Map Jumping/Hopping

Map Jumping/Hopping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blinks.2796

Blinks.2796

I have been looking at information on maps like silver wastes and I see people commenting about jumping to different maps that are doing different things and I was wondering how they do this? I assumed their is one map and you zone into it with everyone else. Is there really multiple maps and you can select one that is doing an event you want to do?

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Some people move to different map by find group on LFG tool that advertise. Join group and then can join that party in their map. You can not select a map just by choice of some kind. Have to either join group in map or log out and back and hope you in a map you want.

;)

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

When the first instance of a map reaches a certain capacity, a new instance of it opens up. It does this as many times as is necessary to fit the number of players. You can hop to other instances by joining a party with someone on a different one, right clicking on their party portrait, and choosing "Join In . . . ". As long as their instance isn’t full, you’ll join them in their instance.

People will advertise their maps on the LFG tool so that people can join.

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You use the LFG (looking for group) that’s advertising a map. Join on the one you want. Right click on leader’s portrait and select join on map. This will pull you over to their map copy. Then you leave.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: Blinks.2796

Blinks.2796

Thanks for clearing that up. I have only being playing about a month and haven’t come across the LFG tool so will look into that.

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Do it too many times though (leave/join grps) and you’ll incur the timer’s wrath.

Map Jumping/Hopping

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Thanks for clearing that up. I have only being playing about a month and haven’t come across the LFG tool so will look into that.

Can find it with icon top left of game screen.

;)