Max items still 250 with TP V2.0?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gilles VI.2149

Gilles VI.2149

So as the title says, we still won’t be able to trade more than 250 items at once with the TP V2.0?

I think it’s a very annoying feature and they didn’t say anything about it in the anouncement so I think we may forget a quick and convenient TP…

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

They will always be stacks of 250. Google why this happens. It’s interesting stuff.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Gilles VI.2149

The only reason I found was because 250 is smaller/easier to code, does that really mean gameplay should suffer?

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

How does gameplay suffer when you can only trade 25o at a time. Not everybody can shell out RL money for more storage space. Some of us have lives and jobs out side of Tyria. So it is understandable that the limit would be set with the majority of players whose space is still 25o with out the extenders.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Same question. Can i buy 2500 ores without 10 fast clicks in one second?

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

How does gameplay suffer when you can only trade 25o at a time. Not everybody can shell out RL money for more storage space. Some of us have lives and jobs out side of Tyria. So it is understandable that the limit would be set with the majority of players whose space is still 25o with out the extenders.

just no

when i wanna buy 50.000 from something than the tradepost should handle this and just buy hidden 50.000/250 stacks for me

same with selling

there is absolut no reason why the player should handle this

Gilles VI.2149

Exactly as you say, I’m a full-time student and don’t have hours to spend, yet when I want to buy 50k mithril ore I’m busy for almost 45mins…

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Why do you even want 50k mithril ore? That’s a completely unreasonable amount for most people’s needs. If I had to guess why you’re limited to a stack at a time, I’m guessing it’s so TP flippers can’t buy out an entire stock of items at once.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

It was fine in the beginning when you needed only limited amounts to craft a item.

But now with the item inflation in crafting it is not, you need more than 250 silk for one damask, you need more than 250 clockwork pieces for several recipes, …

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Did you ever try to craft hundreds of items.

I did.

http://i.imgur.com/gm9xi0V.jpg

Many times. Not best experience.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If it was up to me, I’d lower the volume to 50 or 100. If not for having control mechanism’s like stack volume, I’d have daily trading fee’s increase with volume. So be thankful they left it at 250.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So as the title says, we still won’t be able to trade more than 250 items at once with the TP V2.0?

I think it’s a very annoying feature and they didn’t say anything about it in the anouncement so I think we may forget a quick and convenient TP…

Red post confirms its still limited to 250.

A few clarifications:

‘Delivery Box’ available anywhere means anywhere in the Trading UI. Not Anywhere in the world (unless you’re using a Trading Post Express summon). If you are at a Black Lion Trader NPC you can now pick up purchases without leaving the filtered buy screen. You can pick up items/funds you cancel without leaving the transactions screen. That sort of thing. You can see an order complete and know what item was delivered while you’re still browsing other categories.

‘Get More Gold’ button simply connects to the existing Currency Exchange. It’s not a new feature, just a more connected UI.

250 is still the max stack size used for a single sale/purchase.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Gilles VI.2149

Why do you even want 50k mithril ore? That’s a completely unreasonable amount for most people’s needs. If I had to guess why you’re limited to a stack at a time, I’m guessing it’s so TP flippers can’t buy out an entire stock of items at once.

And yet because of what I do with those 50k mithril ore, precursor prices are being kept reasonable, I can’t control what others do, but I place my sell orders reasonably..

Gilles VI.2149

If it was up to me, I’d lower the volume to 50 or 100. If not for having control mechanism’s like stack volume, I’d have daily trading fee’s increase with volume. So be thankful they left it at 250.

So why would you lower the volume to 50 or 100? Just to spite other players that like to analyse the market and find a small profit?
In other mmo’s like runescape there was no limit, and no trading fee, and the TP was doing fine.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Yes, and they will not change the 250 count, either. If you want more you can buy stack upgrades per 250

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I wouldn’t expect (veteran) flippers to even use the in-game UI. By using an app or by accessing the TP directly from your browser, 50k mithril ore can be purchased in about a second.

This suggestion for example:

when i wanna buy 50.000 from something than the tradepost should handle this and just buy hidden 50.000/250 stacks for me

… I added as extra functionality to the trading post roughly a year ago when I was working on an open TP project. The result was, you were greeted with a flock of birds.

Gilles VI.2149

I wouldn’t expect (veteran) flippers to even use the in-game UI. By using an app or by accessing the TP directly from your browser, 50k mithril ore can be purchased in about a second.

This suggestion for example:

… I added as extra functionality to the trading post roughly a year ago when I was working on an open TP project. The result was, you were greeted with a flock of birds.

How would I acces the TP directly in my browser or via an app?

Gilles VI.2149

Yes, and they will not change the 250 count, either. If you want more you can buy stack upgrades per 250

Are you even reading the thread? We’re talking about buying items per 250 on the TP, not the collections tab.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I need 1200 silk scraps for my next piece of ascended armor. It’d be nice to order it one time vs four orders of 250 and one order of 200.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

250, it’s because of 4 character binary coding, I think.

It could be 256 per stack.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.