Megaserver and Finding Friends [Suggestion]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

I have been watching the progression of the Megaserver IP selection thing for a while now and one thing has always struck me as an option that was perhaps overlooked.

We all want to play together with our friends and guildmates, but outside of poking everyone for a Taxi, we rarely know if we are on the same IP as them or not.

Thus I propose a simple addition to the game, as an option when hovering over the name of a friend on the friends list or Guild Roster, why not have it show the IP they are currently occupying along with the Zone? If nothing else it will make it easier for people to be able to find each other, know when they need to ask for a Taxi and any number of other things.

This may seem pointless, but there is something to be said for just randomly popping in on a friend mid event or mid activity in general with a great big ‘SURPRISE’ that has been lost since the addition of Megaservers.

I can also say that I feel this is a small alteration that would be greatly appreciated by the RP community as a means to help keep the RPers together outside of Major city Hubs.

Just food for thought you know?

Posted by: Klassicale.6985

Klassicale.6985

Great tool for RPers, but works for other people as well looking to hang out with their friends for PvE events. Always nice to have a group you know and trust to know an event rather than hoping the random people you get stuck with have a clue. Granted, most of us have a general idea of the content at this point, but… MMOs are about community. Making friends and all that. Being able to track our friends’ server IPs via the friends’ list would take a lot of the headache out of doing things with more than four other people.

Posted by: Morsheira.6102

Morsheira.6102

Just giving a small nudge as the entire topic vanished in a matter of seconds under the April fools spam