how I want to.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Don’t chase a reward that requires pvp if you don’t want to step foot in pvp?

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

No your not…more like the 1000th.

These threads are a dime a dozen (search is your friend) and your wrong, I completed my first mapping solo in WvW without zerging or getting ganked 24/7. Yes it took a fair bit of time but it’s meant to be a decent reward, not a spam-a-thon no-brainer against trash mobs in PvE.

It will never change, Anet want you to experience another aspect of the game. If you don’t want too don’t QQ about it. It’s not like this game is short on rewards to attain. The “I want it now!!!” mentality displayed by such players in this game aggravates me far more than the last vista I need in WvW.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Remove WvW maps from the Map Completion requirement

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get this done unless you’re willing to spend a month of WvW spamming and run with the zerg everywhere until you eventually have all the things you need.

See:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-give-up-No-Map-Completion

Same statement as you about it being IMPOSSIBLE. 24h later, he’s only got one borderlands left to do.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

(search is your friend)

The search function has always been broken on this forum.
It doesn’t work at all.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Map Completion - WvW

Rentapest.6503

So, tried to get some more % for this rediculous completion again tonight.

I ran ALL the way accross the map, killed by 2 scrubs. Waypoint, try run again, using bases that we control as cover, made it further north only to be 1hit by a scrub ranger. Sigh….ragequit.

I asked in map chat for people to help me, no reply. No commander on map, no friednly players and ‘outnumbered’.

Thanks for forcing us to endure this nonsense, it’s thoroughly enjoyable having goals that are impossible to complete and frustrating as well. <— Sarcasm

Map Completion - WvW

Rentapest.6503

Ok, this is ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS now!

Every map is ‘outnumbered’ and FULL of enemy players. Why do they get to have so many people, yet my team has nobody?

Why isn’t this balanced properly? Meaning if we only have 5 ppl, then others should get kicked from the map to balance it so it’s 5v5 until more join. There should be EVEN numbers on the WvW maps, not this useless ‘outnumbered’ buff that does nothing to aid you in your uphill/impossible struggle against the superior enemy numbers!

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Every map is ‘outnumbered’ and FULL of enemy players. Why do they get to have so many people, yet my team has nobody?

Also, everytime you finally enter the battle after queing for 60minutes, .

So you are having to sit in a queue for 60 minutes…but there is no one in WvW from your server ?

You seem to be dealing with a bug of some sort. You should never have to wait in a queue if your server is not participating in WvW.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Why isn’t this balanced properly? Meaning if we only have 5 ppl, then others should get kicked from the map to balance it so it’s 5v5 until more join. There should be EVEN numbers on the WvW maps, not this useless ‘outnumbered’ buff that does nothing to aid you in your uphill/impossible struggle against the superior enemy numbers!

I understand that you’re doing something outside of your play style… But this (specifically bolded) is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read… And I’ve PvF&F (player vs. Forums &Facebook) since before launch.

WvW is designed to be unbalanced some people like being outnumbered (by a reasonable #), some people want server balance so all servers are equal, but no one wants wvw to become Spvp.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Map Completion - WvW

Rentapest.6503

I understand that you’re doing something outside of your play style… But this (specifically bolded) is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read… And I’ve PvF&F (player vs. Forums &Facebook) since before launch.

WvW is designed to be unbalanced some people like being outnumbered (by a reasonable #), some people want server balance so all servers are equal, but no one wants wvw to become Spvp.

Fair point, then as I originally asked, remove this nonsense from completion! And not in months time, now! Many players have been asking for this change for ages, and been ignored.

Also, if people do want ‘unbalanced’ WvW sides, then remove the queue so we don’t have to wait 2hours to get into a map.

(edited by Rentapest.6503)

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Also, if people do want ‘unbalanced’ WvW sides, then remove the queue so we don’t have to wait 2hours to get into a map.

As mentioned previously:

Also, everytime you finally enter the battle after queing for 60minutes, .

So you are having to sit in a queue for 60 minutes…but there is no one in WvW from your server ?

You seem to be dealing with a bug of some sort. You should never have to wait in a queue if your server is not participating in WvW.

you are apparently running into a very unusual bug. I’ve never seen another player mention running into this problem. You are spending 1-2 hours in a queue when there is no one from your server in WvW. That is not something requiring the normal function of the game to be modified. Have you submitted a bug report?

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

What server are you on?

My guess is the sit in queue to find map empty situation is you’re just lucking into the times when the commander takes people to another map.

On each map, your priority is to get the stuff near your spawn location. So when you’re red, focus on the areas that are in you’re “third” of the map. Near your spawn area. On Red borderlands, that amounts to about half of the map given how large the spawn area is.

Priortize anything inside of walls you can’t get into without help. You can run into camps to get the POI’s at any time. Even if it means you get killed.

Keep yourself zoomed out. You’ll see more of the area. The more you see, the quicker you spot enemy players so you can adjust your route.

Consider Stonemist part of your area in Eternal Battlegrounds no matter what color you are. Get it the moment you see that your server has it.

Once you’ve gotten everything near your spawn location, then venture out to get areas you can reach. Again, put the priority on things inside of walls you can’t get unless you own them.

If WvW stresses you out, spend 30 minutes in WvW with the goal to get 1% of the map you’re on completed. That’s likely not much to be taken.

Map Completion - WvW

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I have 9 lvl 80 characters. On 7 of them I have 97% map completion through pure play. I am not planning on ever finishing the map completion. I loathe the PvP area with a passion. Legendary? Definitely not that attractive to start with, for me at least. Even if I’d get one, I’d probably reskin it. Considering that I’d have to get in WvW so I can craft a legendary that I would use exclusively in PvE from there on… that gives 50 shades of nope.