Margonites Spotted ?!

Margonites Spotted ?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Today in Caudecus’ Manor I spotted a new quasi boss.

This boss was fleshy, unlike Margonites. She had a helmet and facial features very similar to that of Abaddon’s minions.

I stand by my assertion from last week: Abaddon is back or trying to be back. I wonder if Shiro will make an appearance?

Mesmerising Girl

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

So you found a wierd model and you didnt take a pic?

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

That’s just the Gladiator armor. Nothing special there.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Ithilwen.1529

Abaddon’s Glider is in the gem store;

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Abaddon%27s_Glider

I wonder if Shiro will return too?

Mesmerising Girl

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Abaddon’s Glider is in the gem store;

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Abaddon%27s_Glider

I wonder if Shiro will return too?

Shiro is a revenant legend so it will never happen.

Abaddon is dead and the devs said years ago that they regreat killing him.. so maybe they thought of a way to bring him back? CM is unrelated I’m pretty sure, but Abaddon’s got his fair share of spotlight these days.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Ithilwen.1529

Yes, I and many others killed him, ( in both hard and normal modes. )

My guess is that it’s a similar notion to the way Lazarus returned…

The elder dragons are Abaddon’s horcruxes maybe.

Mesmerising Girl

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

She had a helmet and facial features very similar to that of Abaddon’s minions.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Margonite%22_concept_art_1.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Margonite_Executioner.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Margonite_Bowmaster.jpg
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Margonite_healer.png
so if you indeed mean this:
http://imgur.com/a/jDiTY
then I fail to see any sort of claimed resemblance.

as for abaddon – he tried to be back 250 years ago – he’s dead now.
so unless he somehow smuggled a hidden piece of it’s conciousness in the knowledge kormir absorbed [akin to how mordry tried to smuggle himself into trehearne when we were busy tearing his mind apart] he is not going back

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Clisair.9052

Clisair.9052

Some of the gods had children so maybe Abaddon had one and some of his power too

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

This seems like too much of a stretch.

She’s wearing gladiator armor, but there’s no evidence that’s a margonite.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There is no Abaddon to come back. He wasnt defeated but destroyed utterly, with his power absorbed by Kormir. A power long thought to belong to so ething older he usurped.

I know the story is squiffy, but fitting Abaddon or Shiro in is beyond stretching it now.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is no Abaddon to come back. He wasnt defeated but destroyed utterly, with his power absorbed by Kormir. A power long thought to belong to so ething older he usurped.

I know the story is squiffy, but fitting Abaddon or Shiro in is beyond stretching it now.

He was the god of secrets, it wouldn’t be very surprising if he has more than a few.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Ithilwen.1529

Yes, I’m aware of the various arguments against it, including story continuity. I recently finished Nightfall. ( I went from gw2 to gw1 after seeing someone wearing a fiery dragon sword and asking them about it. )

Still, Lazarus returned after having been destroyed. My suspicion is that The Elder Dragons are Abaddon’s horcruxes. He is/was the God of Secrets and Lies. ( and magic more generally.) It would be a surprise if he did not have some weird backup plan.

Perhaps someone read The Apocrypha again. Or, we woke him by messing with the dragons.

If Abaddon were not returning there’d be little reason to create a glider or to bring him so much to the attention of players. That’s a bit too much to be a proper misdirect.

Also, the final vision of Balthazar in the Eye of Janthir is strongly reminiscent of EoTN visions. A sign that gw1 influences are returning to the story. Let’s not forget Livia.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Margonites Spotted ?!

Ithilwen.1529

Btw, we defeated Shiro and his lich buddy at the Margonite temple in The Realm of Torment.

Then again, we defeated him multiple times in Cantha too. It was never clear what happened to him.

Mesmerising Girl

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

He was the god of secrets, it wouldn’t be very surprising if he has more than a few.

He was, but all that knowledge and power passed to Kormir as she absorbed what essentially made him, as presumably he did with his predecessor (info unknown though). I suspect if there was a way he could somehow return, then she would have been aware of it.

As I understand it, Abaddon cannot be returned, because there is no Abaddon to be brought back.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Abaddon never died because he used the dragons as horcruxes. Balthazar is trying to keep him alive for some reason and keeping us from killing the dragons.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You mean like Kasmeer the human lie detector being a stand in, descendant or otherwise part god ?

I never would have guessed that.

Margonites Spotted ?!

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Abaddon is dead and the devs said years ago that they regreat killing him.. so maybe they thought of a way to bring him back? CM is unrelated I’m pretty sure, but Abaddon’s got his fair share of spotlight these days.

They did find a way to bring him back. Well, not him specifically but a naughty god. Enter Balthazar.