Medium Armor Styles

Medium Armor Styles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

Hey everyone, I have a Ranger Charr and I’m trying to find the best looking chest armor for him.

I noticed almost ALL the armors are trench coats ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Charr_medium_armor ). I wanted something sleeveless, but no cape/jacket thing. The Order of Whispers and Kodan armor are great, but they have something that goes to the legs.

The Glorious seems to be ok, but has sleeves. Anyone have any suggestion for medium armor?

And so, I ask the devs to read this as a suggestion to the new HoT armors, a nice non trench coat medium armor! (and Charr-wearable, if you know what I mean hehe)

This is MADNESS!!!

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Since everyone has their own personal tastes in fashion, it’s probably best (and easiest) to look at the wardrobe which can be accessed through a tab in the bank or crafting stations.

that_shaman has already datamined several medium armor sets a while back expected to come out in HoT. Some of them are trenchcoats, but there is a new non-trenchoat medium armor (at least for female human). I hope this is true for both male an female of all races though because they sometimes like to give humanoid females a non-trenchcoat option for what is otherwise a trenchcoat for everyone else.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2tzdky/datamined_that_shaman_female_medium_armor/

Golden shackles are still golden.

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Not sure you’ll find anything that fits every criteria you have.

If you were just looking for a coatless look, I’d say the T3 cultural chestpiece would be a good choice. The full set of T3 DOES have a coat / skirt, but unlike most its attached to the leggings and not the chest. So the T3 chest along with basically any normal pants will give you a look with no skirt / coat whatsoever. But that one does have sleeves on the upper arms and wraps on the lower, so that won’t give you the bare arm look you want. Plus I’m not sure if you want to mix and match.

The Gem Store Viper’s Armor set has one completely bare arm if you hide shoulder armor and gloves. Its not entirely without a coat, but what it does have is pretty minimal. So that’s a possibility.

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think your best bet is to use the wardrobe in game to preview them all and see which you like best.

Remember to hide the shoulders and gloves first, since those can add a lot to the arms too (for example the Heritage coat has wrapping around one arm, then the gloves cover the other one).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Medium Armor Styles

hgkmaxymus.9321

Since everyone has their own personal tastes in fashion, it’s probably best (and easiest) to look at the wardrobe which can be accessed through a tab in the bank or crafting stations.

that_shaman has already datamined several medium armor sets a while back expected to come out in HoT. Some of them are trenchcoats, but there is a new non-trenchoat medium armor (at least for female human). I hope this is true for both male an female of all races though because they sometimes like to give humanoid females a non-trenchcoat option for what is otherwise a trenchcoat for everyone else.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2tzdky/datamined_that_shaman_female_medium_armor/

Yeah, I do use the bank wardrobe to see every armor and when I posted (I was at work, so no in-game access hehe) I forgot to add the T3 Cultural (as Electro pointed above). It is indeed nice and I kinda liked, but it didn’t fit well :/ It looks more like a warrior haha (yeah, sometimes I can’t find anything that matches :P)

I forgot about that_shaman’s datamines from HoT! I’ll have to check it again, thanks for the remind!

I think ANET did as always, female Human/Norn/Sylvari receives over-sensualized armor and female Charr and Asuras receives the male version :P Luckily, I prefer male toons.

Not sure you’ll find anything that fits every criteria you have.

If you were just looking for a coatless look, I’d say the T3 cultural chestpiece would be a good choice. The full set of T3 DOES have a coat / skirt, but unlike most its attached to the leggings and not the chest. So the T3 chest along with basically any normal pants will give you a look with no skirt / coat whatsoever. But that one does have sleeves on the upper arms and wraps on the lower, so that won’t give you the bare arm look you want. Plus I’m not sure if you want to mix and match.

The Gem Store Viper’s Armor set has one completely bare arm if you hide shoulder armor and gloves. Its not entirely without a coat, but what it does have is pretty minimal. So that’s a possibility.

Thanks for reminding me about the T3, I was at work, so had no access in-game to the wardrobe to check the chest only option.

Viper is a gem store armor, is nice and all, but only for the chest is too much. Tried to check the other parts of the armor with other toons, but no go.

The T3 is on my list of possibilities, but I didn’t like it seemed like a warrior kind of thing. Will need to check again hehe

I think your best bet is to use the wardrobe in game to preview them all and see which you like best.

Remember to hide the shoulders and gloves first, since those can add a lot to the arms too (for example the Heritage coat has wrapping around one arm, then the gloves cover the other one).

Yeah, I check the wardrobe every now and then, but could not find anything that tasted great (for me, ofc). With the help of you guys I can maybe rethink some pieces, like the T3 I had forgotten (and also to remind the devs that not everyone likes coats hehe)

Thank you all for the help, I will still look up for other possibilities (and the T3 is on my list haha).

This is MADNESS!!!

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

“…I have a Ranger Charr…”

My condolences.

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

yeah the trench coats and hip-enhacing skirts of the heavy armor characters for males are one of the reason why a lot of my males end up wearing an outfit in general (because it more practical and the but/hip region is hidden this way or the other).
With charrs the problem is, 1. that they look totally laughable in the most outfits (male charr in daydreamer’s finest, I look at you! :I You’ve got FUR everywhere, it makes no sense to highlight your chest) and everything that goes over the butt clips with the tail.
Sadly, the main model is human, so the most armor models (except cultural) look weird and distorted on charr.

I think Anet is doing this, because they’re American…Americans seem to be a bit sensitive when it comes to seeing male bits and butts.
With making all their cloths so long that they hide the butt and the “interesting region” so much that the character is basically wearing a skirt, a loincloth/metal undies and at least a coat to cover the butt in some way or the other, they make their clothing even more safe so they don’t get sued by gamer parents. Some parents probably wouldn’t like it, when their son plays a male thief in bra, hotpants and suspender stockings…even if it is a fluffy, 2 m big, talking cat.
jokes aside, it makes it probably a bit easier for animation and models too, because you don’t have to care for the males center region not looking awkard or weird.

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I sympathise with you OP. I have a Charr Engineer, I hate trench coats and skirts + tail clipping with nearly all of them.
I use the Order of Whispers chest, but recently bought the Exemplar outfit, which he now uses because it has no skirt/trench/very little tail clip.

Kitten.

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: DesertSong.5603

DesertSong.5603

I wish there was medium armor resembling something like this. Sleeveless and without a coat

Attachments:

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Doesn’t the Carapace(/Luminescent) medium chest armor fit what you want?

Medium Armor Styles

hgkmaxymus.9321

I sympathise with you OP. I have a Charr Engineer, I hate trench coats and skirts + tail clipping with nearly all of them.
I use the Order of Whispers chest, but recently bought the Exemplar outfit, which he now uses because it has no skirt/trench/very little tail clip.

I have the Noble Outfit, I am still trying to stick to armors and not outfits, but maybe I could give it a go afterall hehe

I wish there was medium armor resembling something like this. Sleeveless and without a coat

Yeah, that would be great :P
I like the Vigil light chest armor, but it goes to the legs region :p
My necro is using it atm (attached, dont mind the crazy look hehe I like the noble outfit on him)

Doesn’t the Carapace(/Luminescent) medium chest armor fit what you want?

Almost. It goes a little to the legs and have sleeves :/

Attachments:

This is MADNESS!!!

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Since it’s a charr. I would suggest just going through the wardrobe and mix and match until you find something you like. But there is also charr cultural you can try out.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Since it’s a charr. I would suggest just going through the wardrobe and mix and match until you find something you like. But there is also charr cultural you can try out.

yea the charr cultural medium armos are actually only really made for rangers in the first place with the designs (cause kitten thiefes and the class that lore wise got developed by the charr in the first place amirite?)

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I’d like to see more medium armor like this, especially if the thief elite turns out to be monk-like. More vests, less full-blown trench coats, more fingerless gloves, maybe some shoes that are open-toed (again, kind of a monk style). I think it’d look good for a druid too.

Attachments:

Medium Armor Styles

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I like the Armor of the Koda for my Ranger (it has one sleeve though, so compromise?).

The total set is a combination of Koda and Falconer (human racial T2)

Also, fun fact: The Armor of the Koda set is one of the few armor sets that, when they only provide armor for the right arm or the left arm, provides it on the left arm. That’s actually more realistic for the right handed, considering most fighting styles would put your right side away from the enemy.

Attachments:

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Medium Armor Styles

hgkmaxymus.9321

I like the Armor of the Koda for my Ranger (it has one sleeve though, so compromise?).

The total set is a combination of Koda and Falconer (human racial T2)

Also, fun fact: The Armor of the Koda set is one of the few armor sets that, when they only provide armor for the right arm or the left arm, provides it on the left arm. That’s actually more realistic for the right handed, considering most fighting styles would put your right side away from the enemy.

Yeah, that’s why I like the Koda set
I might still get it, while they don’t provide a nice armor like the ones you guys suggested, it’s a “partial sleeveless” chest and the coat part is not that huge on Charrs. My plan is to get the Koda (chest, maybe leg) and Arah (shoulder, gloves and feet) armors.

Let’s see. Thanks for the input!

This is MADNESS!!!