Mastery Reset

Mastery Reset

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

Please can we have a mastery reset option … im sure there are lots of people who like myself didn’t fully understand the system and limitations/ time sink to achieve all that are needed, to max out… so casuals needed to be savy with picking the correct lines…. but many of us made mistakes, and there is no option to reset since HOT was released.

Mastery Reset

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Early on I might’ve agreed with you, but with LW3 and the recent insights added to central tyria, it has never been easier to max out on mastery points.

Mastery Reset

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wonder if this is even possible. I know Anet have said before some things can’t be reset at all (for example they apparently can’t remove skins from the wardrobe) and others cause serious problems when they’ve tried, like resetting your personal story progress.

But I don’t think it’s a big deal for most people because most of the masteries get more situation-specific and limited in their use as they go along.

I’m still missing the last 2 tiers of Itzel and Nuhoch Lore and the whole Raid line and it’s not been a problem for me at all. I think the only high-tier mastery I really felt like I needed was Advanced Gliding because the indefinite gliding makes a huge difference to how you can use the ability. All the others, once you’ve got the first 2, maybe 3 tiers, it’s not a big deal whether you unlock it or not.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mastery Reset

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

It will be a massive issue if the mount skills are hidden behind hours of mastery progression, so casual people are penalized. I still haven’t got all the current mastery done after over a year of HOT, do i want to wait that time frame to get access to mounts?
I love GW2, but i have a job working 12 hours a day as a paramedic… im sure lots of other people are in the same position. I accept you need to put the time in for cool elite stuff, but these skills and stuff that limit the ability to enjoy the new areas i find im being forced to grind to keep up.

Mastery Reset

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

they will be behind mastery progression, but not HoT masteries I’d bet, so a mastery reset wouldn’t make a difference.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |