Map Completion isn't worth it...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

If I was to write a list of 100 problems with GW2 then map completion rewards would not be on the list. Not even close.

Yeah, that’s probably true.
Well, people seem to prefer map completion the way it is. God forbid we actually get something useful for 100% world completion. XD

No need to keep this topic open, I feel.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The difference is, completing a map can take up to few days(and that’s if you’re in a hurry) while jumping puzzles can take up to 30 minutes tops. Well, unless you’re really bad at them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/What-s-the-fastest-World-Completion-time/

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I enjoy map completion. Each completed map gives me more insight in to the world of Tyria, it’s goings on, and how the world is affected by the war.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Yoroiookami.3485

The difference is, completing a map can take up to few days(and that’s if you’re in a hurry) while jumping puzzles can take up to 30 minutes tops. Well, unless you’re really bad at them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/What-s-the-fastest-World-Completion-time/

Yes, show me “fastest world completion time” to prove me wrong. Because casual players strife for that. XD

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I finished my map completion 24 times.

It dont’ bother me too much because you get level and waypoint when you do map complete anyway. And by the time you reach level 80, you are already doing the hier tier maps, and you get exotic when you complete it.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I have 10 characters at 100% map completion and 3 more in progress….The rewards aren’t the best sometimes …..come on leeks for cursed shore >.< But they are better than they were (do you remember getting low level greens for finishing Cursed Shore?).

The XP boost for finishing the map is fine as is I think, you get a whole bunch as you’re working on the zone already. And personally, I like the lower tier items for the lower zones because when you’re lvl 80 it’s harder to get those mid-tier crafting materials. I need so much wool…someone send me wool!. >.>

Yoroiookami.3485

It dont’ bother me too much because you get level and waypoint when you do map complete anyway. And by the time you reach level 80, you are already doing the hier tier maps, and you get exotic when you complete it.

I have 10 characters at 100% map completion and 3 more in progress….The rewards aren’t the best sometimes …..come on leeks for cursed shore >.< But they are better than they were (do you remember getting low level greens for finishing Cursed Shore?).

The XP boost for finishing the map is fine as is I think, you get a whole bunch as you’re working on the zone already. And personally, I like the lower tier items for the lower zones because when you’re lvl 80 it’s harder to get those mid-tier crafting materials. I need so much wool…someone send me wool!. >.>

That’s actually pretty impressive. Congrats. I couldn’t bring myself to do it the second time. I only uncover maps by accident, basically.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

well if you do it just for fun it’s worth it

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

That’s actually pretty impressive. Congrats. I couldn’t bring myself to do it the second time. I only uncover maps by accident, basically.

ya to me I get level anyway. That’s how I get to 80.

I can understand if you are already 80, you probably dont’ want to go back to low level map to do map completion.

and quite honestly, map completion is one of the few things I still enjoy in GW2. I “only” did map completion 25 times. I would say many dungeons or events I did much more than 25 times.(having 5000 hours play time)

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I love completing maps. But I never am in a hurry to do so (in fact, I think the slowest I’ve finished a character to 80 was by mapping only three maps: Metrica, Caledon and Brisban)

The one thing I hate is WvW.

Once is enough for me. Can’t bear to do map completion in WvW again..

/shiver

I love it when you pver’s come to wvw looking for map, the feels i get when i gank you and you pt me. /flex

Wow you must be real good killing those PvE’rs that are looking for POIs/SPs. I mean, they almost know that they are engaging in a fight while looking at their map. Totally /flex worthy. Totally.

I mean, some might call it cowardice to purposely target the weak and oblivious, but I say, to heck with those people! It takes skill to find the weak ones while avoiding the skilled players!

Indeed. It really takes skill to kill somebody who has only a quarter of life left while trying to kill the spider lady (who also had about a quarter of life left, I think I did rather well until that donkey came around and finished me, considering I was about lvl 15)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I love completing maps. But I never am in a hurry to do so (in fact, I think the slowest I’ve finished a character to 80 was by mapping only three maps: Metrica, Caledon and Brisban)

The one thing I hate is WvW.

Once is enough for me. Can’t bear to do map completion in WvW again..

/shiver

I love it when you pver’s come to wvw looking for map, the feels i get when i gank you and you pt me. /flex

Wow you must be real good killing those PvE’rs that are looking for POIs/SPs. I mean, they almost know that they are engaging in a fight while looking at their map. Totally /flex worthy. Totally.

I mean, some might call it cowardice to purposely target the weak and oblivious, but I say, to heck with those people! It takes skill to find the weak ones while avoiding the skilled players!

Indeed. It really takes skill to kill somebody who has only a quarter of life left while trying to kill the spider lady (who also had about a quarter of life left, I think I did rather well until that donkey came around and finished me, considering I was about lvl 15)

The guy that killed you must have been really awesome then! WOWEE think of all the /flex-ing he must have been doing. That’s skill you can be proud of!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Let’s make a bit of a correction. Map completion rewards are unsatisfactory, however there are quite a few exploration enthusiasts that will complete the maps even if there was no reward. Basically it rewards that diehard niche.

In GW1 there was no reward for revealing all map areas (at least at the time I stopped playing, just as EotN was released). Yet people would insist on clearing the Fog of War from every nook and cranny.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

i think you’re in a minority here. i think you get pretty good stuff.
rare/exotic gear, chest keys, crafting mats, etc. these are all excellent stuff to get, especially when you can get them as many times as you want (using a different character). i got most of my orichalcum ore that way.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Whatever happened to the simple satisfaction of completion, back in the day it was like yay I finished it but now days it’s like ok I finished it what do I get …

It’s cause these games rewire our brains to expect an extrinsic (externally-based) reward for everything. So when the rewards feel disproportionate to the effort we put in, we’re like, “Whaaaaaa?”

Luckily for us, it’s not really our fault. Unluckily, it seems 90% of games give those extrinsic rewards now, even for simple tasks, so there’s little chance of escaping it.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You can farm a transmutation stone in 20 minutes, make an asura and do Rata Sum map completion. An hour and a half and you have enough for a full set.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You can farm a transmutation stone in 20 minutes, make an asura and do Rata Sum map completion. An hour and a half and you have enough for a full set.

….seriously some of us just don’t think this way…you just made my day.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Yoroiookami.3485

Yeah, that sounds like so much fun. XD

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah, that sounds like so much fun. XD

Oh yeah it’s as exciting as watching paint dry, or similarly playing PvP matches full of Powbow rangers, hamspam warriors, and PU mesmers. :P But it gets the job done.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

In GW1 there was no reward for revealing all map areas (at least at the time I stopped playing, just as EotN was released). Yet people would insist on clearing the Fog of War from every nook and cranny.

Not quite, GW has always had map exploration titles (<3 my OS Tyrian Explorer [60%]), and also awarded the Cartographer title for uncovering all maps in a particular campaign…

But ofc GW2 had to be a kitten and tie special rewards to it, because reasons. I’m even worse than the OP, as I couldn’t be kitten d to uncover all maps even a single time, mostly because it’s mindboggingly boring, but also because I consider things such as vistas and PoI’s a cheap and extremely lacklustre method of filling void space, as they hold absolutely no intristic value in and off themselves…which is highly similar to the superficial feature that is achievement points.
All in all, the game is chronically deprived of actual substance, while drowning in layers upon layers of fluff.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

-_-
You also get xp per map completion point you do, a nice view if it is a vista, a skill point if it is a skill challenge and a small bit of coin plus access to a karma vendor if it is a heart quest. It’s plenty rewarding for what it is.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Map completion rewards can actually be pretty nice nowadays, thanks to the increased prices of Rares, Exotics and crafting materials. (Just got 40 Linen Scraps from mapping Dredgehaunt? SCORE!)

But if you’re not after 100% map completion or a Legendary, why are you even bothering to map complete in the first place? The map completion rewards are really just a bone thrown to players who like mapping as an activity on its own. (And to be honest, we’d probably 100% map Tyria anyway, even if there wasn’t any reward for it. I 100% mapped Tyria and Cantha in GW1 back before the Cartographer titles were introduced, just because I liked unfogging the map.)

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

I think all they really need to do to make map completion “worth” it is to have both a Transmutation Charge AND a Black Lion Key drop with each map. Right now the mats, and the experience and (at lower levels) the relatively lackluster loot don’t motivate me much. Every map I’ve completed since the last update I did in the hope of getting a BLK. Of course I nearly always seem to get the Transformation Charge (which is useless to me since I’m sitting on 130+ of them).

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Yoroiookami.3485

-_-
You also get xp per map completion point you do, a nice view if it is a vista, a skill point if it is a skill challenge and a small bit of coin plus access to a karma vendor if it is a heart quest. It’s plenty rewarding for what it is.

Yes, I’ve seen this argument at least 4-5 times already. I think you don’t look at it the right way. Even though hearts give you more experience after the changes (or maybe it’s just for lower levels), you still have no reason to complete MAPS. I don’t count experience from hearts, vistas and waypoints, as you don’t need to finish the entire map to get those.
My point is – why bother finishing a certain map, if you’re better off just traveling from map to map doing the easiest things, getting the easiest points of interests and vistas? There is no reason for you to do so, unless you actually enjoy discovering the world around you (Which you either want to do thanks to your amazing graphic card, or the curiosity), or unless you desperately want that 1 transmutation charge.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

My point is – why bother finishing a certain map, if you’re better off just traveling from map to map doing the easiest things, getting the easiest points of interests and vistas? There is no reason for you to do so, unless you actually enjoy discovering the world around you (Which you either want to do thanks to your amazing graphic card, or the curiosity), or unless you desperately want that 1 transmutation charge.

My question is: Why do you want everyone encouraged to finish maps? Right now you can explore everything if you like to, and won’t really miss out if you don’t. Why change that? There’s so much other stuff to do in this game … why not just leave everyone to do what they enjoy?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think all they really need to do to make map completion “worth” it is to have both a Transmutation Charge AND a Black Lion Key drop with each map. Right now the mats, and the experience and (at lower levels) the relatively lackluster loot don’t motivate me much. Every map I’ve completed since the last update I did in the hope of getting a BLK. Of course I nearly always seem to get the Transformation Charge (which is useless to me since I’m sitting on 130+ of them).

Charge yes, key, no.

People don’t need to be motivated for map completion because it isn’t required for anything. If you want to craft a legendary then that would be motivation enough to do it for the Gifts. But outside of that, why exactly do you need to be motivated to do something that is completely optional? And I don’t mean optional like Ascended armor is optional (has a slight stat benefit, which is motivation enough). I’m meaning optional like there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to map completion. You either want to do it or you don’t. That’s it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Not quite, GW has always had map exploration titles (<3 my OS Tyrian Explorer [60%]), and also awarded the Cartographer title for uncovering all maps in a particular campaign…

But ofc GW2 had to be a kitten and tie special rewards to it, because reasons. I’m even worse than the OP, as I couldn’t be kitten d to uncover all maps even a single time, mostly because it’s mindboggingly boring, but also because I consider things such as vistas and PoI’s a cheap and extremely lacklustre method of filling void space, as they hold absolutely no intristic value in and off themselves…which is highly similar to the superficial feature that is achievement points.
All in all, the game is chronically deprived of actual substance, while drowning in layers upon layers of fluff.

So let me get this straight.
GW1 gave you a title if you explored the map and that was “<3” and “substance”.
GW2 gives you a title, a star and some random stuff you may use for crafting or just sell and it’s “fluff”.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

And where exactly did I state in any manner that titles equalled substance?

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

So let me get this straight.
GW1 gave you a title if you explored the map and that was “<3” and “substance”.
GW2 gives you a title, a star and some random stuff you may use for crafting or just sell and it’s “fluff”.

Tom: Heavy. What is it?
Sam: The, uh, fluff that dreams are made of.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

kolompi.1287

You did not state word for word, but you brought that title as an example for the great reward you’ve gotten in gw1 then went on to say that gw2 lacked substance.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think GW2 titles would mean more if they were announced like they were in GW1. Titles took on a bit more importance after 1)they were changed to contribute to the Favor of the Gods and 2) they were announced for all to see. As shown above, there would be lots of people wspering congrats when certain ones were achieved.

Good Times:

Attachments:

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Yoroiookami.3485

Charge yes, key, no.

People don’t need to be motivated for map completion because it isn’t required for anything. If you want to craft a legendary then that would be motivation enough to do it for the Gifts. But outside of that, why exactly do you need to be motivated to do something that is completely optional? And I don’t mean optional like Ascended armor is optional (has a slight stat benefit, which is motivation enough). I’m meaning optional like there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to map completion. You either want to do it or you don’t. That’s it.

I fail to understand that logic.
“People don’t need to be motivated for map completion because it isn’t required for anything.”
The entire point of my topic is that it should be required to get some form of reward. Why? Because it’s not exactly grinding, it’s refreshing from time to time and the reward just doesn’t hold up to the alternatives.
Yes, I feel like I achieved ‘something’ when I finish a map, but I also feel like I’ve missed out on world bosses, fractals, dungeons etc. That’s why I’m asking for at least additional transmutation charge.
Every part of the game is “completely optional”, but you still get suitable rewards for doing those things.

TL;DR Your argument makes no sense to me.

kolompi.1287

You cannot do everything, you always miss out on something while doing the other stuff. You cannot go to a world boss train while doing wvw, cannot do fractals while doing world bosses, cannot do pvp while in fractals.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Yes, I’ve seen this argument at least 4-5 times already. I think you don’t look at it the right way. Even though hearts give you more experience after the changes (or maybe it’s just for lower levels), you still have no reason to complete MAPS. I don’t count experience from hearts, vistas and waypoints, as you don’t need to finish the entire map to get those.

Map completion is the culmination of all of its component elements such as hearts, POI, etc.

If your argument divorces completion from the sum total of what is being completed then the next step on that path is to say that completion consists of doing the last POI or heart in a map and leads to the question, “why should one heart (or POI, etc) be significantly more rewarded than it is now ?”

Yoroiookami.3485

Map completion is the culmination of all of its component elements such as hearts, POI, etc.

If your argument divorces completion from the sum total of what is being completed then the next step on that path is to say that completion consists of doing the last POI or heart in a map and leads to the question, “why should one heart (or POI, etc) be significantly more rewarded than it is now ?”

I’m afraid I don’t know what do you mean.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Many people, including myself, take the wrong approach to map completion, especially the first time through. Unless you’re in a rush for a legendary and the Gift of Exploration is the last thing you need, you don’t need to rush map completion.

This is my suggestion for new 80s. You don’t need map completion to do everything. Rushing world completion is an easy way to burn out, which is what I did.

• Look on the wiki and locate the nearest couple (In case one becomes contested) WPs to each of the dungeons and world events (Bosses, Dragons, temples, ). etc.
  • Spend a couple hours, and that all it takes, and do a “Run Forrest, Run” mission to unlock all the identified WPs
  • After that, you can WP to the required events or dungeons you like and pick at world completion at a more leisurely pace. A map at a time, a couple hearts at a time, whatever.

The only thing you might be missing at this point would be guild missions. Perhaps they’re in set locations too, I’ve never checked in it them as I rarely have time for them when they’re actually scheduled in my guild.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Charge yes, key, no.

The “its optional so they don’t need to give you anything” argument is always a fail. The entire game is “optional” rendering that argument fairly meaningless.

It seems obvious to me that Anet wants players out in the open world playing the game and going about visiting all of the areas, completing all of the hearts, events, etc. and helping other players in the process. Hence the reward that exists now which probably could use a little upgrade at this point.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

This is my suggestion for new 80s. You don’t need map completion to do everything. Rushing world completion is an easy way to burn out, which is what I did.

• Look on the wiki and locate the nearest couple (In case one becomes contested) WPs to each of the dungeons and world events (Bosses, Dragons, temples, ). etc.
  • Spend a couple hours, and that all it takes, and do a “Run Forrest, Run” mission to unlock all the identified WPs
  • After that, you can WP to the required events or dungeons you like and pick at world completion at a more leisurely pace. A map at a time, a couple hearts at a time, whatever.

The only thing you might be missing at this point would be guild missions. Perhaps they’re in set locations too, I’ve never checked in it them as I rarely have time for them when they’re actually scheduled in my guild.

That’s assuming you actually care about world bosses and dungeons. Plenty of people don’t.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

That’s assuming you actually care about world bosses and dungeons. Plenty of people don’t.

Granted, that’s true.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Giving more XP for map completion, when you consider every vista, POI and heart gives you XP already would make map completion over-rewarding.

There are people who really don’t like map completing who would feel pressured to if you made the rewards so vast.

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If you do like it do it. That’s pretty much the way the whole game is set up.

That’s why the rewards are set the way they’re set.

Trait unlocks make you feel pressured to do these things. More XP would just make it not as much of a burden. Adding more rewards for things is the right way to pressure people in to playing your content. Taking something away, then locking it behind some task and then calling it a reward is the wrong way to pressure people in to playing your content.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Time to do PvP reward track completion for the 2nd star!

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Giving more XP for map completion, when you consider every vista, POI and heart gives you XP already would make map completion over-rewarding.

There are people who really don’t like map completing who would feel pressured to if you made the rewards so vast.

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If you do like it do it. That’s pretty much the way the whole game is set up.

I don’t like mapping, but I do support giving better rewards for it and wouldn’t feel pressured to do it. In fact, better rewards might make me give mapping a second look. I’d feel like I’m actually doing it for a reason. Right now, I skip vistas, hearts, and skills points because “meh.”

Labjax.2465

True in theory, but debatable in this instance. On an ideal run, I get levels way faster doing EotM than I do with stuff like mapping. Yet some people swear by other methods, like chain-killing with XP boosts, or mapping (I guess?). Running events? I dunno.

Point is, if we’re exclusively talking about XP, it’s not a big deal. If, on the other hand, “better rewards for map completion” means giving some amount of valuable end-game items, then people might feel pressured to do it over and over.

Extreme example: If every map completion gave 5 ectos, then yeah, people would feel some pressure to do it.

Interestingly, there is already some end-game pressure – it’s just disguised somewhat by the fact that it’s attached to the final reward, as opposed to each separate map (the Gifts for legendaries).

I think the important distinction, if they increase map completion rewards, is to make it something non-tradeable that only affects the player. More XP would actually be right about in line with that.

There are other potential options that are in line with this concept as well (off the top of my head): Boosters, account-bound gear, chance at a consumable skin related to the zone (could just go off of existing skins pertaining to the zone so they don’t have to make new ones – for example, map DR, chance at a consumable t1 cultural skin.. unlocks if you don’t have it and free 1-use application), timed buff that increases movement speed (for the power-mapper!).

I think anything additional that is tradeable or currency-related would risk becoming what you’re talking about (pressuring people into mapping).

Anyone have other ideas for stuff that is along the lines of the examples I gave?

Or words to that effect.

(edited by Labjax.2465)

Yoroiookami.3485

I just want there to be a reason to repeat map completion of individual maps and the whole world map. I realize that some of you do it purely for fun multiple times, but some of us need an actual reason to do things like these over and over again.

Even if they won’t change individual map completion rewards, I still think it would be great to create alternatives for people who complete all of the maps.

Like:
- 2 Gifts of Exploration OR 6 Transmutation Charges OR 1x Ascended Weapon Chest,
- A star next to the character’s name OR/AFTER THAT 10x Unidentified Dye,
- The title Been There, Done That OR/AFTER THAT Experience Scroll OR Box of Fun,
- The Map Completion Account Medal OR/AFTER THAT 30 Laurels.

With these, we would not be restricted by time to buy laurel items, we would explore more and find enjoyment in doing it. Those are just my ideas, I’m sure you can think of better rewards.

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

kolompi.1287

You know, all these ideas don’t matter much, simply because if they were implemented, three months from now someone would start a thread about how these rewards are not enough for the drag that is map completion and there should be more.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You know, all these ideas don’t matter much, simply because if they were implemented, three months from now someone would start a thread about how these rewards are not enough for the drag that is map completion and there should be more.

Not to mention what the player that has map completion on 10+ characters would say if all those additional rewards were not retroactive……(or what other players would post about it being “unfair” if they DID get all the additional rewards).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Yoroiookami.3485

Not to mention what the player that has map completion on 10+ characters would say if all those additional rewards were not retroactive……(or what other players would post about it being “unfair” if they DID get all the additional rewards).

I’m pretty sure that if someone did it 10 times, they did it because they enjoyed it. Adding rewards now wouldn’t harm them much as they didn’t expect (practically) anything to begin with.

And well, it would be something new to everyone. It’s the same as turning 30 stacks of bloodstone into bricks only to find out that Mawdrey(Bloodstone Dust eating creature) gives you rewards for the dust. XD

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Here’s a funny map completion anecdote for ya.

Yesterday evening I completed the Cursed Shore map with my NPE ele – and got the same two exotic items I got for completing Malchor’s Leap the day before: a berserker scallywag helm (what I consider the goofiest looking helm in the game) and a berserker scepter. Same stats, same upgrades (bloodlust sigil on the scepter). The only difference is, the CS ones were level 78 and the ML ones were (I think) 76.

What are the odds?

The table is a fable.

Labjax.2465

Slippery slope fallacy is slippery slope.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Brutality.9631

Brutality.9631

I just want to get some enjoyment out of completing a map, it isn’t much to ask, is it?

This game has the best mmo world map available in terms of exploration, if you aren’t enjoying it for the sake of enjoying it, you’re doing it wrong. You shouldn’t need a reward in addition to an hour of fun, other than the RNG loot anyone’s subject to.

One of the biggest problems with this game is all the people complaining for handouts, they gotta rework the boss loot a hundred times instead of releasing content for people who enjoy good views, graphics, and enemies.

“Make it worth my time!” Gaming IS the reward, I freakin hate these tools. Learn a real skill or hobby if you want it to pay off, then you can enjoy guild wars casually in between all that.

(edited by Brutality.9631)

kolompi.1287

Slippery slope fallacy is slippery slope.

But that’s how it works. It was like that with dungeon rewards, champion loot, everything. The rewards at any given time seem to be not enough.