Map completion.

Map completion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Why? Seriously? Why do you force players to go to WvW to get POIs and Vistas, etc?

Those maps have nothing to with the world!

I’m so close to complete the map but i just can’t because some places are impossible to enter!!!

I don’t care if i kill 200 vets and 200 champions in Cursed Shore or in FoTM and dungeons and end up with nothing but junk, i don’t care if i need to grind years to make a legendary. All i want is TO BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THE WORLD MAP, WITHOUT BEING FORCED TO DO PvP!!

i bought a lot of gems to support this game, but if i knew that i would need to go to WvW to complete the map, i wouldn’t have bought any gems, because forcing players to get DESTROYED in some bullkitten PvP mode is WRONG!

Change this.

Map completion.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Why is it that you think the WvW maps have nothing to do with the world? Please answer that, no one else seems to when they start this argument.

And as for being impossible, is there some kind of barrier that you and only you cannot break?

Also, why do you need map completion? You aren’t “forced” so stop using that word.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Map completion.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

The only major thing I dislike about having to go through WvW to get world completion is the fact that I have to explore the same map three times.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Map completion.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Why is it that you think the WvW maps have nothing to do with the world? Please answer that, no one else seems to when they start this argument.

And as for being impossible, is there some kind of barrier that you and only you cannot break?

Also, why do you need map completion? You aren’t “forced” so stop using that word.

98% of the map completion is done in the PvE world. There any signs of dragons in the WvW maps? There are any signs of corruption in there? Also, they are located in the mists and it’s a PVP mode. How the hell am i supposed to enter in a enemy keep?

Yes, forced, i will use this word, you must be one of those players who says:

“you are not forced to do this, you are not forced to do that, you are not forced to play the game”

It’s simple, you don’t force players to do PvP, WvW is a PvP mode and why do you need to get the last 2% of the map in a PvP map if 98% is done in the PvE?

Map completion.

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Getting all the camp POIs is ridiculously simple and any class can walk into it (Spectral Walk, Mist Form, Blink, Stealth are all skills that will get you to it, Signet of Stone when traited, Guardians, Engis, Warriors and Rangers can fairly easily just use gapclosers to get in there or tank a couple of shots.), skill points, all but SM you can get regardless of your world’s influence, keeps swap almost every reset so getting the keeps/towers shouldn’t be a problem, along with BLs.

We’ve all had to do it, I’d much rather get another BL completion than go through Orr again. It really isn’t that difficult.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Map completion.

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

I got world completion twice and not once did I have to fight other players. Unless your server is always losing, you should be able to get all areas after two or three resets.

Map completion.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

It’s World Completion, not Tyria Completion.

It’s not all PvP, you kill a mob to take things over. You don’t kill a player and they drop the Vistas, etc. You can avoid player interaction altogether by running in the back of the masses or just popping in when your server already owns something you need.

Every major city has a few criers for recruiting people for WvW. There is nothing telling you to go help out in SPvP. So it’s obvious one is part of the world and one isn’t, and thus one counts for World Completion and one doesn’t.

And, no, you are not forced to get World Completion. Those two Gifts of Exploration are not necessary for one to stay in Tyria and do all that Tyria has to offer (including WvW). Sure, if you want a Legendary, you’ll need the Gifts; but needs driven by wants aren’t real needs anyway.

Map completion.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Also servers have a reset in wvw every friday (i think) so if you change sides for example and go from red to blue or to green then u can easily complete map like that. My server just switched from blue to red so im running through all the places we have captured and getting stuff done!!!