Megaserver questions

Megaserver questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Is there a way to get your own dead map still? If:

• You are not in a party.
  • Your guild members are not even near the map you are on.
  • You have no one from your contact’s list on that map.
  • You guested to a different server.

I been trying to get my own map to maize balm farm in Rata Sum, but to no avail as I keep ending up in the same map I was in with farmers present that don’t want anyone but lv 2 guards and a thief to throw balms and kill for them as they use Staff skill #1.

I don’t want to use a thief. I have one, but its too low level to do any good and I am not going to re-roll to a lv 2 Asura guard as I have a lv 80- guard already and all my characters are 2 years old and I want my birthdays next year!

Can anyone help me get a map where i can farm by myself on all my toons?

Anet already said its not an exploit to kill the bugs transformed here.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Megaserver questions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There is not. And even if luck got you into such a server, it would boot you out within an hour anyway since unpopulated maps despawn eventually (hence the buff incentive message that pops up).

Could you not go to a diff area with lots of ambients? Such as where Shadow Behemoth spawns?

Megaserver questions

Yumiko Ishida.3769

They are not spaced properly enough to throw all three vials properly.

I kinda don’t care about the hour kick timer, as it takes less than an hour for one of my toons to get 300 bags each.

The shack in the crescent shaped hill is already full of people in Godslost Swamp. Other maps with ambients are too high level to be killed with utilities quick enough, Its like three kills every 10 minutes in Straits of Devistation and three kills every 5 minutes in Bloodtide Coast.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Megaserver questions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My only suggestion is to wait it out until people bore with the concept or go at quieter times of day. Not ideal, but you ultimately can’t fix the map to get a low population one (if you could many would game it and Anet would no doubt have hundreds of of them to keep running).

Sorry!

Megaserver questions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There is a heart in Bloodtide where part of the objective is to kill ambient crows. This means they respawn fairly quickly in small groups of 3 or so.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fight_the_Mysterious_Quaggan_Affliction

Megaserver questions

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I did that one and they fly away startled at times— wasting the bottle and the candy corn that spawn. It successful, Its about 5 minutes a throw to kill, so 9 bags every 15 minutes with my guard. I haven’t tried it with other characters. At least my other 80s can get there.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)