Mastery Leveling Change Request

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Hi,

I would like to request a change where experience gained anywhere in the world should level up any mastery, no matter whether it is Central Tyria or HoT mastery.

Mastery points collection should stay as it is.

Since I play fractals and dungeons 95% of my time, huge amount of xp is going to waste, while HoT masteries aren’t getting leveled, sadly.

So, why is it that by playing the game I cannot level any mastery? Once I level them, I can freely navigate HoT maps, should I so want.

Imho, restriction on gaining experience towards masteries by regions isn’t necessary.

Thank you

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

While it would be nice for this to happen it really wouldn’t make sense or be fair to those who have levelled up their HOT masteries in those maps.

Think about it, what do the HOT masteries give you? Pretty much ALL (except gliding which I can think of) of the HOT masteries give you bonuses or rewards to help you while in those maps. Mushroom jumping, Speed boosts, talking to the new races etc. So it makes perfect sense to “learn” or “unlock” all of that while you are facing those challenges and content.

Gliding could be thought of as the same since at first we could only glide in those maps as well but then anet were kind enough to also let us use it in core Tyria and we should never forget that.

So in summary all I can say is, you bought HOT and you want to enjoy those rewards so go and play that content and have fun while doing so! That was not meant to sound rude but yeah that’s pretty much what it is lol.

Edit:

Actually what it sounds like is you want to skip all the content and get to all the rewards. Compare it to someone else making a similar post along these lines:

“I want to play Fractals but I don’t want to level up my Fractal level from doing Fractals. Can’t I level it up while doing dungeons, WvW etc and then once I have mastered it go back and do the level 100 Fractal when I feel like it?”

Again, does not really make much sense does it?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Doubt it’s going to happen this far along and especially with the upcoming LS3 episode next week which should award plenty of experience.