Megaservers: Babylonian confusion of tongues

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

first forword: please excuse my english errors. I am not very well in english.

second foreword: please do not violate the Forum rules, especially these ones:
•The official language of this forum is English . Please post and respond in that language only.
•Do not debate Customer Support decisions or actions.
•Do not post about locked, deleted, or otherwise moderated threads or posts.

If you do not understand the background, why I quote this, I am sorry but can not explain more without violating these rules. I do not want to violate the rules or get an infraction.

Hi,
I have understanded from the announcements, that the megaserver Technology would group players together on maps based on their preferred language.

In reality I can not see this . the map chat on EU Servers is full of English/ German/ French/ Italian/ Spanisch/… languages, combined with agressive or passive agressive demands to use this or that language or to not use that language.

Because of this clash of languages, the map chat overall seems to bee much more agressive and playing together with fun becomes more unlikely.

I belive a MMO is about playing together and communication and understanding each other is a big part of this.

I also think it is a big mistake if a game bans or hinders people from using their mother language from one day to another. And I think this is what the megaserver is doing right now.

Players who are in the USA and on the big US/NA-Servers may not see this as a problem. I can understand that. But on the EU Servers it should not be taken lightly.

Please ANet: Change the megaserver so that only players with the same language setting are put together on the same map.

thanks and regards.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I concur. The megaserver system certainly needs some tweaking. My client runs in English, I only type in English, most of my guildies are from the UK.
And I keep getting grouped with French players on maps where I can’t understand what they are saying.
It’s the reoccuring problem of the Overflows, where servers with different languages get trown together randomly.

I know it’s probably not that much of a problem on the NA servers, but it keeps getting ignored on the EU side. And some people simply can’t speak English or can’t do it very well. Creating national servers only to abandon the system in Overflows and now with the megaservers is simply not smart.

I can only hope the system is currently collecting data in the background and that the sorting algorithms will work as intended. So far, I don’t see it.

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there, since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic right now, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions comments and concerns here “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Guild-World-Events-Megaservers-WvW