Maybe its not that different after all.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

So last 2 months all im doing is making up excuses to keep playing GW2 instead of returning to god forsaken WoW, but all my excuses have been broken except 1) Devs actually balance PVP 2) Theres no kitten healers in PVP.
1) Blizz actually started to balance more PVP in MOP, and gw2 pvp has stayed as balanced as it has been, im not saying its not balanced but imo it isnt any more balanced then it was at release.
2) I actually start to doubt this one, playing against guardians who you cant just kill in 1v1 feels pretty same as trying to kill healer in wow.
Since release only actually extreme change to improve this game was removing orbs from wvwvw so really dont understand what happened to anets original attitude towards improving the game in every way they can.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

2 months is not a lot of time. Especially compared to any other game that has had years to get their legs under them.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Alex Sanchez.6792

Alex Sanchez.6792

If you want to go back to World of Warcraft, then do so. No monthly fee means you can play both if you want to.

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

+1 for the guardians. Really annoying, you’re about to kill him, he casts a skill, he got all his life back. You burst it again, he does the same thing…

And when I escape a group of ennemies, they just hit me again and again and kill me (ranger) and I only have a poor skill to heal 1/3 of my life. But when a guardian tries to escape, he just heals & run and that’s endless.

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

If you can’t kill a guardian in PvP, then you ain’t doing it right.

Leeto.1570

I prefer paying subscription cause then devs at least worry about their players quitting, feel like anet is just gonna try to make their next expansion look awesome and then forget about players for another year. Im still patriotic about anet beeing best devs but i cant keep lying to myself forever… I stopped PVE once i understood that tutorial bosses are best bosses in whole game, stopped wvwvw when i understood that nothing matter cause the best server will always be with most players at most times, and now PVP is starting to let me down cause it starts to become build wars.

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

I prefer paying subscription cause then devs at least worry about their players quitting, feel like anet is just gonna try to make their next expansion look awesome and then forget about players for another year. Im still patriotic about anet beeing best devs but i cant keep lying to myself forever… I stopped PVE once i understood that tutorial bosses are best bosses in whole game, stopped wvwvw when i understood that nothing matter cause the best server will always be with most players at most times, and now PVP is starting to let me down cause it starts to become build wars.

Build Wars? I suppose getting epic raid gear to steamroll players is the best option, like all the other MMOs do?

Guild Wars was always about finding the build that suit you best.

I wont even comment on the tutorial bosses…

Leeto.1570

Build Wars? I suppose getting epic raid gear to steamroll players is the best option, like all the other MMOs do?

Only bads always thought that its about gear in wow, i always played with the pvp gear you farmed from battlegrounds and never had problems. And ye its build wars, i have 1 good build for necro, 1 for engi, 3 for guardian, 2 for elementalist and so on… if you really want to play what you prefer then get ready to be farmed in tourneys.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Late breaking bulletin that may give the OP something to look forward to, it appears there are lots of changes coming in the next patch to professions, ostensibly these changes would have the potential to tweak pvp abilities:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/12wne4/according_to_jon_peters_profession_part_of/

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Turtlemilk.1064

Turtlemilk.1064

Only bads always thought that its about gear in wow, i always played with the pvp gear you farmed from battlegrounds and never had problems. And ye its build wars, i have 1 good build for necro, 1 for engi, 3 for guardian, 2 for elementalist and so on… if you really want to play what you prefer then get ready to be farmed in tourneys.

I quit Mists of Pandaria because of how abhorrently broken the PvP is. You’d think that after seven years it would be well-tuned, but nope.

Posted by: fractal.7039

fractal.7039

+1 for the guardians. Really annoying, you’re about to kill him, he casts a skill, he got all his life back. You burst it again, he does the same thing…

And when I escape a group of ennemies, they just hit me again and again and kill me (ranger) and I only have a poor skill to heal 1/3 of my life. But when a guardian tries to escape, he just heals & run and that’s endless.

Yet if you go into the Thief class area… Guardians cry rivers of tears that Thief can kill them so fast they can’t react.

..so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

If you read patch notes, you’ll see guardian has been nerfed repeatedly. So has thief.

I really don’t see WoW as being in the same league as GW2. It’s more the era of Runescape, EQ2, GW1, SWG — and very successful for that era of a game.

GW2 is more comparable to Rift, Tera, SWTOR.

Posted by: Turtlemilk.1064

Turtlemilk.1064

If you read patch notes, you’ll see guardian has been nerfed repeatedly. So has thief.

I really don’t see WoW as being in the same league as GW2. It’s more the era of Runescape, EQ2, GW1, SWG — and very successful for that era of a game.

GW2 is more comparable to Rift, Tera, SWTOR.

It’s because WoW is still (and has been) the most popular and successful MMO.