Map completion gives too little EXP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I just finished completing gendarren fields on my alt, along with queensdale and kessex hills. I barely managed to hit level 28 by finishing these 3 maps.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Posted by: Uden Reavstone.3426

Uden Reavstone.3426

First of all, you need to complete multiple maps to get a high lvl. 2nd of all, the best way to do it is complete starting map only stopping long enough for lvl 10 PS. Next do starting town. Now do LA, then one by one do the other towns and their starting areas. After that, do the lvl 15-25 areas one by one. Remember to do the PS when it comes up. Continue to do this for all maps. I have done all the towns and starting areas and only one lvl 15-25 and I’m in the 40’s. 12 maps plus bits of other ones and PS missions and I’m am in the 40’s. I think that’s good enough. Don’t you?

“Blue team for life.”
“They can’t see me. I can’t see them.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

(edited by Uden Reavstone.3426)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

There’s like 7 other maps in your level range you can do. If you insist to only do maps for your race, you probably wont’ have enough level.

1)Plains of Ashford c
1)Queensdale c
1)Caledon Forest c
1)Metrica Province c
1)Wayfarer Foothills c
——————————————————-
15)Diessa Plateau c
15)Kessex Hills c
15)Brisban Wildlands c
15)Snowden Drifts c
——————————————————————
25)Gendarran Fields c

Uden Reavstone.3426

What laokoko said is right. Completing three maps and saying “Map completion gives too little EXP,” is like taking three small bites out of any piece of food and saying, “I’m still hungry.”

“Blue team for life.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I just leveled a guardian by just doing maps.
Got level 45 off just the starter towns, Lion’s Arch, and the 1 – 15 maps.
Made 80 with Gendarren, Diessa, Fields of Ruin, Snowden, and Brisban completion.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

(edited by AngelDiscarnate.5489)

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I tend to select zones to work in based on…well…whatever I happen to feel like at the time. What I find, though, is that by the time I hit 80, I am not done with the map (not including WvW). I don’t do WvW and I don’t do dungeons…so world activities in the zones provide plenty of XP if (as others have said), you take a broader look at the zones available.

Uden Reavstone.3426

I just did the math, and it ends that there are 36 maps. 3/36=about 8%. 80*8%=about 6. 28/80=35%. 28 is greater than 6*4. Do you still think that map completion gives too little EXP?

“Blue team for life.”
Michael J. Caboose ~ RvB

(edited by Uden Reavstone.3426)