Mega server tweak

Mega server tweak

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ObsidianSaint.1079

ObsidianSaint.1079

Currently I see a lot of threads talking about the defend events and how they are ruining it for people who want to do the actual boss.

The mega servers are fantastic and fighting along side all those people really has brought life back into the game! It’s not just that people that want to play the boss that miss out, it’s the people who have never done the previous events that also miss out.

The trick is to find a balance. I think a great solution would be to scale the defend event higher and higher each time it’s completed successfully. This would still give people a challenge and would also give people the opportunity to do the boss after defending a few times.

tl;dr Scale the defend event higher and higher each time it is succeeded consistently.

Mega server tweak

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d say in addition to this, add more elements to the fight the more times they succeed.

For example:

Twice – Add siege.
Three – Add a mob that channels a shield for the siege.#
Four – Add a mob that uses player corpses to produce mobs.
Five – Add a mob that spawns after, say, five mins that channels a spell that prevents people from entering the event after it (kind of like a massive Ring of Warding).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Mega server tweak

ObsidianSaint.1079

I’d say in addition to this, add more elements to the fight the more times they succeed.

For example:

Twice – Add siege.
Three – Add a mob that channels a shield for the siege.#
Four – Add a mob that uses player corpses to produce mobs.
Five – Add a mob that spawns after, say, five mins that channels a spell that prevents people from entering the event after it (kind of like a massive Ring of Warding).

I like these ideas although I’m thinking of something that would be something they could implement in the short term. Things like a code that overwrites their current player sensitive difficulty where more enemies spawn.

Eventually they could tailor specific events to have the things you mention. It will probably take them a long time to individually go through every event and give it interesting scaling mechanics.

Mega server tweak

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Yeah because we all wanna play zerg wars 2 like you.

It is really sad that ANet really give what “more is good” people asked. It is really sad.

Mega server tweak

ObsidianSaint.1079

It is really sad that ANet really give what “more is good” people asked. It is really sad.

So you prefer running around ghost towns? Struggling with any boss because no-one will help you. I look back and appreciate this change, it needs some tweaking, it’s bound to, but overall it is a far better experience.

Mega server tweak

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Its more like playing with a manageable group of say 5-15, not lagtastic-spastic 50+ zerg fest that breaks our computers and makes us blinder than a dredge in a dark room!

The Megasever made game play terrible for lower end computers, myself included, and nothing renders properly or everything is on the verge of crashing halfway through a world boss.

Its why I don’t even do Shatterer, teq, or three headed wurm at all and never will do them.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Mega server tweak

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

So you prefer running around ghost towns? Struggling with any boss because no-one will help you. I look back and appreciate this change, it needs some tweaking, it’s bound to, but overall it is a far better experience.

Nope. I was in Desolation in EU. Except low level maps, which I don’t care, I could find enough people without a problem. And apart from guests, I could find my server’s players without a problem. They took this basic stuff from me. Instead, ANet gave me an abomination which forces me to play with random dudes that I don’t know and even I can’t communicate with.

But who cares “more is good”, right?