Meager Rewards for Fractals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fiennis.4387

Fiennis.4387

I feel this subject has pobably been beaten to death but as a returning player I don’t understand how this content gives so little reward in comparison to a SINGLE dungeon path. It makes no sense. A full fractal scale completion is a waste of time compared to doing dungeons if one were looking to get gold. Most of the more appreciable rewards are account bound and can’t be resold. Most of the ascended rings are the furthest thing from the current meta, ie. trash that is sold to the merchant for a few silver.

The effort is completely disproportionate to the reward. A single dungeon path can net around one gold or more and can take mere minutes in a good group. An entire fractal scale can take four times as long and have the reward of a single dungeon path when it comes to gold reward. The other rewards available are completely RNG based, not to mention rare or not at all. There isn’t even a token reward system like dungeons where one could get the fractal weapon skins they wanted from a vendor with the appropriate currency.

My suggestion? Offer some gold per level of fractals per scale. Example:

Fractal scale 20
Lvl 1 – 20 silver
Lvl 2 – 40 silver
Lvl 3 – 60 silver

Fractal scale 40
Lvl 1 – 40 silver
Lvl 2 – 80 silver
Lvl 3- 1 Gold, 60 silver

And the above is a very conservative suggestion in my opinion, especially with regard to fractals higher than 30.

Final boss reward often gives nothing more than pristine fractal relics and the final cash reward. That’s very disappointing especially after a pug 49/50 that’s taken over an hour.

There’s a reason fractals is dead compared to dungeon runs – it’s not worth the time and effort, especially if you’re looking to pug. Plenty of people don’t even bother unless it’s the daily. And for content that actually demands a party to coordinate and work together, that’s pretty sad.

(edited by Fiennis.4387)

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

But your suggestions just revive fractals with tones of farmers. We don’t need more farmers in fractals, we need people who want to play, cause it’s fun to play

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

It`s been beaten to death, yeah, but i agree with that. I enjoy fractals but getting little to no rewards is pretty disincentivizing. Sure, I`ll do them once in a while or when there`s double daily but thats all.

When sometimes I have limited time to play I`d rather do SW/few dungeon paths (which I also enjoy) rather than fractals just becouse rewards are non-existent.

Fiennis.4387

Bwe need people who want to play, cause it’s fun to play

That’s why I do it. Pretty much the only thing in this game where i actually have to pay attention. Too bad playing fun and somewhat more challenging content puts me at a disadvantage.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It`s been beaten to death, yeah, but i agree with that. I enjoy fractals but getting little to no rewards is pretty disincentivizing. Sure, I`ll do them once in a while or when there`s double daily but thats all.

When sometimes I have limited time to play I`d rather do SW/few dungeon paths (which I also enjoy) rather than fractals just becouse rewards are non-existent.

My feelings exactly. And I don’t consider farming and fun to be mutually exclusive.

Fiennis.4387

Hell, we don’t even get the large exp boost after completing fractals that we do in dungeons.

Posted by: Wargrave.4936

Wargrave.4936

I would never say fractals are dead. I can pretty much pug a 50 when my main group is not on when ever I want. The pug groups i been getting have been very good lately (about hour run)and in past 20 runs I say I ran into one elitist, telling people how to play, even as he died to most…

The rewards seems fine. I get 6ish rares, an exotic or 2, 1g 40silver?, two types of currency that other stuff could be added for down the line (save up!), and a chance at a really neat weapon skin.

Sur ive yet to get one i want and doubles of ones i already have. This will just make it more rewarding when i do start getting ones i want ( sword,dagger, focus). Till than I will enjoy doing the fractals that yield pretty decent reward for an hour of game time.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Sur ive yet to get one i want and doubles of ones i already have. This will just make it more rewarding when i do start getting ones i want ( sword,dagger, focus). Till than I will enjoy doing the fractals that yield pretty decent reward for an hour of game time.

Then your expectations are a lot lower than most people, the reward for an hour in fractals is shockingly poor compared to just about any other part of the game, in that same hour you could run 4 or 5 dungeon paths ( more if you had a good SC group ) which would yield 10-15G + drops,

Its that bad that you could actually take the same hour and go harvest nodes, ( Iron, plat, wood ) and still make more gold than the fractal.

In that same hour you could ( im guessing do about 100-150 chests in SW’s, don’t quote me on that as I don’t do the chest farming ) which gives 150 champ bags, T6 crafting, obi shards, etc etc etc

Compared to just about any other part of the game, fractals are the worst content for any form of loot, they are no where near rewarding, which is why the numbers for people running them have declined more and more as each month passes.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

But your suggestions just revive fractals with tones of farmers. We don’t need more farmers in fractals, we need people who want to play, cause it’s fun to play

Here sir, have my +1

Posted by: Wargrave.4936

Wargrave.4936

Then your expectations are a lot lower than most people, the reward for an hour in fractals is shockingly poor compared to just about any other part of the game, in that same hour you could run 4 or 5 dungeon paths ( more if you had a good SC group ) which would yield 10-15G + drops,

Its that bad that you could actually take the same hour and go harvest nodes, ( Iron, plat, wood ) and still make more gold than the fractal.

In that same hour you could ( im guessing do about 100-150 chests in SW’s, don’t quote me on that as I don’t do the chest farming ) which gives 150 champ bags, T6 crafting, obi shards, etc etc etc

Compared to just about any other part of the game, fractals are the worst content for any form of loot, they are no where near rewarding, which is why the numbers for people running them have declined more and more as each month passes.

Yes and those other choices have a 0% chance of a fractal skin, something I like. The game has options for a reason certain things appeal more to others than you. People need to grind out most gold/profit in the time they play. I find that just sad in a video game. I rather enjoy it.