Mature audience is no longer supported in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loiterer.4235

Loiterer.4235

I started a lil’ charr guardian. Got her to level fifteen. After six deaths and a dozen or so downed states which almost ended in death. How do I activate this secret faceroll mode the OP mentions?

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Guardian is too OP.

Nerf pls.

wink

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Sorry, this looks like a large (dull) wall of woe-is-me I’m bored of playing mmo’s. There’s a lot of “should of,” “couldn’t you,” and “back in my day” but no exact explanations or examples.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Classic signs of immaturity:

— Determining maturity based on age
— Being demanded to be treated as a mature person (Hint: That usually doesn’t get the job done)

Considering the most pathetic fits I’ve seen are thrown by fully grown adults (And If I were to just guess age based on forum posts around here, it would seem like these forums are filled with children, but that’s a silly assumption.), I really don’t think you should really suggest stuff based on ages. Furthermore, the whole thing reeks of a false dilemma that only catering to a mature audience (whatever that definition is) is the only possible road as opposed to kid/casual friendly banal nonsense. But it’s okay, you’ll learn more about the flaws in these thoughts as you go to college and/or become exposed to the real world. Oh which, btw, I should really expose the other signs of immaturity, I just displayed

— Hypocrisy
— A insecure, condescending attitude displayed towards large groups of people that they consider lower (in this case, younger than them, thinking that they are too naive/inexperienced)

Not to mention a lot of challenging games made back in the ol’ days were meant to challenge children. Ironically, content of that difficulty would make many adults cry. You guys really have it easy. Ah, crap, my fingers hurt now, and I’ll be back after I fix my hearing aid.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Guild Wars 1 was too complicated for a whole lot of people. But this doesn’t have anything to do with maturity. In fact, I’d think mature people would be more tolerant of people who aren’t quite as good, and need the extra help.

Very well stated. This and many similar threads just sound "I am too “pro” for “normal” players/GW2" rather than any true indication of maturity. Helping the beginner or “lesser” player is rather much more mature than putting him/her down for not being my “hardcore-equal” who doesn’t need any “hand-holding”.

In general, being confident about yourself is awesome, but flaunting your self-perceived “superiority” over “the masses” is not bound to win you many supporters, much less indicate that you are a “mature” player.

My apologies; just the way the thread (and this mentality, really) comes across. I do like challenges, but can’t quite agree with the general tone of the OP.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I started a lil’ charr guardian. Got her to level fifteen. After six deaths and a dozen or so downed states which almost ended in death. How do I activate this secret faceroll mode the OP mentions?

Are you new to the game? Are you someone with experience in traditional MMO’s? If so, it’s possible that you may be approaching the game as you would another MMO, in which defense is largely passive (i.e., your armor and dice rolls for things like block and dodge).

GW2 defense is largely active. In addition to the active dodges that all characters have, Guardians have blocks, reflection, blinds, protection, etc. that all have to be activated at the right time.

Most of those complaining in this thread are veterans. They’ve leveled at least one, and maybe many characters. They know the mob moves and the profession skills. They also have to resources to make sure their new characters are geared up to their current level more frequently.

Thus, like in most games, the way to activate easier mode is through knowledge and gold.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Guild Wars 1 was too complicated for a whole lot of people. But this doesn’t have anything to do with maturity. In fact, I’d think mature people would be more tolerant of people who aren’t quite as good, and need the extra help.

Very well stated. This and many similar threads just sound "I am too “pro” for “normal” players/GW2" rather than any true indication of maturity. Helping the beginner or “lesser” player is rather much more mature than putting him/her down for not being my “hardcore-equal” who doesn’t need any “hand-holding”.

In general, being confident about yourself is awesome, but flaunting your self-perceived “superiority” over “the masses” is not bound to win you many supporters, much less indicate that you are a “mature” player.

My apologies; just the way the thread (and this mentality, really) comes across. I do like challenges, but can’t quite agree with the general tone of the OP.

Beginners do need help – true – but sadly only very few of them become hardcore.
That’s why they’re looked down upon by the very good players. Because ultimately becoming very good at a game has less to do with being taught and more to do with the amount of time and effort you’re willing to put in.

Nobody held my hand when I started gaming – or when I started GW1. I read, tried, tested, read some more and built myself up to where I’m currently at by sticking at it every day. Sometimes all day. Sometimes not.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Loiterer.4235

Loiterer.4235

Are you new to the game? Are you someone with experience in traditional MMO’s? If so, it’s possible that you may be approaching the game as you would another MMO, in which defense is largely passive (i.e., your armor and dice rolls for things like block and dodge).

GW2 defense is largely active. In addition to the active dodges that all characters have, Guardians have blocks, reflection, blinds, protection, etc. that all have to be activated at the right time.

I did play once but quit a long time ago and only now have come back so the system isn’t entirely new to me. Also experienced both the WoW and the Wildstar kind of combat but at the end of the day it never mattered much as due to certain physical limitations I’m a clicker and a keyboard turner.

I’ll always be behind the curve.

That being said, I didn’t mean to complain but merely tried and seemingly failed to illustrate with a bit of sarcasm that there’s no fair measure of difficulty as it’s a very subjective matter.

What the OP judges to be insultingly easy, some will find too difficult or a proper challenge thus the complaint “game is for kids” is not only extrapolated but also somewhat redundant.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.