Megaservers Ruined My Fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

So I like to solo champions. It’s really the only fun I have left in gw2. Since the megaservers became active I can no longer solo champs cuz there’s always somebody that interferes even after I ask them not to.
And when I ask players not to interfere they do it anyway just to troll.
I never had this issue before the megaservers.
I’m not trying to hog open world events or saying nobody else can fight the champ, but it’s only one spawn of the champ. It will spawn again.
For Example: I’ve been trying to solo the Mark II YF-Gold golem that spawns in Malchor’s Leap since the megaservers. I have yet to be able to cuz somebody interferes. I’ve spent hours camping there waiting for the event and the champ to spawn and get to fighting it and then somebody interferes. Every time. Some actually stop attacking and just watch when I ask them not to interfere which is awesome. But those that are respectful like that are very rare.

What I am saying is can Anet create a place that has champs in it for players to solo where they won’t be interfered with?
Kind of like the Queen’s Gauntlet but with champs from the open world and without timers. As if the player was soloing in open world.

I know this thread will be deleted but hopefully an Anet dev will become aware of it.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

This is an… MMO? You don’t own the right to any bosses. You may play as you please, but others have the same (within boundary of the rules of course).

You can try solo AC, TA? or even FOTM 49.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If it is considered respectful for others not to interfere in your fun, would it not be just as respectful for you to not interfere in theirs? Food for thought.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

It’s actually a problem of the Megaserver not of the people. Before you could find a server where you had a quiet map now all you can do is asking people not to interfere but you can’t expect them to do so.

I’m not so much into soloing something but I still don’t think that everything has to be done in a huge group.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

solo, krait champ in caledeon, there’s like no one who wants to do that champ
__
also, maybe get your kicks by soloing dungeons?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hello,

Since we are receiving a lot of feedback about this topic, we are gathering it in a dedicated thread. You are very welcome to repost your question, comments and concerns in this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.