Map exploration rewards.

Map exploration rewards.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

So i held off doing map explore with my necro cause i wanted to do it with a Reaper.
I did it recently and i finished SW and got a chest with 2 exotic items.
I had a couple POIs left over on my engi, and also just finished 100% on SW, but apparently because i already had 100% map completion on it, i got no reward. Bug or intended?

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

not sure if map rewards are time gated
also, I know that if you finish a map and then they add anything afterward, exploring those new points do not net a new reward for that map.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I know that if you finish a map and then they add anything afterward, exploring those new points do not net a new reward for that map.

That’s not the case, really, since map exploration rewards weren’t active for SW, Dry Top, and Southsun before HoT launched, as in those maps didn’t have the % completed bar.
Now they do, and apparently people who got 100% map completed before HoT aren’t getting rewards from those.

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Characters who got 100% world completion before HoT are also not getting rewards from completing Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths and Dragon’s Stand. And that’s not intended, it’s a bug. Because those maps give gifts that are related to those maps, combine all 4 gifts to get a Gift of Maguuma that is required for new legendary weapons.

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Yep, its a bug. Is there a bug list or thread with this specifically added?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can find threads about this over in the Bugs sub-forum.

Good luck.

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It would be cool if they added completion rewards for Southsun, Dry Top, and Silverwastes and then rewarded them retroactively, but I just don’t see it happening.

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: LiiSyaoran.3591

LiiSyaoran.3591

It would be cool if they added completion rewards for Southsun, Dry Top, and Silverwastes and then rewarded them retroactively, but I just don’t see it happening.

They did when HoT launched, its just that if you got 100% world completion aka got gifts of exploration on that character it bugs and you don’t get them

Map exploration rewards.

Posted by: Crustydog.9825

Crustydog.9825

I appreciate all the information provided by people who seem to know what they are talking about – but you always wonder if those empowered to do something about the issue even know we would like an update.

I have all four maps and do not have the Gift of Maguuma.

Request an ANet employee log on and give an update on the status.