"Master of Death" achievement challenge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

Just for fun I will start a challenge… Who can take the most damage?

Rules:

-You can die(and will probably need too)
-You have to get a screenshot showing the damage you have taken.
-The game you take the damage in must be GW2
-The person with the highest damage taken will earn the honorary achievement “Master of Death”
-No Photoshop(be legit)

I will wait to post my screen as it is ridiculously high amount of damage and I want to see what others get before posting it.

Have fun… dying =P

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Just for fun I will start a challenge… Who can take the most damage?

Rules:

-You can die(and will probably need too)
-You have to get a screenshot showing the damage you have taken.
-The game you take the damage in must be GW2
-The person with the highest damage taken will earn the honorary achievement “Master of Death”
-No Photoshop(be legit)

I will wait to post my screen as it is ridiculously high amount of damage and I want to see what others get before posting it.

Have fun… dying =P

Does falling damage count for this or must it be from a single enemy attack?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Deus Fatorum.2473

any damage falling, combat, whatever

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . now to find some person in WvW willing to hit me with siege weapons directly and see how that stacks up.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

. . . now to find some person in WvW willing to hit me with siege weapons directly and see how that stacks up.

Don’t forget vuln stacks and take of your armor

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Go to the Karka Hive and jump from the top. ^^ It’s a long way down. Don’t remember how much damage it was though. Someone try it, can’t do it myself right now (at work).

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Most falling damage I ever got was aroung 25-30K.

I won’t spoil where I got it, but when I post the pic you are welcome to do one better – if you can figure out the location.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: nemOsys.7106

nemOsys.7106

Challenge accepted!

Edit: added another. took a second attempt from the same spot.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: mbab.8597

mbab.8597

was lazy to edit location of the fall =P

http://i49.tinypic.com/xop7y8.jpg

Posted by: Alk Trio Fan.6357

Alk Trio Fan.6357

I managed to bug, I think through lag once, slipped of an edge but got caught for a while while still falling, then it catapulted me into the ground for an epic 5 million damage. Wish I had screenshotted it now!

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Oh wow! That is so much damage that it should kill nearby players.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’ve been wondering how much damage you would get for jumping from the top of Mount Doom. I had wanted to do it once the destroyer popped up and try to land on him with the warrior fall trait.

Most I’ve done, is in the 120-130,000 damage, which was falling all the way to the rock/ground that had the chest in the Mad King dungeon (I think that was also with the fall damage trait up, so it probably was double that).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Ive taken well over 2million. But im afraid it may be difficult to replicate.

Basically do fractal of the mists, then on the level with the colossus, when you reach the wind heads, jump off the side. Im not sure how I did it, but I bypassed the “instant-downed and teleport” thing and fell, and fell, and fell, and fell, couldnt even see my character model. In fact, on my screen I was back where you go if you do get downed. But I was dead. And strangely enough still taking damage. About 20 seconds later my “body” must have hit some floor, because I was struck for slightly over 2million damage, while dead.

Assuming you can replicate it, its probably the furthest possible fall, even more than mount maelstrom or rata sum.

Deus Fatorum.2473

I shall now post my fall, and raise the bar a little…

…I really want to see this beaten

Attachments:

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I don’t think falling damage should be counted, IMO, since it scales based on a user’s HP. And besides, it’s the obvious best way to get big numbers.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I managed to bug, I think through lag once, slipped of an edge but got caught for a while while still falling, then it catapulted me into the ground for an epic 5 million damage. Wish I had screenshotted it now!

That’s nothing. This one time I got hit by Hundred Blades.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

don’t legendary defenders in wvw do like 10 million damage a shot?

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Me jumping from the council level to the bottom of Rata Sum without hitting anything on the way down.

I would really like to know where you have to jump from to take 9 million damage though.

Attachments:

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: AnonEMouse.7932

AnonEMouse.7932

Highest damage I’ve had is 1.6 million..

Attachments:

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I shall now post my fall, and raise the bar a little…

…I really want to see this beaten

Raises two questions do you fall faster with full bags?

Did you bounce?

Ulfar SOR

Zenyatoo.4059

sometimes I wish fall damage didnt scale with hp. It’s rather hard to rack up fall damage when warriors get double yours just because they have higher base…

Attachments:

Deus Fatorum.2473

sometimes I wish fall damage didnt scale with hp. It’s rather hard to rack up fall damage when warriors get double yours just because they have higher base…

You my friend have most definitely bested me, awesome job getting the Master of death achievement… now can anyone best this?

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

It’s going to be tough to beat anyone falling from jade maw or other fotm. What was the damage from falling from the airship in Arah story? Not sure if it was quite the fall as jade maw, but perhaps close

Zenyatoo.4059

You my friend have most definitely bested me, awesome job getting the Master of death achievement… now can anyone best this?

Any warrior should be able to beat me. Keep in mind fall damage does scale with your hp. (The same height fall will always kill people assuming no fall damage trait, even though they have differing hp’s. Falls that hit me for 18k can do upwards of 33k on warriors specced for vitality. So in theory my fall of 11million should do more on a warrior specced for vitality)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Go to the Karka Hive and jump from the top. ^^ It’s a long way down. Don’t remember how much damage it was though. Someone try it, can’t do it myself right now (at work).

Actually I think the highest drop is off the mount maelstrom vista in to the volcano.

Posted by: Anagna.8376

Anagna.8376

Most I got was around 450k from the Uncategorised Fractal bugging out and falling all the way to the ground.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

So your warrior friend should survive higher falls instead? Can’t have the caek and eat it

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Zenyatoo.4059

So your warrior friend should survive higher falls instead? Can’t have the caek and eat it

compromise by not giving classes with highest base hp fall damage traits. ;p They dont need them if it didnt scale! ;o