Megaserver - good or bad...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nightshadow.7108

nightshadow.7108

Q:

Hello everyone!

Today i want to discuss “Megaserver” problem, related with choice players from random Europe server not related players with their home server from which they came.
This system showed self with good side towards players who do primary “farmed location” and novice players because world is populated by players.
The “Megaserver” system is not work normal with invite some players in guild, in practice when we enter in some map we can see many players from random servers Europe, who not related with our home server not as PvE or WvW world.
And I want ask you why players can not take award for guild mission if player is not from our “guild server” in “MegaServer patch”? player who was invited in our guild from another server must get award from guild mission how all players our guild.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Sweet Jesus – another one?
Can you honestly say that you never saw the multitude of other ‘megaserver’ related threads that you had to make another one?
/yawn

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: kult.3465

kult.3465

Megaserver is awesome. I actually see other people now in a MMO. gasp

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I’d visit the main MegaServer thread because sooner of later, this is going to get merged.

To answer your question in a nutshell: MegaServer does more harm than good so it is bad.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Megaserver is good and bad. It’s good that zones aren’t empty anymore, that I get to meet a bunch of new players (some are nice, some are not but those are in the minority. Hear people have other experiences though… maybe because I’m in the RU region?). However it does have some draw back, specifically in terms of temple events, large guild events. Apparently some people have issues with non-english speakers but I don’t really get that one myself. However for the more casual players they’ll hardly see any downside.

Anyway see you in the merged thread.

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Its toooootttalllyy awwweeeessooommmeeee.

Right?

As a standard in any game, map chat is a no holds barred free for all, and its expected that anything can and will happen in it.

My server, sea of sorrows, was pretty tame for the most part, our conversations were generally mature, insightful and helpful, even in arguments.

But now with mega servers, in less populated maps of PvE and especially heart of the mists, I get to experience a vast world of other servers trolls, angry teens and sociopaths at any time of the day.

Other servers trash has overflowed into our pristine waters, and it will never be the same.

Map chat drivel/toxicity has increased by 9001%.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Megaserver is good.
Before, I was always in front of a world boss with 2-3 people asking myself if I should quit.
Now i’m sure that whenever I go there will be people to kill it especially the less popular boss like karka queen, ulgoth modnir or megadestroyer.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I just hate it, I like the fact I can do contyent on a low level alt while seeing other players…

Thats the only positive.

I hate doing world bosses now, I can’t guest to another server to do a boss there if I cannot do it on my own free time on my own server.
I hate the fact my home server has no longer an identity.
I hate all languages have been merged and all reactions of ppl on foreign languages. (well I speak a bit of german and french and good english) but tsiull I cannot read 30-40% in map chat. Also the barrier speaking own langiuuages has dissapeared, becasue if ppl are allowed to speak whatever language in a game there is no äctual consensus anymore on 1 ingame language.
I hate guld missions ask for much taxi-ing
I hate guild requisition now also attracts ppl from other servers, and while we do not actively recruit for WvW it’s stupid to have to kill your own guildies in WvW. Also we use a guild TS which is impossible now for WvW and the second guild using our TS is full WvW… DOHhhh…..
I hate being forced to do WvW for dragonite now,
I honestly liked the world bosses and the living (hmmm…well now: reanimated and kept on life support) world… Hate I cannot actively trigger bosses anymore, I just go and sit in front of a screen look at the timer go to the server hope I get a good overflow and just spam 1 with the other 150 ppl. (Which honestly isn’t what it used to be)
I hate the fact there was a need for this update due to A-net never realeasing more contnet in the first place and just destroying the game as it was.

I JUST HOPE A-NET HAS THOUGHT ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF A NEW PATCH AND 75% OF THE LEAVERS RETURNING TO FIND THEIR GAME CRIPPLED.
I WONDER IF SERVER CAPACITY WILL ALLOW FOR IT. MIXING ALL SERVERS AND BUILDING OVERFLOW AFTER OVERFLOW….

I HOPE YOU GOT A SERVER-STRUCTURE ROLLBACK PLAN TO COPE WITH ANY
NOT SO EVIDENT FAILS IN YOUR PLANS, AS I"M SURE THEY WILL ARISE.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Moderator.7502

Moderator.7502

Hi there,

please make sure to post your feedback about “Feedback/Questions: MegaServer” in the dedicated main thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-MegaServer

Thank you!