Megaserver and Guild Banks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

couldnt find this info with googling/searching

right now guild banks are specific to the server. if ur on server a and u xfer to server b all ur guild bank stuff gets left behind

will the megaserver system consolidate these separate guild banks?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not at this time.

‘Because worlds no longer separate players, we’ll eventually make sure that guilds are no longer separated either, that every guild member will be contributing to and benefitting from the same unified guild chapter. Until this system is in place, your home-world guild chapter will continue to be the chapter where any influence your character earns is sent and is the chapter visible to you in the guild panel.’

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

With the patch, no. In the future however, they plan on merging guilds that have been split across multiple home servers. This change is already in place for the Chinese release, so it’s just a matter of time and decisions.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

They should bring the guild changes together with the new megaserver release. It will be weird when people start recruiting for new members they will have to say which server they are from, so we may have too see people recruiting for guilds from Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay, Kaineng etc all in the same maps.

And guild mission will be a mess too, imagine if guilds from many servers have a guild puzzle or whatever in the same map at the same time, in the old system it was much less likely to happen.

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Soo with no control over which megaserver you are loaded into and the guild bank being specific to a specific world, how are you going to be able to access your guild bank when the game keeps bringing you to a server that is not your world? I play late at night and my server is fairly low population during the time I play, according to the blog, the goal of the megaserver is to bring people together which means that I will be brought to a different server rather than my home server. I find this to be a big problem as I don’t want to have to constantly zone in to the various cities to find one that allows me to join my server and therefore access my guild bank.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

If your home world is A, then you can only access guild banks from world A. It’s the same as now. Even now if you guest into world B, you can only access world A banks.

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

If your home world is A, then you can only access guild banks from world A. It’s the same as now. Even now if you guest into world B, you can only access world A banks.

Yeah, I know that, but atm you have a choice. If I don’t guest, I’m automatically on my server which means I can access my guild bank. With the megaserver system, you are not guaranteed to be on your server at any time, hence the problem.

Stars.2179

No no, right now even if your home server is A, it doesn’t matter whether you guest or not you can only access to server A bank.

For example: now, my home server is Blackgate, I guest so Sanctum of Rall, I still only Black Gate’s guild bank. I guest to Tarnished Coast, I can only access Black Gate’s bank. I guest to Jade Quarry, I can still ONLY access Black Gate’s bank.

After April 15, home home server is still Blackgate, doesn’t matter which megaserver I’m on, I can STILL ONLY access Blackgate Bank.

Stars.2179

Yeah, I know that, but atm you have a choice. If I don’t guest, I’m automatically on my server which means I can access my guild bank.

I just realize you question. Even now if you guest you can still access your home server guild bank

After patch, you will always able to access your home server guild bank.

Posted by: macon.4065

macon.4065

I think that you all need to fix this also for the WVW situation as well. Apart from the bank issue your also having Guild members fight each other in WVW. This could result in some cheating or exchange of information that would take away from the WVW experience. I’d like to suggest that you allow Guild’s now to represent themselves within the game and allow the Guild as a whole to select the side they wish to represent through color rather than server. So a guild could be say red, green, blue etc. To divide a Guild is not a good thing and right now their are a lot of Guilds running around.