Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

As I read the statement you will still get one rare/per boss/per account. If this this is true they will still be farmed, which is good, but just wont have people getting…I don’t know…30+ rares per day. This is a good change.

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

I understand what you said but is the NORMAL chest (without guaranteed rare) still only lootable once per day? If so, is this per character or is this throughout the account? From what you said, it kinda implies that the normal chest now spawns for EVERY event regardless if I have done it already for that day.

The normal chest is lootable once per character per boss. the Guaranteed rare is lootable once per account per boss.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

Next

Let me quote myself again:

You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

hchadw: That answers your question.
Pennry: Previously it was on guaranteed rare per character per event per day.

But it really wasn’t. I have several personal accounts of not getting a rare, let alone guild mates, friends, and what not.

That also doesn’t address the issue of the “daily” being rare or better or just rare, and how bad a hit the normal chest is getting. Currently the normal chest at the end of event has given me 0-3 rares and a few lessers, with the most common being 1-2 rares. Will it still have a high chance at rare(s) or exotics? Or is is going back to pre buff? I see the second and third rares as a bonus roll, if you will. Am I to expect 1-2 rares from this chest as often as the 2-3 before?

The only thing that will be changed is that the guaranteed rare drop will now be account bound. Everything else remains the same. You will be able to open the regular event chests once per day per event per character as before. You will still have the same drop chances as before.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Cute… Then after the guaranteed rare (why don’t give us directly 1 ecto or 22 silver instead? O yes, because that way we need to buy Black Lion Salvage Kits… And btw, good move nerfing the ectos drop from kits, now it can happens to exotics don’t even give one ecto.) the chest will be back giving loads of useless green and blue crap.
Good move ANet, good move.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I hardly doubt this will help overflows for some of the dragons. You couldn’t guest on servers to get multiple chests on a single event on a single toon anyway. Also, you can only guest on two servers per day so it’s not like people were hoping servers loads.

I’m getting a bit tired of ANet telling us how we can play… too much daily stuff in this game or DR. If someone wants to grind a certain mob for a certain drop until their eyes bleed, well more power to them. We finally get a reliable method of getting rares (as we all know how great the drops are in dungeons/fractals), especially if you don’t feel like farming CoF tokens for rares.. and now it’s nerfed.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If only there was some kind of instanced content that gave decent rewards so overflows wouldnt be an issue.

They already started being a non-issue. After the initial influx of people, the numbers continued to go down and down, and lately i could easily get into a dragon event even after the window started. I didn’t get an overflow even once in the last 4 days or so.
I just hope that they will balance the drop nerf with increased drops in open world – where it’s needed the most.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

Cute… Then after the guaranteed rare (why don’t give us directly 1 ecto or 22 silver instead? O yes, because that way we need to buy Black Lion Salvage Kits… And btw, good move nerfing the ectos drop from kits, now it can happens to exotics don’t even give one ecto.) the chest will be back giving loads of useless green and blue crap.

Sighs……. no nerf was done to the ectos… why do people keep spreading these lies… They have stated if they ever touch the ectos they will definitely tell us. Sometimes, I pity Anet on the player base they have to work with…

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

Game needs more refinement now instead of nerfs.

I’m failing to understand how people are seeing it as an “either/or” thing. They HAVE been doing server refinements (major one coming with the same patch as this change, in fact) and will continue to do so.

The nerf needed to happen regardless.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

Sighs……. no nerf was done to the ectos… why do people keep spreading these lies… They have started if they ever touch the ectos they will definitely tell us. Sometimes, I pity Anet on the player base they have to work with…

Salvaged one Exotic piece with Black Lion Kit… Got 0 ectos, when earlier exotics gaves at least one of them.
But keep buying evething they said

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

Definitely a necessary change. There was too much guesting and farming abuse with the old system. Having account wide chests makes the most sense as far as balance goes.

People can be bitter about this if they want but it’s going to happen whether they like it or not. The world does not revolve around your ability to farm rares.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

Sighs……. no nerf was done to the ectos… why do people keep spreading these lies… They have started if they ever touch the ectos they will definitely tell us. Sometimes, I pity Anet on the player base they have to work with…

Salvaged one Exotic piece with Black Lion Kit… Got 0 ectos, when earlier exotics gaves at least one of them.

Exotics salvage with bl kit doesn’t guarantee ectos… I salvage ectos plenty of times, on good days i get 2-3 ectos per rare and bad days i can get up to none on 6 rares. The average evens up to be approximately 1 ecto per rare. I will continue to buy what Anet says because if you didn’t trust in the developers who made this game, what is the point of playing it?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BL-S-Kits-vs-Master-Kits-Results-Ectos/first

Overall salvage rates of master/BLT kits have not changed since the game launch. Whether you get one ecto guaranteed is irrelevant (When was exotics a guarenteed ecto? I do not remember this). The overall ecto/salvage rate remains the same.

But oooh, a sample size of one! You win statistics, sir.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Darx.9842

Darx.9842

Did anyone notice Final Rest?

Started at 10g, now it’s almost at 40g

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Its all RNG, you just got real lucky before. Ive never even used BLSC and still get plenty of ecto with just master kits.

As for the people complaining about the change – All thats happened is the “gauranteed” rare is now a “daily chest” reward, the same as fractals or a dungeon. Not a biggy at all.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

Wow, someone bought out the final rest! lol, I guess it was a good investment

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Won’t this flood the TP with even more ectos? I mean since patch I always get at least 1 rare from the loot chest. If you get a “guaranteed rare” from special new chest and keep the regular boss chests as it was won’t ppl get even more ectos? Maybe I understood something wrong but I hardly doubt this will solve the overflow issue.

Oh and, can we get timers that correctly display the spawns? Like official timer or something. I often get the feeling like the timer is trolling me lol

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Lol, I suppose that solves my dilema as to if I should use or sell the one I got. ^^

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So basically a big “SCREW YOU” to people with alts. Guess i’ll just go ahead and delete my alts, there is literally no reason to have them at this point.

Can’t get ascended gear for them→ Check
Can’t get any loot at all for them now→check

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

Won’t this flood the TP with even more ectos? I mean since patch I always get at least 1 rare from the loot chest. If you get a “guaranteed rare” from special new chest and keep the regular boss chests as it was won’t ppl get even more ectos? Maybe I understood something wrong but I hardly doubt this will solve the overflow issue.

Oh and, can we get timers that correctly display the spawns? Like official timer or something. I often get the feeling like the timer is trolling me lol

No, there are less rares now. Before it was 1 guarantee rare per character per boss. Now it is, 1 guarantee rare per account per boss.

To put it in perspective, if I had 5 alts and I did 5 bosses, effective it would net me 25 guaranteed rares if I did them all. Now after the changes, if I had 5 alts and did 5 bosses, I would only get 5 guaranteed rares. Get it now?

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

So basically a big “SCREW YOU” to people with alts. Guess i’ll just go ahead and delete my alts, there is literally no reason to have them at this point.

Can’t get ascended gear for them-> Check
Can’t get any loot at all for them now->check

I don’t get what the big deal is about screw you to alts. I have 8 alts, 5 of them are level 80s, I enjoy playing my alts because I like the class. I don’t play my alts so they can be my slaves which earn me money, though I admit, I do use them as parking characters on certain bosses at times to save WP fee.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Lol you salvaged 1 and got 0, wow.. just wow at this community..
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BL-S-Kits-vs-Master-Kits-Results-Ectos/page/2#post1655722

Do people even know what RNG is anymore?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

This was a much needed change. I approve. Boss events had become too popular for all the wrong reasons.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lexandro.1456

LOLWUT?

Talk about over-reaction and hyperbole.

<has 4 chars
<Only played for 5 weeks
<Has 4 ascended pieces

You talking nonsense dude.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

The only reason you made alts was to farm riches? Then yes, that is your loss.

I’m glad I made my alts to have fun. No losses to cut here.

(edited by Izzy Katsu.6024)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Ashodin.7604

Ashodin.7604

The only thing that will be changed is that the guaranteed rare drop will now be account bound. Everything else remains the same. You will be able to open the regular event chests once per day per event per character as before. You will still have the same drop chances as before.

@Martin: does the rare from the account bound chest have a chance to be exotic or a precursor as well, or is it just a rare, permanently, now?

When the rares were tied to the event chest, that means it was higher on the loot table and pull exotics out (see: Final Rest being uncovered). Does this mean it will be harder now to get exotics at all like it was before the chests were changed in February’s patch?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Best news ever, now I can finally go back to casually enjoying low level fractal runs without feeling like I’m missing something. I’m dead serious, no joke intended here, no sarcasm.

Thanks.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Good, I was waiting for something like this to happen and I think it’s a good thing.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The guaranteed rare had a chance to “upgrade” to an exotic, making the rate of exotic drops higher, or at least, I’m assuming that’s what it did, since you could get an exotic in place of the rare. If the guaranteed rare drop is being moved to what I assume will be a generic container, that means the drop rate of unique exotics like Final Rest will be going down, since I doubt they’d drop in a generic container. Since the guaranteed rare can’t be farmed across multiple characters, that means the drop rate of the unique exotics will go down fruther, so it ends up being a double nerf to those, so expect their prices to legitimately go up due to reduced supply.

The chests usually gave me 2 rares 50% of the time, so farming them on multiple characters should still be valid. Unfortunately, I don’t see this change really changing anything. I’m still encouraged to AFK farm these events and for solo players, they’re still more rewarding than playing in the open world.

Not sure why they’d go the anti-alt route however (probably because it was the obvious, simplest route). The chests were an incentive to have multiple 80s, which meant playing through the game or helping the economy by consuming materials (crafting to level) and profit for ArenaNet by buying character slots, though by now, I’m guessing those who would have done it already did.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

@Martin: does the rare from the account bound chest have a chance to be exotic or a precursor as well, or is it just a rare, permanently, now?

When the rares were tied to the event chest, that means it was higher on the loot table and pull exotics out (see: Final Rest being uncovered). Does this mean it will be harder now to get exotics at all like it was before the chests were changed in February’s patch?

Each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest.

So exotic drop rate will stay the same since its not a guaranteed drop.

Final Rest went up because speculators expect a less number of people would run the SB event after this patch and Final Rest’s supply would go down.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I knew it would happen eventually, it was the only real solution to the overflow issue, other than server bound~ but if you can still get the chest with alts doesn’t that mean you can still farm more rares/exotics from them? You just don’t have a 100% chance after the first time?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lexandro.1456

The guaranteed rare had a chance to “upgrade” to an exotic, making the rate of exotic drops higher, or at least, I’m assuming that’s what it did, since you could get an exotic in place of the rare.

Sorry but not the case. Ive had exo and rare at the same time from event chests. Its just your luck with the RNG and loot drop tables.

I knew it would happen eventually, it was the only real solution to the overflow issue, other than server bound~ but if you can still get the chest with alts doesn’t that mean you can still farm more rares/exotics from them? You just don’t have a 100% chance after the first time?

Pretty much. 1 guaranteed rare, eveything else RNG. Wont stop people farming the events anyway, since its the easiest place to get a precursor.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Awesome, with them now being account bound the price of rares will increase as these won’t be able to be posted on the TP so only rares from other events and crafted ones will get posted. The price of ecto’s will remain the same or possibly even drop to the 25s range again as these farmers get kitten they don’t need so they salvage them. A true win/win for us crafters. Thank you.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So after all the silence it turns out that the info gathered showed that the overflow problem was caused by players with alts?

So basically alts are a problem?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The guaranteed rare had a chance to “upgrade” to an exotic, making the rate of exotic drops higher, or at least, I’m assuming that’s what it did, since you could get an exotic in place of the rare.

Sorry but not the case. Ive had exo and rare at the same time from event chests. Its just your luck with the RNG and loot drop tables.

Pretty much. 1 guaranteed rare, eveything else RNG. Wont stop people farming the events anyway, since its the easiest place to get a precursor.

I guess since people didn’t mega farm it origionally when there wasn’t a guaranteed rare they’re trying this first. Kind of a test nerf?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

So after all the silence it turns out that the info gathered showed that the overflow problem was caused by players with alts?

So basically alts are a problem?

Na, the problem was being the world event chest being too rewarding making everyone crowding to do it 24/7. With this account bound in place, people will do it once and move on to other things. Overflow chance should be greatly reduced though I can not speak for the higher tier servers.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I just have a quick question and it might answer some others peoples questions but will magic find affect the chance of better loot from the reworked chest that pops on the side of the screen?

Magic find does not affect chests. Unless they say otherwise, this includes these.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

So your guaranteed rare was upgraded to an exotic and you got another rare drop. Getting 2 rare drops was pretty common for me. I have gotten an exotic with no other rares before, so it’s not guaranteed that you had to get 1 rare. It really depends on how their backend is coded, but I’m guessing the guaranteed rare was simply flagged as a drop with a +x% modifier on it, which also meant that rare had a higher chance to be an exotic, in comparison to a normal drop.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

It means that there is, once again, no good reason to have an alt.

Yeah, no kidding. Hey guys, we want your alts to have some progression, so that’s why we made stuff like dyes, fractal level, and story mode unlocks per character rather than account. Except we made laurels, guild commendations, and dragon chests account-based so you can’t progress on your alts if you’ve progressed on your main that day/week/month.

Can’t wait for the next thing that punishes me for wanting to play more than one class, with one gear set, with one spec.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: elixabethclaire.8324

elixabethclaire.8324

As someone with four level 80s, all of whom have Ascended gear and get their fair share of decent drops (plus plans for about 7 more characters to level up), I wonder how a single game can offer such vastly different alting experiences.

The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it’s too late!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Scyte.2801

Scyte.2801

I don’t see why rare items shouldn’t be this easy to get.. I only see postives to a huge influx of rare items. Cheaper rares = cheaper ecto’s. Ecto’s are needed in so many recipe’s in such high ammounts that it is just unreasonable for them to be even harder to farm for yourself. Also cheaper rares mean cheaper precursors, because forging rares is one of the more popular and succesfull ways to get a precursor.

So indirectly but truely nerfing the rare drops affects the prices on precursors negatively.

I just don’t see any good in this change at all. People with multiple alts don’t get enough credit for their hard work leveling and gearing multiple characters in terms of extra chances on rewards etc, and we are practically forced to do something other than farming world bosses after we’ve done 1 routine. If there is 1 thing I really hate, it would be being forced to do something other than what I want to do. Multiple patches have had this influence already (Like DR etc) but that doesn’t make this any more acceptable to me.

We can play the game WE want to play it, and always get rewarded for it equally, right?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Really this was the main thing keeping me playing in GW2, i guess now its back to playing other games, no more gem purchases and no point in doing that insane grinding for loot, if they had made open world actually meaningful to be rewarded sure i’d play but as it stands now i think its too gated and too boring to play anymore, bad decision Anet..you had started a good thing just couldn’t follow through..

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

Awesome, with them now being account bound the price of rares will increase as these won’t be able to be posted on the TP so only rares from other events and crafted ones will get posted. The price of ecto’s will remain the same or possibly even drop to the 25s range again as these farmers get kitten they don’t need so they salvage them. A true win/win for us crafters. Thank you.

Reading comprehension check: the rare-or-better guaranteed chest doodad will be account-bound, not the drops from that chest.

The Flameseeker Prophecies will be fulfilled. Make peace with the gods before it’s too late!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

This is the stupidest idea yet, things were fine big deal if those that sit and play tp all day instead of just play the game. 4 other 80’s gonna sit there wasted now. Thx

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

so effectively….you are making it that killing the boss gets you the rare…not the chest itself…and reverting the chest back to its old drop table while still limiting the amount of times we can get said chest? why not remove the 1 chest per character limit if that isn’t where the guaranteed rare is coming from? is anet afraid we will flood the market with blues like before?

Mega Boss loot changes

Lexandro.1456

So your guaranteed rare was upgraded to an exotic and you got another rare drop. Getting 2 rare drops was pretty common for me. I have gotten an exotic with no other rares before, so it’s not guaranteed that you had to get 1 rare. It really depends on how their backend is coded, but I’m guessing the guaranteed rare was simply flagged as a drop with a +x% modifier on it, which also meant that rare had a higher chance to be an exotic, in comparison to a normal drop.

No drops are not “upgraded”. I got my rare drop as per gauranteed, and on top of that got exo as a bonus from a lucky RNG roll.

It is gauranteed for you to get a rare. Infact since the change I have never NOT had a rare under any circumstance from event chests.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

so effectively….you are making it that killing the boss gets you the rare…not the chest itself…and reverting the chest back to its old drop table while still limiting the amount of times we can get said chest? why not remove the 1 chest per character limit if that isn’t where the guaranteed rare is coming from? is anet afraid we will flood the market with blues like before?

I believe the normal loot has also been improved, thus the char bound limit. I find I get rares more readily now aside from the guaranteed rare.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

To me, It sounds very much like an “oh kitten” move.
They’ve jumped at this one very fast – perhaps because it involved the economy rather that the fact it was effecting people on home servers getting kicked to overflows.
(because then they’d have just done a quick priority flag over guesting instead of changing loot parameters)

Not saying it’s good or bad, but definitely a very hasty move.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

The server hopping will continue, and it will cause deflation of ecto and yellows. Anyone can still farm the world bosses for golds and exotics and precursors. This will not stop the server pressure at all, because they will farm the kitten out of these chests as long as it is the best shot at an exotic or precursor.
The guarunteed yellow will be account bound, so if you like to spend money for gems, you can still do that to salvage it for ecto’s.
This is not doing anything at all to the way the power gamers will power game it every day, all day. For every chest they open they still have the same chance of a gold that can be sold and chopped up, just now, they will have to chop up the account bound ones.

Mega Boss loot changes

Lafiel.9372

The server hopping will continue, and it will cause deflation of ecto and yellows. Anyone can still farm the world bosses for golds and exotics and precursors. This will not stop the server pressure at all, because they will farm the kitten out of these chests as long as it is the best shot at an exotic or precursor.
The guarunteed yellow will be account bound, so if you like to spend money for gems, you can still do that to salvage it for ecto’s.
This is not doing anything at all to the way the power gamers will power game it every day, all day. For every chest they open they still have the same chance of a gold that can be sold and chopped up, just now, they will have to chop up the account bound ones.

It will reduce the pressure because if people did farm these like crazy, why didn’t people experience the same issues prior to the chest change when they could repeatably farm the dragons without a limit. I.E the people who will continue to do this will decrease

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

lol, went to do teq.

Overflow XD

Mega Boss loot changes

elixabethclaire.8324

snip
snip

Reading comprehension check: the rare-or-better guaranteed chest (the one that looks similar to the daily ’chieve chest) will be account bound (read: available once per boss per day by account), not the item in that chest.