Map Completion in Orr

Map Completion in Orr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

What has happened to Orr?
I remember when doing map completion with my main Engi some months ago, it was hard, but possible. Now it’s a nightmare, even on my Guardian. There is no way my Mesmer could do this. :-) The amount of new skills those Vets have, plus the fact that a lot of skill points interupt constantly because they are near contested statues. I know this area is high level, but the jump from Mount Maelstrom to this is night and day.

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

One of the toons I had the easiest time completing Orr maps with was my Mesmer….I could even solo Vets that were nightmares for all of my other characters. I don’t even consider her my main nor even do I play her at least once per week.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

as a mesmer you can even solo champs… but you can always get some people to join you from your guild or using LFG

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Ive actually posted a thread yesterday about that it is too hard to solo it, if you are in a NA server pm me if you want my help because im trying to do orr map completion too!

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As for areas being harder because of contested temples, I recommend you guest to other servers. Use this site: http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html, find a server with the temple uncontested there and grab the area. It’s what I do.

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I find Orr to be slightly annoying now, at best. Old Orr maps were from hell with the insane mob density and crazy amounts of CCs. I still think Risen Acolytes have ridiculous aggro and reset range though lol. The last time I completed Orr was on a perma stealth kittenbag thief so it was pretty easy.

Whispers with meat.

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

I like Orr map completion, best rewards in least amount of time. I can do whole Orr in 3-5 hours depending on profession. I’ve done it under leveled (started Straits around 67-70 and finished CS 77-79) with every profession using lvl 67 rare zerker armor/weapons with lvl 65 masterwork trinkets (attributes vary by prof/build).

You can mostly run past stuff and trick around some vets/champs. I admit that I visit servers with uncontested temples to ease things, but there are some things that can be quite nasty for low level with 10 lvls old gear.

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Best rewards yeah, but 1 hr 15 minutes is enough for completing any map, really. I thought it was 1 hr, then I timed the runs.

Perma swiftness or at least permanent +25% speed is important, as well as not attacking everything in sight. for Champions, try to use stealth or a pet/summon or Stability or Aegis to occupy them while activating the skill point/make your activation undisruptable. Some classes have it harder than others at doing this, though it’s possible for all (and easiest on the Thief).

Map Completion in Orr

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Orr is easier now than when it was released. I completed all Orr zones with all class. Some a bit harder than others. The most hardest I did Orr was with my Ele. The easiest with my Thief, then Mesmer. My Guard/War/Ranger/Engi/Necro did it pretty well but not as easy as my thief nor as hard as my Ele.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server