Massive problem with legendary armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cevni.2049

Cevni.2049

I recently (patch day) acquired the full legendary armor, yet I was very disappointed as one of the crucial pieces of it was missing. The breather, there is currently no legendary breather in the game, something that should obviously have been part of the legendary armor, what’s the point of being able to stat- and runechange 6/7ths of my armor at will? As such I ask what the reason for this severe oversight is?

Cevni – Reaper – Hardcore Erotic Roleplay [ERP] Smallscale Underwater GvG enthusiast
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15zc8ImU3vnh_ASh4rpbsA

(edited by Cevni.2049)

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Raids have no underwater content. That is the answer I would say

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The last story even mocked us by saying “you’ll die if you touch the water” so I wouldn’t be too worried about the breather for the coming 25 years

Cevni.2049

The last story even mocked us by saying “you’ll die if you touch the water” so I wouldn’t be too worried about the breather for the coming 25 years

As a dedicated underwater WvW roamer, having my breather be futureproof for any coming statcombos and/or balance changes would have been a massive boon, I already had to deal with no underwater in the guild arena, which was a complete spit in the face of the active underwater GvG community.

Cevni – Reaper – Hardcore Erotic Roleplay [ERP] Smallscale Underwater GvG enthusiast

(edited by Cevni.2049)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

As a dedicated underwater WvW roamer, having my breather be futureproof for any coming statcombos and/or balance changes would have been a massive boon, I already had to deal with no underwater in the guild arena, which was a complete spit in the face of the active underwater GvG community.

I’ll be brutaly honest, the very big majority of players dislikes underwater combat. I’m afraid you might have to get ready to wait a very long time until this gets addressed (if at all) and I doubt many will share your plight.

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

You sir have made me very happy haha

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The “active underwater GvG community”? Were both of you very annoyed?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s long past time for ANet to eliminate breathers as part of gear — just make them a skin that appears (optionally) underwater and use the same stats (and rune) as in the helm.

Although I happen to like underwater combat, it’s clear that it’ incomplete. Revenants only have one weapon, many profs only have one usable elite, tons of runes don’t have any value underwater, and there’s all sorts of traits that break underwater. (And that’s without even addressing balance across profs.)

It’s also clear that ANet has no appetite for doing anything about it soon. They’ve removed underwater combat from PvP and WvW. They’ve reduced it in PvE and haven’t added any significant fights to the new zones.

tl;dr it’s not a massive problem with legendary armor — it’s a secondary problem due to underwater combat being incomplete.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cevni.2049

You sir have made me very happy haha

How so?

The “active underwater GvG community”? Were both of you very annoyed?

We might be a minority, but we all feel very strongly about this.

It’s long past time for ANet to eliminate breathers as part of gear — just make them a skin that appears (optionally) underwater and use the same stats (and rune) as in the helm.

Although I happen to like underwater combat, it’s clear that it’ incomplete. Revenants only have one weapon, many profs only have one usable elite, tons of runes don’t have any value underwater, and there’s all sorts of traits that break underwater. (And that’s without even addressing balance across profs.)

It’s also clear that ANet has no appetite for doing anything about it soon. They’ve removed underwater combat from PvP and WvW. They’ve reduced it in PvE and haven’t added any significant fights to the new zones.

tl;dr it’s not a massive problem with legendary armor — it’s a secondary problem due to underwater combat being incomplete.

Well the breather slot is indeed a bit superfluos, given that you don’t need a breather to breathe and it only replaces helm slot and has no other function. The recent addition of ascended breathers from fresh winterberries was good, as it finally added all statcombos to breathers.