in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Meet and greet in Seattle

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Nice! I live 2 blocks away from the Tap House and I have the day off for ECCC

<edit>I take that back. It’s the Seattle Tap House and not the one in Bellevue. Still going!!!</edit>

(edited by Zimlobo.3962)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’d go if I lived in Seattle. Meeting these guys would be very insightful, and I’d love to sit down at some point with Rob and talk dungeon design.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I’m in Vancouver. It’s about a 3 hour drive so I am seriously debating it. I’m just not sure it’s worth taking a day of PTO yet….

Rising Dusk.2408

You could probably get away with working extra hours earlier in the week and taking off early on Friday to make the drive. Depends on your company, but if I were only 3 hours away, that’s what I’d do.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Ever going to come to Little Rock Arkansas?? =( I’ll not get my hopes up.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

If only my motorbike had floats…

And a 5236 km tank range…

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

This is a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I’m totally going to be there!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Zidane.9824

Zidane.9824

10 min away…..mmmh i might just swing by.

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Make sure you bonk someone in the back of the head with the camera. Not hard or anything, just enough to show your uncontrolled mechanics.
I’m kidding… I kid!
(shakes head)

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I would LOVE to be there! But I’m like 7821 kilometers (4859 miles) away. It’s a 14 hour trip by air.

Those of you going, take some pics and share them here.

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

Darn, will be in Seattle for the Sakura-Con at the end of march! hope you all put on something for that too!

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

My husband and I will try to be there [we live in Seattle] . I would like it better if there was some kind of ticket or card to print out.

(edited by Seraki.2753)

Zimlobo.3962

I’m bringing this thread back to life because we’re only 4 days away!!!

Here’s what my ECCC schedule is looking like. How about you?

.:People and Booths:.

Fiona Staples (Artis – Saga) | Table: U-01
Comixology 2101
Dark Horse 1102
The Oatmeal 1202
Geek And Sundry & Paul and Storm – Gaming Exhibitors Area

.:Friday:.

2:00PM Doors Open – Get in line for FELICIA DAY

FELICIA DAY
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
3:00PM

BILLY DEE WILLIAMS
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
Start: 4:00PM

Show Floor

CHRISTOPHER LLOYD
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
Start: 6:00PM

STAR WARS – THE VOICE ACTOR SHOW
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
7:00PM

Guild Wars 2 Community Meet and Greet
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Tap House Grill
1506 Sixth Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98101

.:Saturday:.

PAUL & STORM VS. WIL WHEATON: THE CAGEMATCH!
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
10:30AM

JHONEN VASQUEZ – MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER?
HALL A (611-614)
12:30PM

FROM THE PAGES OF HELLBOY: A CONVERSATION WITH MIKE MIGNOLA
HALL B (608-610)
4:10PM

CARRIE FISHER: SHOCKAHOLIC
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
6:00PM

ECCC COSTUME PARTY – SECRET CRISIS OF INFINITE COSTUME WARS
MAIN HALL (6ABC)
8:00PM

.:Sunday:.

CREATING COMICS THE COMIXOLOGY WAY: FEATURING ATOMIC ROBO
HALL A (611-614)
1:30PM

DOOM!!! TALKING WITH RICHARD HOREVITZ AND RIKKI SIMONS
HALL A (611-614)
3:30PM

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Glad to see that some of our forum community members are planning on going. It’s only a few more days away!

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Moxic.5892

Moxic.5892

Reddit Refugees will be there, at least some of us. Plus the Seattle Tap House has excellent beer, so it’s especially hard to pass up (Russian River Brewing ftw).

Rising Dusk.2408

I wish I could do this. You guys should come out east for some conventions and do a similar event. I’d love to show you guys the bars in Maryland, haha; first few rounds on me!

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

FFFooooOOOOoooo… I’m jealous of Washingtonians now: they get the Meet & Greet and a cool law that legalized something that a Sylvari would cultivate, grow and spread, much like love.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Manoa.5897

Anyone else coming tonight?

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Shion.4386

Shion.4386

I am! I’m really looking forward to this =D Hopefully there will be enough room for everyone who wants to come to get in!

Shion Takagi 80 Elementalist – Sohi Takagi 80 Guardian
Hien Takagi 80 Warrior – Mai Takagi 80 Mesmer
Yak’s Bend :: The Goober Confederacy [GOOB] Guild Leader

Manoa.5897

I’m crossing my fingers it won’t be nearly as chaotic as the launch party.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

Just got back from the Meet and Greet in Seattle, had a really good time

Special thanks to Evan Lesh (“Evan Number 1”) and Evan Teicheira (“Superior Evan”) for being super fun to talk to.

Special apology to who was mysteriously referred to as “other Evan”, whom I did not get to meet.

Great big thanks to all of Anet staff for hosting the event! I hope to attend any additional ones you may hold in the future!

Edit: Oh yeah, to the extremely nice Arena Net lady who took our picture with Evan Teicheira (I’m the d-bag with the black cap, and my girlie is the asian chick with glasses) please post it!

(edited by FluffyFox.2756)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Did any one record any thing it would of been fun to see what was all talked about.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

FluffyFox.2756

Yes, actually. There was a video of the Q and A that was done, I’m sure they’ll post it

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Yes, actually. There was a video of the Q and A that was done, I’m sure they’ll post it

Thank you for the heads up i cant wait to see it you should point out if you show up!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Manoa.5897

Just got back from the M&G myself and had an absolutely wonderful time. Met some awesome folks from the Fort Aspenwood server who guest on my server on occasion and hope we’ll be able to touch base in-game sometime in the future. If you guys are reading this, don’t forget about our server’s Orr temple event on Saturdays at 6pm server time! Hope to see you guys there tomorrow! Thanks ArenaNet for hosting this!

Also here’s some pics from the event…

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

The internet is suspiciously quite after the meet and greet…

I’d like to know what was said at the Q&A.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Takes a while to get online afterwards. They recorded the main Q&A session. It should be online after they do their editing.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Azjenco.9425

Takes a while to get online afterwards. They recorded the main Q&A session. It should be online after they do their editing.

Brilliant! Can’t wait.

FluffyFox.2756

Any news on if that video will be posted yet or not?

Manoa.5897

I haven’t seen anything yet, but hope it gets posted as well. The sound system wasn’t all that great for the Q&A and it was pretty much impossible to hear any of the questions or answers. My boyfriend was in the line for questions (sadly the line was cut off before he could ask his question) and said that even he couldn’t hear anything from the Q&A line (which is about as good as it possibly could get as far as positioning in the room). The vast majority of the room just gave up trying to hear anything and went back to meetin’ and greeting with their fellow players during the Q&A session. Hope they post it so we can finally hear what the players asked and the ArenaNet folks shared!

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I kind of like how ArenaNet connects to it’s playerbase through various things especially in the community meet and greet. Some may hate me for this but this just shows that they do care for the players just as they do from before.

Anyways, what did they talk about in the Community Meet and Greet? Any special info?

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Manoa.5897

The only bit from the Q&A that I was really able to hear (somewhat) was the first two question in the session. The first was a question about the new guild missions and the barrier to entry for small tightly-knit guilds due to the high influence cost. It sounded like there was some explanation about what the original intent was for the guild mission system (but couldn’t really make it out), but I did hear the bit where the ANet folks acknowledged that they are well aware of the feedback and are looking into it. There was also a question about female roles in Charr society and it sounded like the answer was pretty much an explanation of the story of Kalla Scorchrazor. Beyond that, I just couldn’t hear a darn thing.

Henge of Denravi

FluffyFox.2756

Same here I was really disappointed that it was so hard to hear!

I think someone even asked about Engie turrets, which has been a hot topic for me since the game’s launch!

Azjenco.9425

So, is the Q&A information still coming or what?

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Did they answer any of the really good, tough questions? Or was it all about fluff? Who was there?

Manoa.5897

Sharing my posts from the other M&G thread (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Community-Meet-and-Greet)…

I haven’t seen anything yet, but hope it gets posted as well. The sound system wasn’t all that great for the Q&A and it was pretty much impossible to hear any of the questions or answers. My boyfriend was in the line for questions (sadly the line was cut off before he could ask his question) and said that even he couldn’t hear anything from the Q&A line (which is about as good as it possibly could get as far as positioning in the room). The vast majority of the room just gave up trying to hear anything and went back to meetin’ and greeting with their fellow players during the Q&A session. Hope they post it so we can finally hear what the players asked and the ArenaNet folks shared!

The only bit from the Q&A that I was really able to hear (somewhat) was the first two question in the session. The first was a question about the new guild missions and the barrier to entry for small tightly-knit guilds due to the high influence cost. It sounded like there was some explanation about what the original intent was for the guild mission system (but couldn’t really make it out), but I did hear the bit where the ANet folks acknowledged that they are well aware of the feedback and are looking into it. There was also a question about female roles in Charr society and it sounded like the answer was pretty much an explanation of the story of Kalla Scorchrazor. Beyond that, I just couldn’t hear a darn thing.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Shion.4386

Shion.4386

Dear ArenaNet,

Thank you so much for putting together this meet and greet! It was really fun and much more than I had expected. Not only did you take into consideration those who were not attendees of ECCC by hosting it off site, but you also provided food and drink which in quantity and quality was far and above what was expected.

It was great listening to the Q&A even though towards the end I could barley hear dispute being right next to you guys. (Really, who comes to a Q&A to have their own side conversations?… but I digress.) I feel like we didn’t quite get the answers we were looking for in regards to some of our questions (you guys must be swimming in lists…), but in regards to others it was quite interesting listening to what the process is like and your feelings in regards to how things are going.

You really do seem to care about your playerbase which is something we are incredibly thankful for. I personally hope we are able to see more events like this in the future and I believe I can speak for a good number of us in saying that you have put together a really great game and we are looking forward to what you guys bring out in future content!

-Shion

Shion Takagi 80 Elementalist – Sohi Takagi 80 Guardian
Hien Takagi 80 Warrior – Mai Takagi 80 Mesmer
Yak’s Bend :: The Goober Confederacy [GOOB] Guild Leader

Azjenco.9425

Didn’t someone create a transcript or something. I mean, someone somewhere must have a recording of what was being said and can clean it up a bit. I keep on feeling some important information was being throw about and those of us who couldn’t be there are left in the dark.

Or what’s the point of having a Q&A that less than 100 people can listen to, half of whom probably weren’t even listening as they went about their business. Although from the sound of it, barely 10 people heard what was actually discussed, so a proper transcript would be nice.

Zimlobo.3962

Thank you ArenaNet!!!

The Meet and Greet was fantastic. I talked to a bunch of great fellow players and it was wonderful to have the opportunity to meet the people that make this amazing game happen. If you were unable to attend please give ArenaNet some time to get the video up, or at least some QA notes, the audio must have been a tough one to capture in a bar on a Friday night. I highly recommend the community put together their own meetups and post pictures. It’s fun to get together with some strangers and talk about Guild Wars

Manoa.5897

(Really, who comes to a Q&A to have their own side conversations?… but I digress.)

To be fair…

1. It was advertised as a M&G, not a Q&A. So folks came to do do meetin’ and greetin’ with the devs and their fellow players. The Q&A was an unexpected perk. Those who were having their side conversations (which was the vast majority of the room) didn’t come to a Q&A with the purposeful intent to talk and ruin other people’s fun.

2. Those who attended tried their best to be quiet and listen at the beginning of the Q&A. But unfortunately, the sound system just was completely inadequate for the Q&A and pretty much the entire room could not hear anything whatsoever (questions and answers). Even those at the very front (like who were in line for the Q&A) couldn’t hear anything. So everyone gave up and went back to what they were doing before the Q&A (meetin’ and greetin’ with their fellow players). They talking to be jerks. With the lack of the option of being able to listen and/or participate in the Q&A, they made do with the only option available to them.

Hopefully, next time the sound system used will be a bit more up to the task so such things don’t happen again.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Posted by: steveoxcore.9472

steveoxcore.9472

A-Net! You folks sure put on an awesome party this last Friday. Its always amazing to meet in person the people that made the game you love as well as the people who play it (even if they are on your rival server! Go IOJ). I was wondering when we might see the pics and videos of the event! Mainly cause I did my best to Photo bomb EVERY Photo! Thanks again A-net!

Stingray

Manoa.5897

Psst…there’s two other threads on the M&G already (albeit a wee bit buried).

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Meet-and-greet-in-Seattle

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Community-Meet-and-Greet

But yes, it was a mighty fine time and I very much look forward to seeing the pics and the Q&A video.

EDIT…Topics merged! Thanks mods!

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Is there any audio available?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

SynfulChaot.3169

Other than ArenaNet recording it, I believe I saw another individual with recording equipment. Give them time. The Q&A will come online when the editing/transcoding is done.

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

They better do some Q and especially ANSWERS on the forum.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

SynfulChaot.3169

I’d prefer letting them spend more time on the game itself instead of on answering and getting hounded by everyone on the forums.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d prefer letting them spend more time on the game itself instead of on answering and getting hounded by everyone on the forums.

They definitely should be spending more time on the game, but as long as they do it while visibly disconnected from the community, i cannot hope that it will be time spent well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

If only you guys would come to Belgium

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Azjenco.9425

Still really eager to see if anything new was said at the Q&A.