Materials storage suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naeleen.7601

Naeleen.7601

Greetings,

I would like to request (and I’m pretty sure a lot of players agree with most of the suggestions below) that certain materials be added to the materials storage. It’s been a long time and we still hoard them in our account banks or character inventories, taking up unnecessary space. And almost all of them mentioned below are used in crafting recipes. Even the mystic clovers, which are not used in any crafting recipe at all, earned their personal slot in the materials storage! I’d like to encourage players who see this thread and agree with the suggestions, don’t hesitate to post your opinion.

The materials are:
- Milling Basin
- Copper Doubloon
- Silver Doubloon
- Gold Doubloon
- Platinum Doubloon
- Bottle of Elonian Wine
- Amalgamated Gemstone
- Shimmering Crystal
- Tenebrous Crystal
- Blade Shard
- Agony Infusions (all +’s if possible, else at least the +1’s)

Lastly, perhaps you could consider converting certain “keys” used to open map chests into currencies in the wallet (I’d assume it’s more complicated to create a new “key storage” window, hence why I suggest wallet currencies), to avoid having to transfer all of them across characters, should a player decides to play a different profession. For ease of use, they could appear as currency at the bottom of the inventory window, depending on which map the character is located in, similarly to how Airship Parts appear in the inventory when we are in Verdant Brink:
- Zephyrite Lockpick
- Bandit Skeleton Key
- Key of Greater Nightmares
- Pact Crowbar
- Exalted Key (why does this still come with a blue name? all other keys have a yellow name :P)
- Vial of Chak Acid
- Machete

If you like the ideas please post below and share your opinions!

(edited by Naeleen.7601)

Posted by: Myralien.6754

Myralien.6754

100% support this.
The problem was “slightly” alleviated with the extra account slots but seeing as the keys act as a currency anyhow, they should really be added to the currency tab.

I’d even suggest material storage slots for legendary gifts too… map completion in HoT is relatively quick and you end up with a fair few minor gifts scattered all over

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not sure about Agony, since that’s a lot of space, but I doubt anyone is going to argue about more mat space and a key ring. The devs also said they liked the idea of a key ring, but wasn’t something currently looking to be developed.

I do think we will see one though

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The top list: absolutely. With the exception of agony infusions, it’s long overdue to store items used as material in the material tab.

As for keys, ANet has said a key ring isn’t something that they can easily add. If that’s so, how about a third tab in account vault, for things like keys that we have to store some place, but end up getting added|removed from the main tab all the time. That would resolve the issue of convenient storage, leaving the issue of convenience & accessibility for another day.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I like the idea of the mats (Milling basin I made the mistake of buying a whole stack at once), and the keyring. But, the Silverwastes shovels wouldn’t be a good idea, since they’re consumables (though including the ability to stow them for a refund on the item would be nice)

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I’ve always thought blade shards and Doubloons should have had material slots, and if I knew some of those others better, I might classify them as the same. Agony infusions might be pushing it a little, even if the +1s ARE slightly more abundant than dirt. (At most, only that specific kind should go in.)

I kinda don’t think the keys would work as currencies; every single currency on the Wallet list is in some form spent as such in a standard vendor interface. Keys, you use to open containers. From this standpoint, it makes more sense to keep them as an item, not as a currency (you cannot use currencies for anything other than purchasing; they had to make a distinct form of fractal relics to be used for the Forge recipes requiring such).

The increasing amount of keys does seem to warrant something be done for them – a ‘key ring’, as others have said – and we can hope the devs find a way to make it work. But it would not work in the Wallet.

Posted by: Waleed Agelmar.5614

Waleed Agelmar.5614

There is also a lot of crafted items that are also used as materials for other recipes (I’m thinking about cooking in particular, but most if not all disciplines have those).

It would be great if everything with the “crafting material” label had its own storage slot.

Keys are not much of an issue to me, but I like the keyring idea.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I’d agree with the basins, doubloons, gemstones, blade shards and crystals. There is not much need for accumulating large numbers of the others. My opinion.

Naeleen.7601

@archmagus.7249: Yes you are correct, I totally forgot how Silverwastes Shovels function. I was just looking the items in my inventory and was like "..and you use these shovels for bandit chests, so they are “keys” " :P. Gonna scratch that out of the list.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I agree with adding material storage for all on the OP list, except the agony resists. And an account-wide key ring for all they key type items would be greatly appreciated too.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

There’s also crystalline bottles, which you buy from the master scribe. Possibly other scribe stuff as well.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Love the list… especially the blade shards. If it were possible, I’d love to add to the list gifts and mystic forge stones.

~EW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Fuly support it on both counts.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Naeleen.7601

Love the list… especially the blade shards. If it were possible, I’d love to add to the list gifts and mystic forge stones.
~EW

Usually items used in the mystic forge are ones you don’t casually acquire in large quantities. Mystic Forge Stones and Gifts are not used for crafting (i.e. at a crafting station), thus although somewhat convenient, I doubt putting them in the materials storage will be much productive or useful.