Mastery rank. Please explain.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vollezar.8160

Vollezar.8160

I’ve read the wiki and I understand how masteries work. What I don’t understand is how Mastery rank progresses (the EXP bar) I’ve leveled just fine up until rank 22. Since then the bar filled 4 or 5 times but the rank remains at 22. It just starts over. I don’t understand how I can reach 23.
Thanks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You gain Mastery Ranks increase by spending Mastery Points, not by acquiring XP. You do have to acquire XP to fill the Mastery/XP bar to be able to spend the points, but the Rank only increases by spending Mastery Points, and the Rank increases by the number of Mastery Points spent (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, etc.).

Good luck.

Posted by: Vollezar.8160

Vollezar.8160

Ah. Got it. I wasn’t paying attention to how I was leveling that. Only noticed the number yesterday and today realised that the number remained the same even though the bar filled in a few times since yesterday. Gonna have to use up some of those points, I guess.

Thank You.

Posted by: Lord Franieck.3264

Lord Franieck.3264

Would be cool if you could get mastery point by farming tokens (traded against further xp) or anyway at all that wouldn’t involve achievements

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Also, Mastery is Account based and only kicks in at Lvl 80. Before that you are sill advancing in individual character levels.