Maximum TP sale listings

Maximum TP sale listings

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

Researched this around with no clear answer. So, do anyone know how many sale listings can you have on the TP? Is there a maximum or will it bug out at some point? How much is too much? I’d like to do some experimental stuff but don’t want my TP to become unusable…

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

i got about 3 milion things listed, and it have not bugged for me yet.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dont think so. I have about 900k items listed on the tp atm. Searching your sell listings in the tp UI takes a bit longer though, as you have to click the load more button plenty of times…

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: ValeN.3129

ValeN.3129

It seriously allow you to list 900 thousand stuff? I was thinking there was going to be some kind of restriction after 1 thousand stacks or something. There is absolutely nothing preventing someone to speculate in this manner? I don’t understand how supply of some items are so low if that’s possible.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I don’t believe there is a maximum listed limit, there’s only a limit as to how fast you can list items.

I have never hit any sort of maximum listed items limit in my 3 years of playing so far

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It seriously allow you to list 900 thousand stuff? I was thinking there was going to be some kind of restriction after 1 thousand stacks or something. There is absolutely nothing preventing someone to speculate in this manner? I don’t understand how supply of some items are so low if that’s possible.

plenty of times, this kind of speculation actually helps in times of demand spikes. Taking the sigil of mischief for example, if some speculators wouldnt have put in buy orders in copper value during its first year of existance, alot more sigils would have been sold to vendor and ultimatively be destroyed. All those sigils that were bought during that time are probably the reason that the sigils are still way cheaper on the tp than their forging value.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

The highest amount you can list a single item at is 10,000 gold. But I think you have to list it as 9,999g 99s 99c. So this is speculation but maybe you can’t exceed that with your total amount of listings. That’s probably not true since I’m sure there’s someone out there trying to sell multiple legendaries.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The highest amount you can list a single item at is 10,000 gold. But I think you have to list it as 9,999g 99s 99c. So this is speculation but maybe you can’t exceed that with your total amount of listings. That’s probably not true since I’m sure there’s someone out there trying to sell multiple legendaries.

I suspect they did that to limit how high the price of items can go, and therefore limit the effects of inflation. They tried something similar in GW1 by restricting how much gold you could trade in one go. In that game it didn’t really work because there was nothing like the TP, only direct trade which allowed both sides to offer both gold and items so people just used valuable items as currency to get around the limit. In this game it’s more likely to work because an item would have to be both hugely valuable and so rare you don’t have a hope of seeing one on the TP (which has never happened) for someone to risk trading that kind of money via mail.

But that has nothing to do with how much gold an individual can have, or can trade, so it seems unlikely they’d apply the same limit across all of a person’s transactions.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I suspect they did that to limit how high the price of items can go, and therefore limit the effects of inflation. They tried something similar in GW1 by restricting how much gold you could trade in one go. In that game it didn’t really work because there was nothing like the TP, only direct trade which allowed both sides to offer both gold and items so people just used valuable items as currency to get around the limit. In this game it’s more likely to work because an item would have to be both hugely valuable and so rare you don’t have a hope of seeing one on the TP (which has never happened) for someone to risk trading that kind of money via mail.

But that has nothing to do with how much gold an individual can have, or can trade, so it seems unlikely they’d apply the same limit across all of a person’s transactions.

Yeah, ectos were used as currency…. which blew my mind when I came to GW2 and saw how cheap they are by comparison to GW1.

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yeah it’s kind of funny. Although I think ecto is easier to get in this game, which also helps keep the price down.

There’s even a reference to ecto trading in Rata Novus, with one of the asura complaining about humans being stupid enough to use unstable and dangerous materials as currency.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Maximum TP sale listings

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yeah, ectos were used as currency…. which blew my mind when I came to GW2 and saw how cheap they are by comparison to GW1.

Ectos in GW1 cannot be compared to ectos in GW2: aside from the name, they have nothing in common. In particular, GW1 ectos were direct drops from a fraction of foes in a fraction of GW1 instances, whereas GW2 ectos are a guaranteed result from salvaging enough rare or exotic pieces of gear.

Further, the demand for alternative currency is different in the two games. In GW1, there was a relatively small limit on coin offered in trade. GW2 doesn’t have the same need, because the TP is used for nearly all trades and the TP’s coin limit is relatively high, because there are only 2-3 high-demand items rare enough to enjoy that offer amount.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”