Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

Arenanet adds in guesting for players loyal to their servers who want to still play with their friends. Player abuse the system by farming bosses and create huge overflow problems across servers. Players QQ about guesting problems.

Arenanet seeks to solve above problem by changing the loot system so that players can only be garunteed 1 rare a day, giving players no reason to farm and thus, reducing overflow problems. Players stop QQing about guesting, and start QQing about loot drop nerfs.

This is why I refuse to work in Customer Service. There is no pleasing you people!!!

There’s no pleasing “you people” because ANet is inept. Instead of just preventing chests from guesting, which is the most sensible way to prevent the “guesting issue”, they nerf the drops themselves.

ANet went around championing this game as having no grind, yet all they do is make the game MORE grindy. It makes no sense.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Amazing how Anet keeps making mistakes

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Siyuri.1879

Siyuri.1879

Disagree with the changes, but understand why they’re doing it. I think that included with the changes they should give people who have more time, and more alts, something worthwhile to do. I can’t think of a game that punished players who have alts so severely other than this one. And, if someone enjoys playing multiple characters and wants to gear them, they should be able to earn enough to support that. With the chests in their current state I am able to earn enough ecto to where I felt like I was making progress towards my legendary weapon without endless repetitive and boring dungeons or cursed shore events. And, don’t even get me started on the laurels.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Arenanet adds in guesting for players loyal to their servers who want to still play with their friends. Player abuse the system by farming bosses and create huge overflow problems across servers. Players QQ about guesting problems.

Arenanet seeks to solve above problem by changing the loot system so that players can only be garunteed 1 rare a day, giving players no reason to farm and thus, reducing overflow problems. Players stop QQing about guesting, and start QQing about loot drop nerfs.

This is why I refuse to work in Customer Service. There is no pleasing you people!!!

There’s no pleasing “you people” because ANet is inept. Instead of just preventing chests from guesting, which is the most sensible way to prevent the “guesting issue”, they nerf the drops themselves.

ANet went around championing this game as having no grind, yet all they do is make the game MORE grindy. It makes no sense.

If you never received rewards ANY rewards for guesting at all, what would be the point of guesting in the first place? Good luck ever seeing massive bosses on low pop servers, which is what the guesting system was designed for!

Preventing guests for getting chests would be the dumbest move ever.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Completely agree with you. All they do is nerfing the loot we are able to get and that’s it. This is not what I would call fixing. It is just punishing players. And that’s mostly what they’ve done since release..

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

Nice change. It was one of the possible solutions I’ve suggested multiple times and am not surprised to see that it’s the route they’re taking to help with overflows.

To you guys saying guests should be denied chests, I’ve yet to see any evidence that guests are to blame. They might not help the problem, but certainly aren’t the cause. I’m so glad ArenaNet didn’t listen to such terrible suggestions and punish guests/guesting. I’ll continue to play with my friends and be rewarded for it =)

Also, I wonder how this will work on non event chests, like Rotbeard for example.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I predicted ecto drop rates would get nerfed a few days after the patch went live. The main reason being that no one in their right mind would buy any BLSKits with ecto prices as low as they are lately. I applaude this move by Anet. Besides I allready have more than 500 ectos in stock. Bought them at rock bottom prices.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

Guesting was designed for visiting your friends on other servers in the first place and not to abusing World bosses and other things. But since there´s no cross-server technology yet (US→EU) it’s limited. But people will always try to abuse the system and now here we are. People complaining about why the can’t anymore abuse world bosses while guesting wait what?

Mega Boss loot changes

Siyuri.1879

I never guested before to loot boss chests myself, and if that’s what was truly causing the problem then I wish they’d fix that, not disallow me to do bosses done on my home server with multiple characters

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lydeck.5214

Lydeck.5214

I predicted ecto drop rates would get nerfed a few days after the patch went live. The main reason being that no one in their right mind would buy any BLSKits with ecto prices as low as they are lately. I applaude this move by Anet. Besides I allready have more than 500 ectos in stock. Bought them at rock bottom prices.

lol

“I applaud them because now I can make a ton of money by selling all the ectos I bought for cheap. Thanks ANet!”

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

As I read the statement you will still get one rare/per boss/per account. If this this is true they will still be farmed, which is good, but just wont have people getting…I don’t know…30+ rares per day. This is a good change.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

I never guested before to loot boss chests myself, and if that’s what was truly causing the problem then I wish they’d fix that, not disallow me to do bosses done on my home server with multiple characters

No one can say for sure that guesting was the problem. It just didn’t help the issue, and was the easiest thing to blame for most people. And thus guesting hate was born.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Queue the Chicken Little brigade:

“The sky is falling, the sky is falling”

It is a good decision IMO, and maybe I’ll see overflow less on my own server after this patch.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Doesn’t solve any problems, but allows them to put a band aid on the overflow issue. Btw, an effective way to protest this change would be to camp the spawn zones to still create overflow. Just a way to protest.

Mega Boss loot changes

Siyuri.1879

No one can say for sure that guesting was the problem. It just didn’t help the issue, and was the easiest thing to blame for most people. And thus guesting hate was born.

Yeah, this was sorta what I figured. The main problem I’ve got with the change is that in this game I feel constantly forced into really boring, endless grind if I want to earn gold. I’ve already done everything in the game a TON. I don’t play the TP. I loved being able to pick a couple bosses I enjoy and get the on multiple characters for some extra ecto so I could outfit my characters and set up for a legendary. I never guested or felt like I was abusing the system, and as a player I feel constantly hindered by anet. If it wasn’t for the loot nerf that happened around Nov 15 in cursed shore (everyone noticed it, seriously… I don’t care if they say it didn’t happen) I’d be able to get twice the amount of rares out there in the same amount of time doing that. But now, I don’t enjoy those events. I’ve overplayed them. Already, I have to pick and chose which character gets what when I complete my dailies for laurels. It’d be years before I could get each their ascended amulet + inscription. So the change to the boss chest feels more like a slap on the wrist, “DON’T MAKE ALTS!!!”
Though I do understand that the overflows were a huge problem, they seem to have tamed significantly now that the initial frenzy of acquiring boss chests has started to recede. It’s been a few days since I got thrown into an overflow other than at Jormag. My home server is Sanctum of Rall. I wouldn’t know how it is on other servers because I’m not a guester.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

Doesn’t solve any problems, but allows them to put a band aid on the overflow issue. Btw, an effective way to protest this change would be to camp the spawn zones to still create overflow. Just a way to protest.

and annoy people who are not “guests” and can not participate in the event of their own server … you’re as smart as those who complain of this measure …

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

TESO cant be released fast enough for me…then i can leave Anet behind and pretend it was all a bad dream.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Great change. Finaly no overflows . This hysteria about buying ectos will stabilize soon – there is still enough bosses with guaranted rares to do.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Don’t listen to some of the whiners, Anet. This is a good change which I approve, for once.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

TESO cant be released fast enough for me…then i can leave Anet behind and pretend it was all a bad dream.

lol at these statements. Just leave already.

This “fix” won’t do anything for overflowing. People will still all cram in at their optimal play time and still cause overflows. Now you might get lucky and be able to hit the boss’s second rotation and make it. Well, that is if you’re play time allows it.

EDIT: Still want some answers to clarify this change.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I am a tad sad I just sold 200 ectos for 53g last weekend. could of got 65g right now.

my interpretation of it: if you kill any major boss, you get a daily rare chest. killing any second boss on the same account will not get you another daily rare chest, but you will still get loot from the chest – probably similar to the loot before the update that added guaranteed rares, so you can probably still get rares/exotics from it.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

Just a cheap fix for a bigger problem this really wont change anything.

This wont fix overflows or anything.

I also like another poster said i feel hindered every time Anet tries to fix something and they dont get it right.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

All you people whining about overflows do realize YOU can hop to another server as well like a low pop server or whatever. I always tried avoiding the big ones cause guess what….there would be overflow!! OMG!!

This change to chests is just another nail in the coffin for GW2. So now dungeons are nerfed, DEs are nerfed, farming is just god awful with the drop rates, and now this nerf to world chests. Does Anet just want us to log in, play for an hour and log off and go play something else? I mean really, what is there to do at 80 other than farm stuff which now is nerfed……

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Gyrfalcon.1054

Gyrfalcon.1054

Why do you guys continue to punish people with multiple characters? This is crazy. I only have one lvl 80 on my account and rarely make it to even half the bosses in a day, but I could care less if someone was dedicated enough to cycle characters to farm bosses for a rare or two at a chance for some ecto’s. That is there choice to put in that much time and effort. Forcing players away from your “mega boss’s” is such a low move when the real problem is the game itself can’t handle the load of players there.

Why do you guys destroy ever method that people find to get some ecto’s that are required in such large quantities for so many recipes? You should just take ecto’s out of the loot tables and let people get 1 ecto for each daily completion. It would fit within your ideals thus far in punishing people with multiple characters right along side the daily/laurel system. /sarcasm

I really don’t know what else to say about this horrible decision.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

and annoy people who are not “guests” and can not participate in the event of their own server … you’re as smart as those who complain of this measure …

The “measure” doesn’t solve the reason why the event chest trains formed in the first place or why they were so easy to abuse. There is a distinct lack of reward for effort involved in open world pve, so people gravitated to the easiest, most profitable avenue to be rewarded. Increasing drops on Champs and the harder veterans would have helped to fix the underlying issue. People will still farm these events, they will still be dead easy, and there will still be some, if not as much, overflow. Until they fix the reward for effort issue, people will just gravitate to the next easiest way to accrue rares.

Mega Boss loot changes

OmniPotentes.4817

lol

“I applaud them because now I can make a ton of money by selling all the ectos I bought for cheap. Thanks ANet!”

And the fact Anet chose to leak this information proves me right. Since when do they leak information before a patch. Never. Because it could “destabilize” the TP. Well; now we know …..when they stand to benefit from it. Ecto prices have rocketed and BLSK sales will once again rise as a result.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: elixabethclaire.8324

elixabethclaire.8324

It’s not that a nuclear winter is looming. I’m just kittened off that they, once again, kitten people with alts. You could make it so you can only get 1 rare / day / character across all bosses. Instead, they changed it to 1 rare / day / boss across all characters.

I know, people with just one character are “special” and need to be catered too. I just wish there was a little compensation to help mitigate the expense of gearing an alt.

You do realize that there’s something along the lines of 20 boss and meta events in the open world that reward the rare-or-better ?

Do you have 20 alts up to the ~80 range? Because if not, you can still come out of this a winner. Put your alts to work by sending them out to different locations, rather than swapping between the same two or three.

I feel your pain, for reals. I love my alts and I would love more “hey it’s cool that you have an alt, whee!” things in the game. But this isn’t kittening, butterflying, or in any other wise doing anything painful or mean to us altoholics.

I’d say that the 20-something rare-or-betters that you could have been collecting per character per day since the last patch would be the “something” to “mitigate the expense of gearing” your alts.

The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it’s too late!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

This “fix” won’t do anything for overflowing. People will still all cram in at their optimal play time and still cause overflows. Now you might get lucky and be able to hit the boss’s second rotation and make it. Well, that is if you’re play time allows it.

You havent read the nerf have you ?

One guaranteed rare, per account, per day…..and it will solve the overflow because no one will waste their time running multiple events now….standing around for over an hour waiting for Jormag with little to no chance of a rare is not fun for anyone.

In fact i can see everyone running the easy events like SB or Maw and the dragons will rarely see people at them…there will simply be no incentive.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I realise this is being done mostly to stop the guesting issue but stopping the ability to get rares per alt per event is a kick in the teeth given how ectos are now becoming more of currency.

Did they really not foresee what would happen with the previous change?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

As I read the statement you will still get one rare/per boss/per account. If this this is true they will still be farmed, which is good, but just wont have people getting…I don’t know…30+ rares per day. This is a good change.

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

Mega Boss loot changes

OmniPotentes.4817

One guaranteed rare, per account, per day…..and it will solve the overflow because no one will waste their time running multiple events now….standing around for over an hour waiting for Jormag with little to no chance of a rare is not fun for anyone.

In fact i can see everyone running the easy events like SB or Maw and the dragons will rarely see people at them…there will simply be no incentive.

You forgot to mention per event. It’s not just 1 rare.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

Just wondering if i am reading this right. So For Example: I do Jormag on my home server. If i guest to a friends server to help i will have no chance at a rare on that character?
I think maybe some Clarification on what your trying to explain. cause it sounds like you Created the drops to be better for people and passively inspire us players to use our other characters. Your correction of the drop system has made me as a player use my other characters more. Your going to possibly Kill people’s Want to use ALT characters and basically Break what you just unbroke—->Deadzones where no players are playing. Because it seems better in this game to Rush a character to 80 and only do the things that give good loot. Your gonna Reduce the Community to only using 1 Character Per Account Per Day with this attitude. I have been playing Guildwars from Day 1… GW1 and GW2. I Remember hearing one of your Devs in one of your ABOUT guildwars type videos explain that if players want to run around and kill things and Farm you didnt want to get in the way of that….. Well guess what your going back on your word from the sound of this statement.

Or am i Wrong. This sounds like your going to limit the drops yet AGAIN! and cause more events to turn into ghost towns… your player base is going to do 1 Event 1 Time on 1 character. Yet again this game is being Nerfed into the ground just like the First Guildwars was. Trust me It got REALLY old in the first guildwars to spend time Hunting for Weapons, Skills, Bosses. Spend all that in game currency on items that are going to be DRASTICALLY changed in months to make them worthless… Almost feels like your Headed down the same path in this game.

If im wrong Please Explain More Clearly. But According to this it sounds to me like there is no need for me to play my other 5 lvl 80 characters anymore. Get the chest on all events with one character and let the others collect dust. Cause after lvl 80 there is no need for me as a player to do events just to get Green Crap for drops.

I believe you guys are making the wrong move!

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

Just wondering if i am reading this right. So For Example: I do Jormag on my home server. If i guest to a friends server to help i will have no chance at a rare on that character?

You’ll have the same chance you did before last month’s patch, one assumes. I’m not a dev, but they’ve mentioned that loot for the normal chests will be unchanged (source: scroll up like three posts)— you just don’t have a guarantee of a rare-or-better.

The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it’s too late!

Mega Boss loot changes

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

I think maybe some Clarification on what your trying to explain. cause it sounds like you Created the drops to be better for people and passively inspire us players to use our other characters. Your correction of the drop system has made me as a player use my other characters more. Your going to possibly Kill people’s Want to use ALT characters and basically Break what you just unbroke—->Deadzones where no players are playing. Because it seems better in this game to Rush a character to 80 and only do the things that give good loot. Your gonna Reduce the Community to only using 1 Character Per Account Per Day with this attitude. I have been playing Guildwars from Day 1… GW1 and GW2. I Remember hearing one of your Devs in one of your ABOUT guildwars type videos explain that if players want to run around and kill things and Farm you didnt want to get in the way of that….. Well guess what your going back on your word from the sound of this statement.

Or am i Wrong. This sounds like your going to limit the drops yet AGAIN! and cause more events to turn into ghost towns… your player base is going to do 1 Event 1 Time on 1 character. Yet again this game is being Nerfed into the ground just like the First Guildwars was. Trust me It got REALLY old in the first guildwars to spend time Hunting for Weapons, Skills, Bosses. Spend all that in game currency on items that are going to be DRASTICALLY changed in months to make them worthless… Almost feels like your Headed down the same path in this game.

If im wrong Please Explain More Clearly. But According to this it sounds to me like there is no need for me to play my other 5 lvl 80 characters anymore. Get the chest on all events with one character and let the others collect dust. Cause after lvl 80 there is no need for me as a player to do events just to get Green Crap for drops.

I believe you guys are making the wrong move!

Please read my clarification two posts above yours.

Mega Boss loot changes

Pennry.9215

And you have no sense as to what causes the overflow issue. People rush the events mostly during “prime time”, which is just after reset. People will still do so. People will even still guest (despite it not being the problem) to do these events as fast as possible so that they can either be done or move on to something else in game. So unless you play outside this “prime time,” you will most likely still see some overflowing.

Martin Kerstein, Could you address my previous questions? I know for a fact a rare isn’t “guaranteed” now. I’m assuming these “daily” chests will make it so, but can that chest give better than rare? And will the normal event chests take a huge hit to loot? Like before the update, to mostly greens and blues? Or will it be somewhere in the middle? We’ve always had the “chance” at good loot, but it was just really low.

Mega Boss loot changes

hchadw.1097

So i can use my 5 characters and kill jormag 5 different times and still have a chance at an exotic. But my next 4 characters that kill Jormag will only get greens with No chance of rare at all….

mabe that would be easier… let me know if i didnt ask this clear enough.

Sorry the clarification post wasnt clear enough for me.

Necro does jormag gets daily alloted rare.
Warrior does jormag = Does he only get greens?
Ranger does Jormag = She only get Greens?
Thief does Jormag = She only gets Greens?

thats what im asking. More clarification please

one more question too.. this statement here in your post

(You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event)

Does this mean we can do the dragon chests more than once a day???

Sorry if these questions are a bit direct but a couple months ago you guys released soem patches and well… lets just say i moved to planetside2 for a while. Carefull with your rush to fix the overflow issues you dont work your game into a title that slowly loses its player base. I just started doing Events myself less than a week ago, FINALLY some good stuff i can use.

I wont knock the change till i play it, but tread carefully that you dont patch this into a Dead Ghost town MMO

(edited by hchadw.1097)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Just a bandaid that doesnt address the issue.

How about making the rest of the world worth participating in ?
You know those DE’s that aren’t Dragons etc…Give those better loot.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Mega Boss loot changes

Siyuri.1879

Considering how terrible the drop rates were before they increased the chests to contain a rare, you got it hchadw – probably all you’ll see on your alts is green/blue with a very occasional rare. I’d like to know the answer to this question as well from a Dev though.

Mega Boss loot changes

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Let me quote myself again:

You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

hchadw: That answers your question.
Pennry: Previously it was on guaranteed rare per character per event per day.

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

So i can use my 5 characters and kill jormag 5 different times and still have a chance at an exotic. But my next 4 characters that kill Jormag will only get greens with No chance of rare at all….

mabe that would be easier… let me know if i didnt ask this clear enough.

Sorry the clarification post wasnt clear enough for me.

Necro does jormag gets daily alloted rare.
Warrior does jormag = Does he only get greens?
Ranger does Jormag = She only get Greens?
Thief does Jormag = She only gets Greens?

thats what im asking. More clarification please

Necro does Jormag, gets daily allotted rare-or-better. Warrior/etc does Jormag, has the same chances as the chest has always had for loot, which will likely include an incredible chance of blues and greens and a small chance for rares and better.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

This change is excellent, one i’ve been trying to push forward despite the huge amount of people who insist it was a guesting issue. Thank you Anet!

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I understand what you said but is the NORMAL chest (without guaranteed rare) still only lootable once per day? If so, is this per character or is this throughout the account? From what you said, it kinda implies that the normal chest now spawns for EVERY event regardless if I have done it already for that day.

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

I understand what you said but is the NORMAL chest (without guaranteed rare) still only lootable once per day? If so, is this per character or is this throughout the account? From what you said, it kinda implies that the normal chest now spawns for EVERY event regardless if I have done it already for that day.

To quote the OP (like, the OP OP ):

• “The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character”
  • “each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest that can only be acquired once per day across an account”

Mega Boss loot changes

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

The only thing that will be changed is that the guaranteed rare drop will now be account bound. Everything else remains the same. You will be able to open the regular event chests once per day per event per character as before. You will still have the same drop chances as before.

Mega Boss loot changes

hchadw.1097

Thank you martin your help was appreciated! Thats what i wanted to know a final answer from a dev. Thanks again!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

Too many players participating on a daily basis is the kind of problem MMOs dream of having. I’m not so sure that shooting rewards in the head is a solution that’s really going to benefit ANet as much as maybe improving the stability of the events would have been.

It takes several hours just to work through the 12 bosses on the timer anyway. The number of people who are capable of doing this with more than one character consistently are pretty much outliers. Honestly? A guaranteed 12 rares a day is still an enormous number. I don’t see how anyone could deride this change as a bad thing, or argue that abusing the Maw’s short timer on the current system is a good thing.

(edited by Silentsins.3726)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I wonder why they are not making this change NOW and wait for the end of the month patch…

Because they don’t like put patches live that don’t fix OMG SERVER DOWN/CHARACTERS ARE SCREWED/etc issues during the month.

Mega Boss loot changes

hchadw.1097

Too many players participating on a daily basis is the kind of problem MMOs dream of having. I’m not so sure that shooting rewards in the head is a solution that’s really going to benefit ANet as much as maybe improving the stability of the events would have been.

It takes several hours just to work through the 12 bosses on the timer anyway. The people number of people who are capable of doing this with more than one character consistently are pretty much outliers. Honestly? A guaranteed 12 rares a day is still an enormous number. I don’t see how anyone could deride this change as a bad thing, or argue that abusing the Maw’s short timer on the current system is a good thing.

I have to say though i hope now they can work on the stability of some of these events that Lag, Skip, and random disconnect now. I was hoping they where not going to make any changes to guesting myself. Seems the 3-5 times i attempt large events like Jormag/Shatter/Teq i get disconnected before end of event with all my skills casting over and over.. mabe now these guys will work on this. Game needs more refinement now instead of nerfs.
So for me i love the guesting, keeps me from getting to mad at Anet when the events crash or are bugged for days on end and dont spawn. Nice to go to another server to do the events instead of waiting a week for a fix.

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

snip
Game needs more refinement now instead of nerfs.
snip

One believes that this “nerf” (which tbh pretty much needed to be made any way, in some way or another) is made to stop the bleeding, as it were, whilst the devs prepare the refinement part of the programme.

Cutting down rewards to per-account rather than per-character will hopefully encourage folks to go try some of the other meta events, leaving fewer players in each area. Things will still be busy at the fabled prime time, but in all the activity will be a little more spread out, buying their poor beleaguered server programmers time to get a handle on things.

(edited by elixabethclaire.8324)

Mega Boss loot changes

Pennry.9215

Let me quote myself again:

You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

hchadw: That answers your question.
Pennry: Previously it was on guaranteed rare per character per event per day.

But it really wasn’t. I have several personal accounts of not getting a rare, let alone guild mates, friends, and what not.

That also doesn’t address the issue of the “daily” being rare or better or just rare.

EDIT: Read what was posted while typing, removed other stuffs.

(edited by Pennry.9215)