Maze Balm Glitch

Maze Balm Glitch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Okay, so I had a bunch of these saved up from Halloween and have heard about farming ToT bags. So last week I tried to use them and nothing happened. I throw the balm at an ambient (name it white letters) creature and nothing happens…??? Do I need to go to a lower zone or is there a glitch?

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They don’t work in instances and the ambient has to have white text.

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: TeddieJ.2495

TeddieJ.2495

AFAIK they work in instances.. its just won’t drop ToT bags. Also the ambient creature should not be part of the quest/hearts related.

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

also from what I’ve seen it doesn’t work with the tropical bird ambients (like in Southsun)

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

You need to go to one of the known farming points where there are plenty of white-text ambient critters that you can throw maize balm at to your heart’s content, such as down in Bloodtide Coast. I forget the exact name of the WP even though I was there yesterday :P but it’s the one down in the southwest of the zone where the Priory is trying to treat the diseased quaggans.

Maze Balm Glitch

Ayrilana.1396

AFAIK they work in instances.. its just won’t drop ToT bags. Also the ambient creature should not be part of the quest/hearts related.

Yeah. That’s why I said it doesn’t work as they won’t drop loot. I wasted a couple of the consumables until I figured that out. It would have been perfect though as you have your own personal instance and won’t disrupt players doing the hearts.

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Yeah. That’s why I said it doesn’t work as they won’t drop loot. I wasted a couple of the consumables until I figured that out. It would have been perfect though as you have your own personal instance and won’t disrupt players doing the hearts.

Farming is pretty much disabled in instances completely.

Maze Balm Glitch

Ayrilana.1396

Farming is pretty much disabled in instances completely.

Yeah, with the one exception being the one during Halloween.

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I think it still works in Swamp fractal. Havent tried for ages though.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Well, I tried it on an ambient rabbit (white letters in name) in Snowden Drifts…no luck. oh well.

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

You should see what it does to the chickens in Ebonhawk.

(run for your life!)

Maze Balm Glitch

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It should work on any ambient creature, outside of instances.

When you throw it are you making sure the ambient/s are within the green circle? If they’re on an uneven surface or even just a slope it can seem like you hit them when you didn’t. The best way to make sure is to hold down ctrl and position the camera almost directly overhead so you can see exactly where they are and where you’re aiming.

Also make sure you have utility skills that deal damage, or some other way to kill the candy corn elementals when they appear (like a ranger pet, necro minion etc.) because each maize balm has 3 uses and you can’t use your weapon skills until you’ve used up all 3, but you’re unlikely to find enough ambients in one spot to use them all in one go. If you unequip it you’ll lose the remaining uses.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”