Mass thread merger hurts discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Yes, yes, this is a butthurt topic about how “My thread got merged into the megathread”

Here’s the thing though, the megathread proper is getting so many threads merged into it at this point that the thread itself is largely composed of people complaining about the gear treadmill, and any discussion proper is getting pretty buried. I had to work decently hard to even find my thread in there, and it wasn’t even on the last page. If I, the creator, who knew it was there had issues finding it immediately, dispite it being just merged, how would anyone who wanted to talk about it or had similar ideas?

It leads to repeat posts, and buries discussion under whatever the most thread mergers are, so, yeah, could you please merge only the threads saying the same things, instead of all that involve the same new addition?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah, it pretty much turns into a rant thread.

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Well atleast your post got merged. One of mine got deleted and is nowhere to be found lol. It was a good post too, with many replies and an ongoing discussion. Not sure why it even got deleted…i wrote them an email about it but have yet to hear back

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

I think that’s kinda partly why they’re merging all the threads to be honest.

I don’t recall them merging threads of people whining that there wasn’t a gear treadmill.

Next patch I expect ranked progression in WvW (cause I know when I play Chess, it’s only because after I’ve won a bunch I get to turn my pawns into queens and win even harder ’cause.. ’cause I SPENT THE TIME AND I GOT MY PROGRESSION AND IT MAKES THE GAME BETTER RIGHT)

Dunno, pretty sad and disappointed and pretty much think there won’t ever be an MMO I’ll ever want to play — they all keep turning into the exact same thing that I’ve already done and do not like.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

If anything more MMO forums need to merge threads unless they are significantly different.

In Aion, I must have wasted sooo many hours reading the same thing over and over again like manastone socketing etc…

Here, I can read all about it AND find all about a particular topic in one place, sooo much more organised!

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

With so many people upset about the same thing it becomes difficult to keep the forum in order. I wonder though, if they had not merged all the threads, what % of threads would be people unhappy with the idea of Ascended gear. Quite a lot I imagine

Just goes to show listening to people posting on forums is a terrible way to get “feedback” on your game. The amount of “feedback” they are getting now shows what a terrible idea this was, yet for the past 8 weeks there were soooo many threads asking for exactly this type of thing.

Before Ascended gear: Nothing wrong with game, everyone quite happy and playing it. Only a few idiot WoW kiddies moaning about “progression” when they finished the game by playing it 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 months. The community largely ignores them, Arenanet… Listens to them??

After Ascended gear: NO. WE DO NOT WANT THIS. Everyone who never normally posts on the forum comes along and rages. Hopefully, Arenanet… Listens to us??

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Next

Please keep all discussion about Ascension Gear in the following thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/

Doing so ensures all the feedback is able to be located quickly and efficiently.
Thanks

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Because if there isn’t a merged thread, there will be 4-5 threads about the same kitten thing. If anything it saves space for people who actually want to be constructive for the most part. I’d prefer a “Why does everyone hate Trahearne?” thread then 4-5 Ascended gear qq threads that are all about the same thing. If I was interested in that, I’d go to the merged thread.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

With so many people upset about the same thing it becomes difficult to keep the forum in order. I wonder though, if they had not merged all the threads, what % of threads would be people unhappy with the idea of Ascended gear. Quite a lot I imagine

Just goes to show listening to people posting on forums is a terrible way to get “feedback” on your game. The amount of “feedback” they are getting now shows what a terrible idea this was, yet for the past 8 weeks there were soooo many threads asking for exactly this type of thing.

Before Ascended gear: Nothing wrong with game, everyone quite happy and playing it. Only a few idiot WoW kiddies moaning about “progression” when they finished the game by playing it 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 months. The community largely ignores them, Arenanet… Listens to them??

After Ascended gear: NO. WE DO NOT WANT THIS. Everyone who never normally posts on the forum comes along and rages. Hopefully, Arenanet… Listens to us??

Why every MMO developer insists on killing their child to appease the lord of themepark MMO’s is beyond me.

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

Previous

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Thank you all for comments but as stated above please refer to the existing thread for anything related to the Ascended Gear.
Thanks.