March 26th Update

March 26th Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: iDestroy.4395

iDestroy.4395

Does anyone know exactly when it will go live? I have been searching around for quite some time and haven’t found a solid answer.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Prepin.3962

Prepin.3962

I was wondering the same thing just now actually, there doesn’t seem to be any announcement as to what time they’ll update the game yet.

March 26th Update

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Same as every other monthly patch so far…when it’s ready.

They don’t set a time. They’ll let us know a couple hours in advance but that’s about all you can hope for.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that it’s still the 25th for them. They need to go to bed, wake up, get to work, then decide when they’ll launch. So my guess would be sometime within the next 12 hours or so before patching begins and that’s a low end guess.

This sentence is false.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ooooo i thought server time is like, 5.03am 26 march 2013 , already?

their office is based on what GMT time zone btw?

March 26th Update

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

It will likely either be at Noon, 5 P.M., or Midnight (PST). That’s their typical times.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

March 26th Update

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

US Pacific, the daily updates at 0:00 GMT but the techs work on PDT, so at this writing it’s just after 10 pm there.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Does anyone know at what time free server transfer comes back too?
Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SEA-WvW-Guild-Looking-For-New-Server/page/2#post1699401

March 26th Update

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

US Pacific, the daily updates at 0:00 GMT but the techs work on PDT, so at this writing it’s just after 10 pm there.

aaah i see. thanks!

so it is GMT -7:00 for them then.

March 26th Update

Posted by: lordkabal.4857

lordkabal.4857

Does anyone know at what time free server transfer comes back too?
Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SEA-WvW-Guild-Looking-For-New-Server/page/2#post1699401

Already active, get as many WvW players to transfer to Ferguson’s Crossing, we need the influx to regain our hold on T8

Killer Instinct [KI]
Ferguson’s Crossing

March 26th Update

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

The patch comes out right when dailies reset. Every. Single. Time.

Yet people still ask this question.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

March 26th Update

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Not true. It has also released at Noon and closer to midnight (PST) before.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

surely by now they know whats going into the patch. I need to read it so i can start my complaining thread before its even live.

March 26th Update

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Except it doesn’t. The fact that people are able to do 2 dailies on update days means that update happens some time after dailies reset abeit a short time.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

No. When they patch they reset dailies not vice versa

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

March 26th Update

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Except it doesn’t. The fact that people are able to do 2 dailies on update days means that update happens some time after dailies reset abeit a short time.

It coming out before the daily reset would also result in people being able to do them twice.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Its almost the 27th already here in Australia. I wish the rest of the world weren’t so ridiculously slow all the time.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

March 26th Update

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Its almost the 27th already here in Australia. I wish the rest of the world weren’t so ridiculously slow all the time.

Didn’t realize you were Aussie, mate. I’m down in Tassie.

I think we should just get the patch earlier than everyone else. lol

March 26th Update

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Indeed. We should be naturally chosen as the first recipient of patches and game releases. Well excluding New Zealand that is, they don’t really count.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

March 26th Update

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

It coming out before the daily reset would also result in people being able to do them twice.

Indeed! I did 2 dailies when the Feb update was released. I noticed this too late after the Jan update to finish the 2nd daily.

How did I do this?

In Europe the updates were released around 9 or 10pm local time on release day.
So, after I get home from work, I do the daily for that day as usual.

After the update, the daily is reset, and I have until 0100 to do the new reset daily. Then at 0100 the daily resets again as normal.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

March 26th Update

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Well, you can see from last month’s equivalent thread that it appears the patch went live very close to midnight on patch day (i.e., the end of the 26th) – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/When-will-the-patch-be-released-Merged/page/3

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

March 26th Update

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Indeed. We should be naturally chosen as the first recipient of patches and game releases. Well excluding New Zealand that is, they don’t really count.

Oh I beg to differ mate, you are living in the past (2 hours behind me), get with the times already! :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

March 26th Update

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

As every month … you can expect it to be released exactly at 23:59 Hawaii Time.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

March 26th Update

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

That’s what he said. In fact last month’s update was the first time you could “choose your own” dailies, and I did 5/9 and got the daily reward within the hour or so before server reset time, then did the daily after reset for two dailies in one day.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Mostly in like 12 more hours maybe will get the updates, anyway it will be nice someday they to post some info or any ETA of the hour, so all players around the world know if they can wait or just go to sleep.

Anyway in will be when its ready.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

March 26th Update

Posted by: Alk.4698

Alk.4698

When they already post the patch notes? Is it top secret?

drodel
Necromancer
Seafarer’s Rest

March 26th Update

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

All the other patches has been released around 11 PM GMT, Meaning about 12 hours from now

March 26th Update

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Always at midnight! (In where I am anyways…)

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

March 26th Update

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Are the patch notes released? I’ve heard some players talking about changes to professions, but I haven’t seen them.

March 26th Update

Posted by: HunterP.6102

HunterP.6102

In my experience the patches have gone live from 7pm to 8pm GMT, which puts it around 11am to 12pm in Washington where Anet are based.

March 26th Update

Cowrex.9564

Are the patch notes released? I’ve heard some players talking about changes to professions, but I haven’t seen them.

As for the patch notes, aren’t they always released after each update?

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

March 26th Update

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- Yes. I was wondering if there had been some sneak peek of upcoming changes that I missed.

March 26th Update

Cowrex.9564

- Yes. I was wondering if there had been some sneak peek of upcoming changes that I missed.

Ohh I see. Well, I haven’t seen any sneak peek so far so we’ll probably just have to wait for a day or two .

March 26th Update

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Just to clarify for those who don’t understand why this is possible.

The daily reset is a two part event. The local application handles the information displayed, but the server handles the permissions to advance and complete. (Try setting your compter’s internal clock ahead 6 hours and see what happens… It’s not good. You have the wrong table of choices, so nothing advances! Happened to me).

When they patch, they reset the permissions, allowing you to redo your dailies, and then when the server side resets permissions at the assigned time, you then receive your next set of dailies which would have come anyways.

So, yes, you would in fact get to complete your dailies twice IF you had already completed them before the patch was applied AND the patch was applied before the reset on the server.

Translation: if they patch before the server resets permissions to advance and complete dailies, you will have a short window of time to complete an additional set of dailies after the patch.

Now…. when have they patched in the past?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

March 26th Update

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

Last month they released the patch notes a couple hours before the patch went live, but that was the only time IIRC.

Hopefully they do the same today, there shouldn’t be too many major changes in the next couple of hours I wouldn’t think.

March 26th Update

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is no current time frame for today’s patch, however you can keep an eye on this via our official channels: FacebookTwitter, and of course our official website & forums.

This thread is now locked, thank you for your understanding.