Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I just seen this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Upcoming-mega-boss-chest-change/first#post1656442

Looks like the overflows for dragons is going away.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

<- goes buying ectos before the price rise up

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Does this mean that the guarenteed drop is always a rare or is an exotic possible from this?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

everybody will do this so the market will be even more flooded with ecto’s after the change.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Ecto has just risen by one silver in 30 seconds. I watched

Mad guys have started buying stocks.

(PS: too bad I have no gold left, already spent everything on my legendary^^)

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Mega Boss loot changes

Hjorje.9453

The day of the patch release is going to be fun to watch on the TP. I can already see that going crazy. I need to get off of work so I can buy some before the price goes up.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

Good. No more overflows.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I wonder why they are not making this change NOW and wait for the end of the month patch…

Mega Boss loot changes

Hjorje.9453

At least they are giving us some notice about it, instead of just posting it on the patch notes. This should help keep the rage at a low level since we know it is coming ahead of time.

Hjorje

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

Fine change by me.
Never had a day where I could complete the 9 bosses on the timer site.

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Talondir.4965

Talondir.4965

This is a proper response to the abusive use of guesting but please keep in mind that on high population servers that there will still be overflow (even if guesting was turned off) due to the quality of loot still being worth the 5 minute event. With it being Account bound that should help with the number of players at any given event, although certain times on certain worlds may still be a crap shoot.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Does that mean I can get a chest each day for each dragon? Or only rares from ONE dragon?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Prices now up 5s as of this writing. Actually thinking of leaving work now to buy a few. Looks like supply has been cut in half.

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Does that mean I can get a chest each day for each dragon? Or only rares from ONE dragon?

A rare loot chest for each dragon & other mega boss events. Can only get it on one toon however, so no more alt farming.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

I think one special chest per mega-boss per account…

“…each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest (visually similar to daily achievement reward chests) that can only be acquired once per day across an account.”

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It means that there is, once again, no good reason to have an alt.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Between the dr system, laurel system, this most recent change, etc etc etc it really seems Anet dislikes anyone having alts period. Not a big fan of this nerf it just seems like punishing us because they can’t get there own loot sytem right.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Saw this coming a mile away. Here’s hoping the next time they buff loot drops in a meaningful way it actually sticks.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Cheers. Maybe I can do events on my server again.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Seems like a good change to me mostly. I really didn’t mind ecto prices tanking but I didn’t farm chests on alts anyhow so this just means more money for me hopefully:)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Questions I’d like a dev answer to:

1) I, and many others, didn’t see a rare 100%. It wasn’t “guaranteed”. Is it now?

2) What about people get multiple rares? I’ve seen up to three.

3) What about the exotic rate, will this be limited to the “daily chest” or still the normal one?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Prices now up 5s as of this writing. Actually thinking of leaving work now to buy a few. Looks like supply has been cut in half.

Seriously, I could buy 50 for ten gold a couple days ago. Now the price is 16 gold for 50 and rising.

Sheesh.

Gone to Reddit.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

everybody will do this so the market will be even more flooded with ecto’s after the change.

Ya it should be funny to watch every one sell there ecto they are buying now at the same time.
This dose not effect me at all and will not effect most players of GW2 it will only hit the ppl who where trying to make as much gold as they could.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

A great change to a huge problem!

Mega Boss loot changes

Amun Ra.6435

Seriously, I could buy 50 for ten gold a couple days ago. Now the price is 16 gold for 50 and rising.

Sheesh.

Prices now up 10s, that was very fast.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Saint.4952

Saint.4952

I was hoping for something like this, excellent update.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

yesterday i sold 250 ectos. price raised from 25 to 33….. come on…. this game rly starts to freak me out. latest changes just created anger and content updates r a joke….

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Vollendung.5163

Vollendung.5163

Everyone is buying Ecto and make no profit and I buy rare items <24 silver and make profit.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Keileia.4832

Keileia.4832

The way I understand it is that you’ll still be able to get the 1 boss chest per character that contains a random assortment of loot. But you’ll only be able to get 1 guaranteed yellow item per day. Which means you can still do all the bosses on each character. You just wont be guaranteed 50 yellows if you do 10 bosses on 5 characters. The yellow rate from the “normal” chest will be the normal yellow drop rate. So you may get a yellow or you may not :p

SO! basically they stopped people from farming maw 100 times a day by limiting the chests per character. But to compensate they gave people a guaranteed rare thinking they’d only do like ~ 10 per day. But it turns out people ended up doing 50 per day! So now they realised that people would start to abuse it they reverted chest loot back to normal :p

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Lame. They finally had a decent reward for building up alts and now just like laurels, having alts will be meaningless to advancement.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mega Boss loot changes

TooBz.3065

There is no “abusing it.” They set the rules and put the incentives in place and we respond accordingly.

If loot drops weren’t so generally miserable changes like this wouldn’t cause the problems they do.

Going from “you may get 1 rare drop every 2-3 weeks” to “you are guaranteed a rare from each boss chest 1 / day / character.” What did they think was going to happen?

I don’t understand why there can only be one source of good drops at a time?

For the record, I only did the boss events if I happened to be in the area when they kicked off.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Another nerf, ANET at it’s best, the Dynamic events are all that GW2 has going for it right now, you make it a 1 time a day thing and you’re gonna lose a lot of players, this game is failing HARDCORE, only thing to do all day is pvp and farm the events and now that will be gone, soon so will most players, you dropped the ball ANET.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

LOL this is so sad and funny at the same time.

I’m glad ANet is trying to fix the problem, but like always, players freak out like nuclear winter is looming.

Sighhhh…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Mega Boss loot changes

Nike.2631

Too many players participating on a daily basis is the kind of problem MMOs dream of having. I’m not so sure that shooting rewards in the head is a solution that’s really going to benefit ANet as much as maybe improving the stability of the events would have been.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

If only there was some kind of instanced content that gave decent rewards so overflows wouldnt be an issue.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Too many players participating on a daily basis is the kind of problem MMOs dream of having. I’m not so sure that shooting rewards in the head is a solution that’s really going to benefit ANet as much as maybe improving the stability of the events would have been.

Improving boss fights and the game engine? Definitely the better solution.

However, most likely very difficult to implement. Hence this is the best solution for now. Good to know that change is coming, and coming soon.

Mega Boss loot changes

Nike.2631

You mean like if dungeons were gaurenteed to drop at least one rare? My goodness, the things you say…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Mega bosses will still offer garanteed golds (once per day). And there are still several mega bosses to battle. In other words, players will still keep doing them, and the rewards will still be good.

Great fix.

EDIT: If each dungeon path offered one gold per day, it would also be pretty cool.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DreamReaver.7514

DreamReaver.7514

I like the new change, from a person who has 9 80s, now i will have time to do pve without constantly doing events for the chests and level more 80s

everything is an illusion

Mega Boss loot changes

Amun Ra.6435

I know it didn’t mention drop rates…but will other drop rates be affected by this changes…specifically precursors/exotics?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

Thanks ANet. I needed to have some more free time for other games, school work, etc. Now that you’ve ONCE AGAIN nerfed ways to actually make money (thereby increasing grind if you want any more), this just gives me a great reason to put the game down once I’m down doing my dailiers.

Cheers ANet, keep on making great decisions.

Mega Boss loot changes

TooBz.3065

I’m glad ANet is trying to fix the problem, but like always, players freak out like nuclear winter is looming. I just wish there were some advantages to having alts to make up for the expense of gearing them out.

Sighhhh…

It’s not that a nuclear winter is looming. I’m just kittened off that they, once again, kitten people with alts. You could make it so you can only get 1 rare / day / character across all bosses. Instead, they changed it to 1 rare / day / boss across all characters.

I know, people with just one character are “special” and need to be catered too. I just wish there was a little compensation to help mitigate the expense of gearing an alt.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

easier fix would have been just make it so you couldn’t guest to do the chest again.

It is not really kittening people with alts. The market was tanking with all the rares flooding it coupled with the fact that you could guest and get the chest again. This was making it so people that actualy were on the server could not do the event due to overflow. It is a sad change but a needed one.

(edited by Syphen.1980)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I’m glad ANet is trying to fix the problem, but like always, players freak out like nuclear winter is looming. I just wish there were some advantages to having alts to make up for the expense of gearing them out.

Sighhhh…

It’s not that a nuclear winter is looming. I’m just kittened off that they, once again, kitten people with alts. You could make it so you can only get 1 rare / day / character across all bosses. Instead, they changed it to 1 rare / day / boss across all characters.

I know, people with just one character are “special” and need to be catered too.

It’s kind of cute that you don’t realize how silly you sound, thinking you deserve a special advantage for having alts (when almost EVERYBODY who plays seriously enough to worry about farming dozens of events per day has at least 2 or 3 80s).

Still unsure why you rolled up alts if it was such a horrible and un-enjoyable experience. Oh wait, like almost everybody else that plays this game, you did it because it was fun and you wanted to…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Sighhhh…

I know, people with just one character are “special” and need to be catered too. I just wish there was a little compensation to help mitigate the expense of gearing an alt.

This is the way it was.. Garaunteed 1+ rares, per day, per character acrossed all bosses,

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

You mean like if dungeons were gaurenteed to drop at least one rare? My goodness, the things you say…

That’ll be nice. However, it won’t solve the overflow/lag issue in the open world since the rewards won’t be mutually exclusive. People will just do open world & dungeons. If limited time, highly doubt people will choose doing dungeons (Except CoF 1, but enough people do that anyways…) over easy yellows in Maw/FE/dragons which don’t require grouping and don’t risk failure over bad PUGs.

Though honestly, an exp dungeon run gets you 2 guarenteed rares from tokens anyways, as well as close to ~1G guarenteed gold. It’ll be nice if it was buffed, but it’s not like it’s pitiful or anything.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

I mean whats the point of these mega chests anyway,when you should have fun and not rewards in the first place dont place a huge chest there that tranforms fun to frustation. Make the items at least useful (blue) but the chest drops ALL kinds of crap and most of it, is not even salvageable, no wonder it had this rushing effect on it.

I agree with TooBZ.
If loot drops weren’t so generally miserable changes like this wouldn’t cause the problems they do. Just make a proper percentage on it and not this 1/100 or 1/1000 bullkitten.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Arenanet adds in guesting for players loyal to their servers who want to still play with their friends. Player abuse the system by farming bosses and create huge overflow problems across servers. Players QQ about guesting problems.

Arenanet seeks to solve above problem by changing the loot system so that players can only be garunteed 1 rare a day, giving players no reason to farm and thus, reducing overflow problems. Players stop QQing about guesting, and start QQing about loot drop nerfs.

This is why I refuse to work in Customer Service. There is no pleasing you people!!!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Eh, I get bored after like the 3rd boss fight anyways. At least this means after the 2nd fight (depending on if you have a daily for group events) I can go do something else. Which I usually do anyways lately.

Really it was inevitable. As long as we get a guaranteed rare (or exotic) a day I can’t really complain. Thats more then I used to get through random drops.

I do think the guesting issue needs to be looked at though. I know people guest a lot supposedly. Personally my server I’ve never hit a overflow for the fights, but a lot of complaints I have seen about guests.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Yes, thank you. Guesting was being abused, and hopeful now this whole overflow problem will go away.