Matrix Key suggestion

Matrix Key suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

I have an idea for an icon that would show over someones head if they have the Matrix Key when in Metrica Province and in their inventory. For each charge it shows a number in the icon too perhaps.

The reason is so many times people say they have the key and if they don’t have a bank golem or what ever on them to bank it they want to be the one to open the hole after Fire Elemental for the Steam golem but many times someone else will open it instead. You are left either jumping in with your key breaking and feeling like you did all the work to get all 4 charges on your key for nothing .. or holding onto the key and not jumping into the hole and wishing you had a bank on you.

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Or just eat the loss and go pick up another key?

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Or just eat the loss and go pick up another key?

Well, I mean, why should they? It seems silly that jumping into an instance someone else opened with their key should render your key less useful. While I think the icon solution is a little more complicated than necessary, there should probably be a mechanism in place so that the only key that is impacted by the instance being unlocked is the one that’s actually used.

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’ve found that you can sometimes unlock it without a key if you can get enough players to jump up and down at the entrance. Try it next time. You may be surprised.

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve found that you can sometimes unlock it without a key if you can get enough players to jump up and down at the entrance. Try it next time. You may be surprised.

Also, did you know that the word gullible isn’t in the dictionary?

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Also, did you know that the word gullible isn’t in the dictionary?

You may mock but in my totally completely scientific tests, the first twice I tried it not many players jumped and we did not get in but the third time loads of us jumped and did get in. I guess there could be some sort of other explanation, like paranormal activity or alien intervention, but I think we can all agree that those scenarios are extremely unlikely and that there is no other possible explanation. After all, science is truth.

Now, where did I put that dictionary…

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Having the key break wouldn’t matter as much if they were easier to come by. I don’t mind having to charge them up, it’s finding the kittened things that’s the problem.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If the issue is the matrix key disappearing from your inventory when some other player uses it, wouldn’t the simplest solution be to…no longer have the key disappear unless it’s used?

However, I don’t think it’s a big enough issue for ANet to work on anytime soon.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Having the key break wouldn’t matter as much if they were easier to come by. I don’t mind having to charge them up, it’s finding the kittened things that’s the problem.

Had most of the spawn locations memorized long ago.

If the issue is the matrix key disappearing from your inventory when some other player uses it, wouldn’t the simplest solution be to…no longer have the key disappear unless it’s used?

However, I don’t think it’s a big enough issue for ANet to work on anytime soon.

It doesn’t disappear from your inventory when some other player uses it. It gets replaced by a destroyed version IF you jump on the platform with the key in your inventory.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I believe the reason it does so, is so that players cant repeatedly farm the steam ogre by charging 20-30 keys in one go.

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I believe the reason it does so, is so that players cant repeatedly farm the steam ogre by charging 20-30 keys in one go.

Apoarently it’s already blocked from doing this. There is a cooldown period after using a key where one can’t be used again. (Information from an thread on the forum where one guild was doing this event before the Fire Ele and it blocked people from doing it after the Fire Ele).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: RosiesRed.1974

RosiesRed.1974

Just waypoint over to the crafting stations in Metrica (can’t remember which) and put the key in your bank. Then, when you come back to the map, go back over there and pick it up.

Matrix Key suggestion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Apoarently it’s already blocked from doing this. There is a cooldown period after using a key where one can’t be used again. (Information from an thread on the forum where one guild was doing this event before the Fire Ele and it blocked people from doing it after the Fire Ele).

This is a bit … goofy.

You can not drop the shield using the key. That has a approximately 18 or 20 minute cooldown. On the other hand you can get back on the platform through other means and then you can do the fight again quicker.