Megaserver = success

Megaserver = success

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

It finally happened ! Something i was waithing from first day since i started playing this game.GW2 doesnt look dead anymore as always looked like,it doesnt feel like offline RPG game anymore.This few areas that are under megaserver right now are full with people,if they do for every map in Tyria what they done with Heart of Mists,silvary and asura town there wont be EVER questions on forum “is this game dead” and “where are people”.Great job Anet,i love everything on this patch except crit nerf wich is big FAIL and people will soon know why,besides that all is well and im coming back to GW2 after 2 months not playing the game.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: TheGaryTh.1649

TheGaryTh.1649

Megaservers have been added to the Heart of the Mist and nothing else so far.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Taco.4275

Taco.4275

Strange how placebos work, I suppose.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Fredgerd.3204

Fredgerd.3204

I do wish they’d set the cap a bit lower especially in cities though

Its making me and probably alot of other people with lower grade graphics cards lag like crazy.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Man that is not truth,go to grow and rata sum and you will see people from every server around there.I was there and there are people from all EU servers,they talk different language and we even done server chack there.People responded that they are from many servers.Just go chack those places Gary.Megaservers are up there as well!

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Thats not true. In Timberline Falls and Straits of Devastation i land in the same instance even when i guest to servers of other languages.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

well for me, the map are still empty. LOL

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Megaserver = success

Posted by: TheTechnician.1078

TheTechnician.1078

Proof that there are ghost accounts on here, created just to say positive comments on things that are new, to assist in making people like them

Megaserver = success

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Wrong. Nice try, though.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Khattnip.1908

Khattnip.1908

Huh, maybe they have accelerated out then? I had assumed that the rush in Rata Sum had been because of ease of access to banks and the TO, but if this is what we can expect moving forward I have to say Im impressed! Was nice to see it bustling and the idea of that being a fixture is awesome!

Such savings, very Ogden, wow!

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Rezengu.3984

Rezengu.3984

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

Read the part where it says how the mega server is being rolled out
It’s only for HOTM

Megaserver = success

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

They lied, it’s in the cities right now.

Megaserver = success

TheGaryTh.1649

Feature patch notes doesn’t state anything about implementing megaservers in cities today. I am just reciting fact from a trustable source.

“This new system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas.

The order as well as the speed of the rollout may differ from what was previously announced in the original blog post, as we are adjusting our plans after further testing. It might continue to evolve during the process as we collect data and adjust accordingly".

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Kalaster.9014

Kalaster.9014

I can confirm that Rata Sum and the human city are now part of the megaserver. Rata Sum may look like a ghost town from the top, but take a trip to the bank area

Megaserver = success

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Feature patch notes doesn’t state anything about implementing megaservers in cities today. I am just reciting fact from a trustable source.

“then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with the less populated areas.

Doesn’t mean that they didn’t add more maps right away after it worked in HoTM.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Don’t believe the negative press-people LOVE complaining (sad but true). The megaserver has been implemented in Black Citadel and Rata Sum, as well as many other maps; I should know, since I am from usually desolate Anvil Rock.

No matter what has been said in notes, our collective experience says that even though it’s not global (Orr isn’t in yet from what I saw), there are plenty of megaservers map available at the moment.

Megaserver = success

TheGaryTh.1649

Didn’t state that they did add it either. Anyways, just because there is an influx of people doesn’t necessarily mean they rolled out megaservers for cities yet. I’m sure there are an additional influx of people simply because it’s patch day and many players and people who have taken breaks are interested to see what ANet has done to the game. Also people are probably in cities, either buying or selling items affected by the patch, retraiting, looking at new skills and figuring out the new wardrobe

Megaserver = success

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Didn’t state that they did add it either. Anyways, just because there is an influx of people doesn’t necessarily mean they rolled out megaservers for cities yet. I’m sure there are an additional influx of people simply because it’s patch day and many players and people who have taken breaks are interested to see what ANet has done to the game. Also people are probably in cities, either buying or selling items affected by the patch, retraiting, looking at new skills and figuring out the new wardrobe

/sigh, people have asked what servers everyone are from, and the answers are usually pretty spread out(not guested either).

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Megaserver = success

TheGaryTh.1649

That your personal experience, how am I suppose to know your own personal experience? From my experience, the cities are at a fairly normal population, however, on my current server that has been an increase in non-megaserver zones such as Orr simply because the server has a decent PvE playbase.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: TFMurphy.5136

TFMurphy.5136

It’s actually very easy to see whether you’re in a Megaserver or not: check the LFG panel.

I’ll confirm that Rata Sum, The Grove, Black Citadel, Timberline Falls and Fields of Ruin are all using Megaservers now. Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak are not, as far as I can see. I checked Iron Marches too, but that’s still server-specific. There may be a few other maps on Megaservers too.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I guess the second update was secretly (intentionally or not) adding the megaserver to places other than the HotM.

Or the first update did, and it was unintentional.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Megaserver = success

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Like others have said some maps are still dead because they decided to roll out these mega servers over time…